Let them talk, their words mean nothing

Can't Fight This Feeling

Hello my dear readers! How's your day today? Mine is SUPER! lol I'm so happy today because of.. :"D Nevermind. This for you guys! I hope your day as amazing as mine~ xD

 

 

The loud slam of Mrs. Hwang shutting the front door remained echoing in Sooyoung's mind as she stood on the Hwang's front porch, a motionless expression on her face. It was needless to say the shock from what had just happened was so huge that the young rebel had frozen on the spot wide-eyed, without really knowing what to do. After long minutes, she finally snapped out of her trance with a shiver. – After all, she'd been thrown out of her girlfriend's house without even getting the chance of grabbing her stuff…or putting her shirt back on. She shivered once more before hugging herself, covering her almost bare torso; the feeling of having a knot in kept growing as she remembered her cell phone had been left in her backpack.

"Gosh…" She shook her head as she looked around. – Another shiver, another helpless sigh. She simply had no idea of how she was getting home now. Actually, she didn't even know if she wanted to go home.

Ok…what do I do now…? – Her mind was furiously confused by everything. Not in a lifetime had she expected something like that would happen. Mrs. Hwang wasn't like that…She had always been so kind to Sooyoung. That only made her fear that things wouldn't get better from that moment.

Another shiver ran through her as she heard yelling coming from the house.

"I hate you!" Tiffany's voice was filled with hurt and anger, and Sooyoung once more froze to listen attentively.

"Tiffany…Tiffany, come back here!" Mrs. Hwang's voice was a ton of different emotions mixed as Tiffany's furious steps through the stairs echoed through the house. Sooyoung sighed once more and closed her eyes to another shiver. – Much for her bad luck, that night had turned cold.

"Sooyoung…?" a deep worried voice made her jump in surprise. Kris stood a few feet from her, shocked to see her outside; barefoot and without her shirt. "You ok?" The brown-haired girl's expression told him that something bad had happened; he got closer to her and she looked at him for a moment.

"No…I'm not ok…things aren't ok…" She bit her lip, fighting the tears that were insisting to leave her eyes.

"Why are you…?" He started, but soon his eyes widened. "Oh, no…" Sooyoung looked down. "No…they found out…?!" With 'they' he referred to his parents. Sooyoung nodded, feeling as vulnerable as she'd ever been.

"Your mom threw me out." Her voice was a strangled whisper. Kris stayed there, looking at her in shock, before he finally shook his head. – snapping out of his frozen state.

"Oh, Sooyoung, what the hell am I doing standing here?!" He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "C'mon, you need to get fully dressed or you'll get a cold." He opened the door and stepped inside. She sent him a nervous look.

"Inside…?"

"You can't stay out there freezing, can you?" he gently pulled her, making her step inside before closing the door. The brunette glanced around, shuddering.

"If your mom sees me, she'll…" Her eyes were pleading.

"I won't let her do anything, ok?" He looked around as well. "Now, maybe you should go upstairs. Tiffany must be really upset."

"Just…just bring me a hoodie or something from my backpack." She said as fear grew along with the passing minutes. "Please, Kris…and my cell phone." He sighed and rushed upstairs, figuring that his mother must have had a really bad reaction to leave Sooyoung scared like that. It was definitely not a good sign…

A few later, Sooyoung was already outside, wearing her red hoodie and holding her cell phone as she dialed Soojin's number and glanced at Kris, who was standing at the doorway with a worried face.

"You gonna be ok…?" he asked. The brunette locked gazes with him for a moment before sighing.

"Just… tell Tiffany I love her, ‘kay?" she looked at him for a moment, and he nodded before entering the house and closing the door behind him.

"Tiffany, open the door." Mrs. Hwang was standing at her daughter's door, her emotions still furiously mixed from what had happened. She desperately needed to talk to Tiffany, even though she feared she'd end up hurting her even more. "Tiffany!" No reply came. – It was obvious the eyes-smile girl wanted nothing to do with her. "Honey, please…we need to talk!" At that instant the door opened, revealing a very upset Tiffany, who had her eyes teary.

"No mom…you need to talk." She took a breath, trying to keep her voice tone firm. "I have nothing to say anymore, you've already took your own conclusions." Mrs. Hwang stared at her daughter for a moment and sighed.

"How else did you expect me to react, Tiffany…?" she tried to get some reason in her daughter's head. Her mind was telling her she was doing the right thing…But her heart…that was another story.

"Let me see…you could've not thrown Sooyoung out like you did?" Tiffany's tone was sarcastic and angry at the same time.

"Honey, about Sooyoung…" Mrs. Hwang started, her voice sounding like a low whisper. Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

"What…?"

"It's wrong." Her thoughts led her straight to the point. Tiffany sent her a glare of disbelief. "You…and…her, it's wrong."

"Mom, listen to yourself." Tiffany's expression was serious as she took a breath. "That's not you…you'd never call love wrong." It was Mrs. Hwang's turn to take a breath. "Yeah, mom, love. That's what I feel for her, it's not just a phase or…or an experience, I'm in love with her." Mrs. Hwang stayed silent, scanning her expression. - Her daughter was definitely serious about it…that's what she had feared.

"Tiffany…you have to understand…" she started, but was cut off by other death glare from the light-haired girl.

