That Thing You Do

Can't Fight This Feeling

I'm sorry for being such a lousy author this past days. Maybe I don't get enough feedback or subscribers or something. But that'll be unfair for you guys who actually support my story if I abandon this. So yeah, I'm going to continue this story even if I don't get any feedback. I promise! Well, this is for you guys~ :)

 

 

"I could die lying in her arms, where castles are made of sand." The McFly song ran through Tiffany's head as she took a soft breath while she gently placed her head against Sooyoung's shoulder, her arms arround her girlfriend's form as both lay on Tiffany's bed; Tiffany's torso againt the brunette's back. – Sooyoung'breathing was soft, but it could be heard due to the room's peaceful silence.

Tiffany didn't even know what time it was, and she didn't care. She just wanted to stay there like they were forever.

She really couldn't imagine things differently...And to believe she wasn't going to tell her how she felt back in the days where her love for Sooyoung was nothing but a secret. – She was extremely thankful that things headed like they did. Now they were together, which is how they were supposed to be.

"Thoughtful again?" Sooyoung's melodic voice snapped her from her thoughts. The brunette took a breath, and smiled at the feeling of Tiffany being so close.

"Yeah..." Tiffany let out a chuckle as she lifted a hand to run her fingers through her girlfriend's brown hair, softly the back of her head.

"Mmmm, that's nice..." Sooyoung let out in a soft tone. Tiffany grinned. They stayed silent for a moment, just enjoying each other's presence as the minutes went by.

"Do you think things will get better?" Sooyoung suddenly asked, her voice low as a whisper. She turned arround to face Tiffany as her silence showed confusion. "Between you and your mom."

"Oh...I don't know, I mean..." Tiffany's brown eyes showed a glint of pain as she talked. "She hasn't changed her opinion about us...But that doesn't matter." She sent her a warm smile as she reached for her cheek and caressed it. "I'm yours, and she can't change that." Sooyoung smiled back at her. – She couldn't believe how lucky she was for having Tiffany. The word soulmate ran through her mind, and it just sounded...perfect.

"I love you." She spoke in a soft whisper as she gently grabbed the back of Tiffany's head to pull her into a kiss. The light-haired girl kissed back, finding a soft rhythm against the brunette's mouth. Sooyoung's hand found its way to her waist and she managed to pull her closer as she felt the butterflies in her stomach. Tiffany let out a low moan against her lips.

Before they could go further, though, they heard a car parking near the house. – It was either Kris or him and Tiffany's parents.

They broke the kiss, feeling their breathing getting a bit heavier, and Sooyoung frowned in frustration.

"Dammit."

Tiffany chuckled as she placed one more soft quick kiss on her girlfriend's lips before sitting up on her bed with the covers around her.

"C'mon, let's get dressed." Tiffany got up and grabbed picked up her clothes from the floor. Sooyoung once again groaned in frustration before getting up as well. "Hurry, you don't want them to catch us like this."

"I guess..." Sooyoung said motionless. – Well, giving explanations to her girlfriend's parents was something she surely did not want to do.

Not much later they walked down the stairs to find the rest of The Hwang at the front hall. Kris glanced at them, sending them a half-smile before heading to the kitchen. – The girls were left there with Mr. and Mrs. Hwang.

"Oh, hey Sooyoung." Mr. Hwang greeted the brunette politely. "How are you?"

"All right, Mr. Hwang." Sooyoung answered, a bit shyly. – It was her girlfriend's father, after all...she didn't quite know how to act around him. Mrs. Hwang stayed silent, looking at the young rebel with an unreadable expression that made a shier run through Sooyoung's spine. "Mrs. Hwang." She greeted, even more shyly, and with a bit of resentment in her voice.

"Sooyoung." Mrs. Hwang shot back, the same resentment hidden in her voice. Tiffany glared at her mother before instinctively grabbing Sooyoung's hand and squeezing it. "May I ask what you were doing here...?"

"We were studying biology." Sooyoung hissed, a smirk appearing on her face due to her sentence's double meaning. Mrs. Hwang's face twisted into a shocked look as she noticed it, and Tiffany gulped, wishing the brunette hadn't said that. Mr. Hwang cleared his throat as he sensed the tension between the three woman; he glanced at the floor for a moment, crossing his arms on his chest, before looking up at Sooyoung and taking a breath. The brunette rubbed the back of her head, stepping backwards.

"Don't worry, I was just leaving." She said. Tiffany refused to let go of her hand.

"Don't go." She pleaded, her brown eyes locking with Sooyoung's blue ones.

