Chapter One: Maybe This was Worth It..?

Seoul to Soul

I stood there with my friend, Sunmi. I had been forcibly taken out of the house to see this? I crossed my arms, annoyed by this whole night. My friend looked over at me and poked me.

“Hey! Don’t pout! This isn’t even the best part! The best group is coming on next! I promise you’ll like them.” She smiled cheekily at me and I replied with,

“Hmph!” She looked away and laughed at me. She clapped excitedly as the act on stage ended. I sighed in relief and lifted my hands to rub my temples. This place was giving me a headache. This girl should know by now that concerts weren’t really my thing. I never cared much for the large crowds of people all squeezing in together trying to get close to the stage. Sunmi left quickly and soon returned; drinks in hand. She handed me a soda and I sighed in relief. I finally had something to distract me from the endless din around me. I took a sip and slowly looked around, taking it all in. People were running around on the stage, gathering and moving equipment at a mad speed and with strength I had to admire.

While they were all running around moving equipment, one guy in particular caught my eye. I couldn’t help but watch him as he went around helping. He seemed about my age, but most people here were. I hadn’t noticed quite how long I was staring untill he turned towards me. He saw me staring. At first he was slightly taken aback, but then he relaxed, let out a small grin, and winked, turning away directly afterwards. It was so quick I almost didn’t believe it happened. I was only able to be released from my trance when my friend turned to me and followed my gaze.

“Ohhh, someone caught your eye, eh?” She asked. I blushed an even deeper shade of red and quickly turned away, breaking my stare. I didn’t answer. “Heh. I told you you’d like the next act.” That was all she said as she turned back to look towards the stage. I looked at her curiously, trying to grasp what she was trying to insinuate, but just then the lights began to dim and the crowd began cheering, incluing my friend, as a group of guys walked out on the stage. I turned to look at them and almost choked as I took a drink. It was him. HE was in a group? Performing? Tonight? Ehhh?!?! I knew my eyes had probably widened and I was standing there frozen. I quickly moved and tried to distract myself from my spazzing thoughts. I looked up and could have sworn I saw him smirk and look over at me. I quickly looked away and blushed. How embarassing! I never freaked out like this about a guy! Ugh, curse her for bringing me here tonight.

The guys all continued roaming around for a bit untill they had all set up their mics correctly and were all set to go. I watched as they all joked around, hitting eachother’s arms and laughing. My eyes found their way back to him. I watched as he bent over in laughter, obviouly amused by something that one of his mates had said. I smiled, enjoying his smile. It was contaigious, it seemed. He had a large smile that showed off his perfect white teeth and even some of his gums showed. A gummy smile. Cute.

He became more serious after that, looking down at the ground, concentrating. He looked up, surveying the crowed. His eyes stopped on me, I could feel it. He allowed a small smile to grace his lips. More childlike and innocent from the smirk I had received from him earlier. His eyes lingered for a moment, then he looked away in response to the cough the guy next to him had done pointedly towards him. He looked at him, and then looked down. I could have sworn he blushed. Did he just blush? Why would he do that? Aish, this is killing me.

The music started playing; the beat vibrating around me. I felt the floor shake. Normally, I would accompany this with a cringe and roll of my eyes, but this time I was anticipating it. Surely someone as good looking as him would manage to make good music. Well, I suppose that doesn’t really say anything about a person’s musical ability, but I sure hoped with all my heart that it was something good, because I wanted to enjoy this.


First chapter's up! Thanks for being patient! I'm probably going to be updating about once aweek. Sorry if hat seems slow, but that's how often I update Where Fate Takes us and so on top of other stories, homework, and everything else, that's all the time I can afford. But I'll try to update more often if I can. :)

But I'll probably update again tomorrow, just to get this going.