"Nothing you ever say will stop me from being with her." Tiffany's hand was firmly holding the door's knob, ready to shut it on her mother's face at any instant. "Sooyoung needs me, you know that. And I need her." Mrs. Hwang couldn't figure what else to say. She realized she wouldn't be able to keep the girls from seeing each other, but she still hoped her daughter would come to her senses. The world could be really cruel, after all. – But wasn't she being as cruel…? "I don't expect you to accept us right away…" Tiffany managed to put an emphasis to 'us'. "But at least try." With that she closed the door, leaving Mrs. Hwang in the hallway, drowning in her thoughts. A sigh of frustration echoed through the hallway and she turned around to find her Mother-in-law behind her with a glass of wine on her right hand and a very upset expression on her face.

"Now, see what you've done?" a tone of disapproval filled her voice. Mrs. Hwang looked at her for a moment, starting to feel even more frustrated.

"Mother, I don't need this right now." Mrs. Hwang's face was serious.

"Oh, you do." The older woman stepped forward, facing her daughter-in-law. "You should really be ashamed of yours--"

"Stop it, ok?! Just…stop." Mrs. Hwang led a hand to her forehead, feeling that a headache would soon attack her. She took a breath. "I've just found out that…my daughter is…"

"…In love?" Her mother-in-law finished it for her, sending her a grin. "Well, you should be happy for her." Mrs. Hwang sent her an incredulous expression as her mother-in-law took a long sip of her drink.

"…with Sooyoung, Mother!" Mrs. Hwang exclaimed, her voice cracking. Her mother-in-law raised an eyebrow, her grin never leaving her face.

"I know." She took another sip of her drink. "And you should be happy that Tiffany's happy." After that sentence, both women just stayed silent for a long moment. Mrs. Hwang glanced up, then down, taking a deep breath. She really didn't know what to think or feel anymore.

For Sooyoung and Soojin, the car ride to their house was painfully silent. Sooyoung hadn't wanted to explain what had happened to her older sister, who was confused and surprised by the brunette's sudden call. As soon as they arrived home, Sooyoung rushed inside. – Still without saying a word.

"Ok, what happened?" Soojin asked, impatient, as she followed her baby sister into the living-room. Sooyoung turned around, facing her, and that's when Soojin noticed her eyes were teary. "Sooyoung…"

"Her parents found out." The brown-haired girl sat on the couch, taking a deep breath as her older sister sat beside her.

"They didn't react well…" It was a statement. – Soojin sent her a concerned look as she said that.

"Mrs. Hwang freaked out." Sooyoung's voice cracked. She moved a hair lock from her face before looking up at her older-sister. "Mr. Hwang and Tiffany tried to calm her, but she didn't even give us a chance to explain…I was thrown out of the house within seconds." Soojin sighed as she put an arm around Sooyoung's shoulder.

"Hey…try to relax. Things will be ok." Soojin's voice was soft. "Mrs. Hwang's just shocked and confused…you and Tiffany need to give her time." Sooyoung nodded as she whipped a tear from her face.

"I just…don't want to be without Tiffany." Sooyoung's tone was a strangled whisper.

"Oh, that won't happen." Soojin tried to comfort her. "I don't think Tiffany will let Mrs. Hwang keep you away from each other." The brown-haired girl sent her a half-smile before getting up and sighing. – Feeling a bit more relaxed.

"I'm gonna get some sleep now." She said as her older sister looked up at her. "You know, rough day and stuff…" Soojin nodded. "'Night, Soojin."

As the failed attempts of falling asleep went by, Sooyoung took a breath before staring at her bedroom's ceiling for a moment. Things were starting to go crazy and she didn't know how to stop them. But with Tiffany's parents having found out, nothing more felt like a treat for her…for them. Maybe it was time for a change, change in tiny but important details of her and Tiffany's life. – The brunette grinned. – There was nothing more to fear.

"She said that…?" Sooyoung was standing next to Tiffany, who was placing her books on her desk while telling her about the conversation she and her mother had had the night before. The classroom was slowly getting empty due to the leaving students and Tiffany looked up at her girlfriend after letting out a sigh.

"Yeah…she kept ranting about how you and me it's wrong." She said. The brunette gripped her books tighter and shook her head.

"Did she…tell you to…" she couldn't dare to let out the words she had on her mind. Tiffany moved closer to her, staring into her piercing blue eyes.

"I'm not gonna break up with you." The shorter girl' brown eyes were showing full sincerity as she said that. "Nothing she says or does will ever make me do that." Sooyoung sighed in relief and smiled.

"Promise?" The brunette asked as she placed a gentle hand on the other girl's shoulder. Tiffany smiled back at her.

"Promise."

The intense eye contact they were sharing soon made them forget about everything else as their hearts speeded up. Sooyoung moved her hand from Tiffany's shoulder to her cheek, softly caressing it. Tiffany took a breath, glancing around the classroom.

"I thought…I thought you didn't want to let people know…" The light-haired girl's voice was soft, but breathless.

"Maybe I don't care about that anymore…" Sooyoung's voice was as anxious as Tiffany's as she leaned in and softly kissed her; Tiffany closed her eyes, kissing back.

When they pulled away it seemed as if everyone that was in the classroom had frozen, staring at them. – Just as they expected.

Tiffany felt a nervous wave start rising in her as she glanced around the classroom once more; but Sooyoung tried to stay calm, and without any reluctance she grabbed Tiffany's hand as she stuck her tongue at their crowd.

 

 

 

*BOOM BOOM BOOM*

SOOFANY CAME OUT!

 

comments? subscribe? both? anything would be nice! :D