"I have to. Soojin will kill me during sleep if I pass my curfew." Sooyoung sighed, before sending her a warm smile. "See ya tomorrow." She hesitated for a moment, staring at her girlfriend, and then she placed a soft peck on her lips before rushing to the door. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Hwang!" Her voice tone was excited due to what she'd just dared to do; and she ran out of the house. Tiffany grinned as she stared at the now closed door for a moment. Mrs. Hwang was completely astonished, and Mr. Hwang looked at her for a moment before noticing his daughter's dreamy expression. Well...I'll have to get used to that. – He thought.

...

Low footsteps could be heard at the Hwang's house's hallway; and considering the clock marked 2:30 am, it was too much unusual. It's probably necessary to tell those footsteps belonged to a worried father of two teenagers, who was heading to his daughter's room, for he couldn't stay any longer feeling the confusion that was caused on his mind ever since that dreadful Saturday night…he needed to talk to her, desperately. – Because until then he hadn't had the chance to. - About what he had seen, about what he had heard, about what he had said…about what he had felt.

He finally reached Tiffany's bedroom, taking a deep breath as he stopped by the door, and he gently knocked. – Hoping she'd answer.

After not much the door was opened, revealing a pair of brown eyes and wavy light-brown hair. The eyes-smlie girl had a peaceful expression on her face and she smiled sweetly as she saw he father. Mr. Hwang smiled back at her.

"Mind if I come in…?" he asked as his mind worked furiously on what he needed to say. "I need to talk to you." Tiffany sighed, stepping aside to allow him in. – she knew her father's night visit could only have to do with Sooyoung. The tall brown-haired man walked slowly into her room, sitting on the edge of her bed. She looked at him for a moment before sitting beside him in silent, expecting a talk that would probably not be so comfortable.

"So…" He started, tapping both hands on his knees as he once more took a breath. "Sooyoung, huh?" Tiffany locked her gaze on her room's wall, rubbing both hands nervously as she tried to keep herself calm.

"Yup." Was all that she managed to say. "Sooyoung." Mr. Hwang stared at his daughter for a long moment. He hadn't imagined that she'd changed so much…and there she was…Simply having to deal with everything practically on her own. – Tiffany had clearly matured a lot ever since they moved to Seoul.

"Dad…"Tiffany started, her voice sounding like a strangled whisper as her vulnerability once more took over her. "Do you hate me?" Mr. Hwang was shocked to hear that question coming from her daughter. He moved closer to her and pulled her into a warm hug.

"Honey…of course I don't. God…how could I hate you? You're my daughter, and one of the most precious things I've got in my life." Tiffany felt a tear sliding down her face as she hugged him back, leaning her head against his comforting strong shoulder. "It doesn't matter who you love…and I know you do love her, I can tell." Tiffany nodded as she whipped the tears from her face.

"I do, dad…I really do." Her voice tone was soft as she started to get calmer. "And I'm really glad that you accept that." Mr. Hwang sent her a tender look, smiling.

"You're my baby girl…and I just want you to know that I love you, no matter what. I know you and Sooyoung will take care of each other." Tiffany smiled warmly at him, feeling safe, reassured by her dad's words. She then glanced at the hallway and sighed; and he could sense that there still were things troubling her. – One of them, of course, was her mother’s prejudicial attitude, that had caused a lot of hard arguments during that week. "But what about…" There was so much hurt in her voice that it made Mr. Hwang frown before letting out a sigh.

"Well, your mother…"He said as he for a moment remembered the past harsh events. ". I know how she hurt you, Tiffany…but you gotta understand that's not easy for her either. I'll try to talk to her, though."

"Thanks, dad." Tiffany smiled once more, glad that things were slowly starting to head into a good direction. And she knew that even though her mother's former attitude had been incredibly hurtful, she'd have to accept her eventually. And if she didn't...Well, Tiffany wasn't willing to give up on Sooyoung because of that.

Ok Taecyeon couldn't be more thoughtful; his whole reality had been twisted in an incredible quick and sick way. He just couldn't believe in everything that had been happening. – His Tiffany…no, he couldn't call her his. She wasn't his, she was Sooyoung's. – That though made a terrible wave of pain strike him, and he frowned.

But how could that be…? It didn't make sense, it didn't for him…He and Tiffany used to be so in synch; so…happy. What had he done wrong?

Well…a lot of things.

He sighed, a mix of huge frustration and sadness running through his veins like acid. – But he knew he couldn't have avoided that…He'd seen how close she and Sooyoung were. He knew they were inseparable. Maybe…maybe even soul mates.

He shivered. – There was no way he could deal with it; it just hurt too much. He still wanted to be with her…he still loved her. But he didn't know anything he could do to make her come back to him. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try… - His mind yelled loudly. He rubbed the back of his head as he got up from the living room's couch, taking a breath.

Maybe.

 

 

Well.. well.. I smell another drama will come.. how ‘bout you guys? :P

 

p.s Mr. Hwang for president! YEA