Chapter 3

I'll keep smiling for you

 

Kibum noticed a quietness infiltrate the room.

And he didn’t like it.

 

“Dumm di Dun dun hm Duum dun dibidis di doo da Dun dun dunnn~” A soft, random hum left Key’s lips, startling an ever so confused Taemin.

 

“Pffft.”

 

There, just a bit more.

 

A chuckle escaped Taemin, and Kibum grinned to himself in pleasure, admiring his accomplishment.

 

“You’re really pretty when you smile.”

 

Taemin tensed up again, but didn’t let it get to him. “Thank you.”

 

Key happily got out of his chair, going to the fridge. He scanned the shelves and pulled out a small paper box, cutely decorated with polka dots.

 

“Drum roll please,” he announced in an animated voice.

Taemin giggled, playing along and tapping the edge of the table with his hands repeatedly.

 

Settling himself back down, Kibum proceeded to carefully peel away the top and reveal a fairly large monte blanc cupcake.

 

“Ta-dah!” He proudly presented it to an awed Taemin.

“That looks delicious! Did you make it?”

“Of course not, I bought it for myself because it was my birthday yesterday. Care to share it with me?”

 

Without a moment of hesitation, Taemin shoveled a bit of the pastry with a plastic fork. The creamy chestnut melted on his tongue, giving him pleasurable chills down his back.

“Yummy!”

 

Key was glad his guest had loosened up, and also began munching with him. Fairly soon, the desert was gone, and a crinkled up parchment paper was all that was present inside the open box. Key handed Taemin some banana milk to wash down the starchiness left behind.

 

“Thank you so much for everything.” The anxious guys said, getting up to leave.

 

“No problem, it was nice to have someone over. It gets really lonely at times.” He replied, heading towards the door first to open it up for Taemin, whom was putting on his shoes.

 

“Thanks again, I’m sorry for the trouble Kibum.”

 

Without waiting to hear an answer, he exited the apartment complex and began walking along the stretched balcony to stairs that went downward.

 

Wait.

 

Taemin inspected where he was standing and began going backwards.

 

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid me.

 

Why hadn’t he realized that Key was his next door neighbor?

 

--

A/N: omg sorry for the lazy chapter; and i updated late too asdfgjhgfhkj. sdfkjhgjlkjhgfddfg. dfghkjhgfdsdsasdfjhlk.