Chapter 4

I'll keep smiling for you

 

“No, he wouldn’t like this.”

     Taemin shook his head and put the pale pink messenger bag on the counter. Nothing appealed to him, and he wasn’t even sure what the other was even was interested in. The aisles were lined with pointless knick knacks of clocks, paintings, pearl necklaces and mood rings. No item was suitable enough, and Taemin regretted entering the odd looking shop. The old lady rocking in the corner was just as suspicious as the hideous floral curtains swaying by the window.

 

Omo, when did I start criticizing everything? I’ve got to stop hanging out with my hyung.

 

 As he strolled he stumbled a bit, gracefully steadying himself and looking up to find the perfect object sitting on the shelf in front of him. Taemin was proud of his discovery, carefully taking it. After paying for the entity, he walked out of the place content with the purchase.

“. It’ll be weird if I just show up for no reason…well actually I do have a reason but is it good enough?” He frustratingly mumbled to himself, mindlessly entering a warm bakery. Seeing as to where he was, he saw the platter of hankwa in front of him and couldn’t resist.

 

Ordering the korean sweet, he was satisfied. He walked along the pavement, fine and pleased to have done some decent shopping today. Crossing the walkway bridge along the way, he arrived home. Taemin went inside his own apartment first, putting down the paper bags to settle on a soft sofa. Everything was peaceful, nothing out of the ordinary.

 

Now, the thought floating in his head must be said.

“Is Kibum a killer?”

     Muttering it incoherently, the question sounded absurd. Taemin had even asked his chief if he could be re-assigned a different case, but the elder said it was too late. After all, it was the boss that arranged him to be a neighbor to the suspect. Everything was already paid for too, the living expenses, income, food.

 

No clues lead to the idea, but it was too early to make him clear of the felony. It was reported that he brought victims to a hotel far from here, only coming back with no one leaving behind him. The room was said to be empty from un-suspecting witnesses. Later it was said on a news report that citizens were suddenly missing.

 

“But his personality doesn’t suit the description at all! Sly eyes, mysteriously curved, smirking lips…”

     Actually it did sound like Key, but that wasn’t the point.

 

Taemin wiggled around, confused and lightheaded. He took a deep breath, and sighed.

 

Getting up from the sofa, he reached for the paper bags and lifted them up. Leaving his apartment once more, he was certain it was time to do something productive.

 

“Okay Lee Taemin, you can do this.”

 

After a long while, he reached where he was supposed to be and anxiously knocked on the door.

 

--

A/N: waah! questions everywhere! They might not be answered until next chapter muahahahaha. Comment if you'd like to~ the photo for this chapter is supposed to be like the shop Taemin went to cause' it was all antique-like and stuff.