Chapter 5

I'll keep smiling for you

 

“How can I help you tod-”

 

Key cut off his sentence midway to give a smile.

 

“Ehm hello…” Taemin timidly greeted.

 

“You should come in,” Kibum gestured the visitor into his house, and Taemin obliged. He sat on the seat he was in last time, and Key put himself in front of him.

 

“Have you figured out that-”

 

“You were my neighbor?”

 

Taemin’s face turned pink and he nodded. Key chuckled and pointed at the paper bags in his hand.

 

“O-oh this.”

     Taemin opened one and wiggled his fingers through it. After layers of crepe paper he pulled out something wrapped in some cloth. It was slightly large, but could be grasped in the palm of his hand.

 

“Thank you for caring for me yesterday,” he nervously said, sliding the object across the table.

 

Key lifted off the cloth and grinned.

“I absolutely love it!”

 

Taemin looked up with surprised eyes. “You do?”

 

The other elevated the metallic key key-chain up to glare in the light. Its reflection was bright, and shiny. The bow part of the item was flat and engraved with numerous flowery details. Key looked at it admiringly.

“Beautiful.”

 

Pleased, Taemin took out the korean sweets he bought and laid them out on the table.

“More showings of my gratitude.”

 

Key delightfully clapped his hands, and ate one.

“Delicious! Thank you Taemin,” he commented while chewing at a sticky piece.

 

Moments then happened afterward, too many to be said in mutlitple forms. Key insisting on Taemin to take a sweet too; Taemin eventually giving in to the temptation; more “thanks”; a continuous amount of compliments from Key to Taemin; Taemin just blushing; more blushing; a couple of silences; and a lot of smiling from Key.

Pretty soon there was nothing left to do.

 

“Well I should get going,” Taemin announced, picking up the trash from the sweets and stuffing them in the paper bags.

 

“Alright,” Key responded, getting out of his seat and escorting him to the door.

 

Right as he was going to leave, Kibum took hold of his hand, pulling him in for a quick hug. The embrace was light and loose, a relief for Taemin.

 

“You should come back again,” Key told him as he pulled away.

 

“Maybe.”

 

Taemin didn’t know if his answer was or wasn’t a lie.

 

But he was sure that next time his investigation would suddenly escalate because his real plan would start now. 

 

--

A/N: I wasn't satisfied with this chapter so I added the little confusing sentence there at the end; ohohohoho anticipate the how un-thrilling and anti-climatic next chapter will be. I'd appreciate you telling me your opinions on the story so far~ c: Today's photo represents diffrent types of sweets, although Taemin only brought one specific type called hankwa, the theme is still similar..