Chapter 6

I'll keep smiling for you

 

Taemin went back to Key’s house, more confident and assure of his actions, but Kibum got him to melt into a puddle of mixed emotions, as usual.

 

When the failed journalist reported the progress back to his boss, the only idea that came up was-

 

“Seduction?!”

 

Taemin slammed his hands on the desk, shaking his head angrily.

“No way ahjussi; I am not going to go into such resorts.”

 

The elder sighed, and looked at him straight in the eye.

“Look, if this goes nowhere, then what is the point of assigning you to the project? You’re a very attractive young man, and it should be no problem to make him fall for you. Doing this will help you gain his trust, and he might reveal his plans to you. After this case is solved, it’ll be easy to blatantly get out of the relationship. Understand?”

 

The atmosphere turned cold, and Taemin hated how his fear overcame his decision. The result of the argument was clear, and he regretted going here to resolve it in the first place.

“Fine.”

 

With a mad huff, the writer left the station in distress.

 

After a day of pure thinking, he was certain to wear a flimsy shirt and a baggy pair of pants; quite an unusual outfit to pick. Taemin decided against the extremely low cut shirt and very tight skinny jeans hiding in the back of his closet. Then he took a hot towel, spreading it over his face and chest. The arrangement he had mind was oddly made, but hopefully it would work.

 

Making sure his figure was now warm; he left his apartment, entering Key’s, which was conveniently open.

 

The other was sketching a type of lettering on a piece of paper, concentrated at the task.

 

Taemin took a deep breath, and then heavily collapsed on the floor.

 

Key looked up in confusion, and jumped from his seat seeing his neighbor on the linoleum.  Not knowing what to say, he didn’t hesitate lifting the light boy up onto the couch. His skin was damp, and Key worriedly touched his forehead.

 

“Are you okay Taemin? Have you caught another fever?”

 

Gaining no response, Key couldn’t help but glance at Taemin’s shirt, which was gradually slipping off of his shoulder, showing his defined collarbone. Taemin’s pants were also progressively lowering, revealing his stomach and a partial amount of his back.

 

And for the first time since their continuous meetings, Key got flustered.

 

Tugging up Taemin’s clothes for him, Key left to grab a thermometer and some blankets.

 

Making sure Key had left, Taemin hurriedly pulled down his baggy garments even further, slightly shuffling his position to show he had been moving and signaling the action wasn’t intentional. When Key returned, his face turned an even deeper shade.

 

“Okay, I see how this is going.”

 

Key put on a blind fold, then gently maneuvered on Taemin. After placing the extra layers of cloth on him and putting a cold compress on his forehead, Key removed his blindfold, checking the boy’s temperature.

 

It was normal.

--

A/N: So today's picture kind of shows Taemin's thinking proccess in a relaxed sort of state~ I'm sure you guys will have lots of opinions on this chapter, please say them cause' they actually really do help me~ Next update might be quite soon c: