No Envy, No Fear

Can't Fight This Feeling

Here's chapter 5 for ya. Enjoy!

 

 

It seemed almost as if time had frozen the instant Kris walked in Tiffany's room. The boy was as shocked as he ever had been due to what he had seen, and he couldn't quite process the fact he had just caught his girlfriend and his sister making out. – It just didn't make sense for him.

Sooyoung watched as Kris led his hands to his head and took a deep breath. She sent a nervous glance to Tiffany, who had wide eyes as well.

"Kris…" the light-haired girl tried to call her brother's attention. – She still had her arms around herself, but the embarrassment was starting to be replaced by a huge wave of nervousness. Sooyoung stepped forward, closer to him, and shook her head.

"I…Kris…I'm sorry…" was all that Sooyoung managed to say. – Her head lowered and she had to fight the tears that were forming in her eyes.

"But why…you…?" Kris couldn't get the words to come out right. - He was feeling breathless. Tiffany got up and approached them.

"I…I know this is all too confusing…but…" she started. Kris raised his head, and his eyes were showing a ton of mixed feelings. – Tiffany sighed as a tear slid down her face. Kris shook his head, still with a shocked expression, and slowly walking backwards. -He could not believe in what had just happened… - Sooyoung reached for his shoulder, but he jerked away from her.

"Kris!" Tiffany cried. - Sooyoung had frozen at his action. "Kris, please!"

"Kris…" her voice was a strangled whisper. But he only backed farther from the two girls. "Kris, I'm…"

"Save it." He said, his tone sounding extremely hurt. "You've just crushed my heart…both of you." He sent Sooyoung an upset look. "We're done." With that he left to his room and slammed the door shut. Sooyoung stared at the door for a moment and unconsciously sat on Tiffany's bed. - Shocked. – Tiffany instantly sat beside her, sending her a concerned look.

"Sooyoung…" she called. – The brunette didn't answer. Sooyoung was looking down with her fists clenched and Tiffany could feel her shuddering. - Her best friend was struggling against the tears. "Sooyoung, let it out…" the brown-haired girl shook her head 'no'. Tiffany sighed and gently wrapped her arms around her. "Please, Sooyoung…don't torture yourself like that…" The light- haired girl now had tears running down her face. She just couldn't stand seeing Sooyoung suffering like that, because she had been through enough already. – She didn't need more hurt in her life.

"I didn't wanna hurt him…" Sooyoung's voice was a painful whisper. – Tiffany hugged her tighter and Sooyoung cleared as she hid her face in the slightly older girl' neck. Tiffany softly massaged her back as she kissed the top of her head, trying to comfort her.

"It's gonna be ok…" she whispered softly. "I'm here for you." Sooyoung lifted her head and placed a soft kiss on Tiffany's lips before going back on hugging her. – What they were feeling did not require words…

Morning came at the Hwang's residence; Tiffany opened her eyes and smiled at the view of fully asleep Sooyoung snuggled next to her. – The rebel had refused to sleep alone, so Tiffany had let her sleep on her bed. This was a very comforting experience, watching Sooyoung fall asleep with her arms around her.

The light-haired girl stayed like that, just watching the brunette's breathing for a moment. She looked so peaceful that it made her heartbeats faster. Sooyoung, you're just too cute… - Tiffany thought. – She leaned to the other girl's ear. "I love you." The whisper was soft, and Tiffany noticed Sooyoung smiling. – A few later, a pair of blue eyes was staring at her.

"'Morning." Sooyoung sent her a warm smile and Tiffany pulled her closer into a kiss. Sooyoung locked eyes with her when she pulled away.

"Fany-ah…what does this mean?" she asked. "Are we together?" Tiffany reached for Sooyoung's cheek, softly caressing it.

"Only if you want to…" Tiffany's voice was soft, but hopeful. Sooyoung smiled.

"Of course I want to…girlfriend." Sooyoung grinned at how right it felt to say that. Tiffany chuckled and pulled her into another soft kiss.

Later, as the girls arrived at the kitchen for breakfast; Sooyoung started fearing that the fact she and Tiffany were now an item wouldn't stop things from getting harsh at them…

That sensation was caused by Kris's expression as he sat on the kitchen table. He didn't seem mad…but the hurt on his face made both Sooyoung's and Tiffany's heart weight with guilt.

"Good morning, girls." Mrs. Hwang's voice snapped them from their thoughts, and they took their seats at the table. – Both girls avoiding Kris's eyes.

"'Morning, Mrs. Hwang." Sooyoung said, trying to keep her voice tone normal. Tiffany glanced at her before sending a smile to her mother.

"Good morning, mom." Mrs. Hwang placed the plates with scrambled eggs and toast on the table and glanced at her son.

"Kris, you're so quiet…" she stated, finding her son's expression unusual. "What's wrong?" The boy sighed, running his fingers through his temples.

"It's nothing." Needless to say, he was lying. The hole he now had in his heart was aching terribly…and he couldn't dare to look at his sister or his ex girlfriend. Mrs. Hwang then glanced at the girls.

"Do you have anything to say…?" She somehow sensed her son's low mood had something to do with them. Sooyoung sighed and Tiffany cleared . Mrs. Hwang raised an eyebrow, but shook off the suspicion. - Her son and Sooyoung probably had some stupid argument…nothing to worry.

But was it really? Her suspicions rose when she noticed the nervous glances Tiffany and Sooyoung were sending to each other. Let them be…-she thought to herself – They'll tell what's going on when they're ready.

The weekend went by as quickly as it always does; a new Monday morning came in Seoul, and Tiffany was extremely anxious to meet Sooyoung as she entered the school building.

As she expected, the brown-haired rebel was at her locker getting her books. She grinned as she approached her.

"Hey." Sooyoung greeted her with a smile when she noticed her.

"Hi." Tiffany could feel her heart hammering against her chest. She couldn't believe she finally had Sooyoung…she was too lucky. – She leaned her side against the locker and stayed like that, just watching as her girlfriend searched for her stuff. – When Sooyoung finally shut her locker's door, she turned to Tiffany with a worried expression on her face. – That made her rose an eyebrow with curiosity.

"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked. Sooyoung rubbed the back of her head shyly.

"I was thinking last night…" she started. "And I wanted to know whether if you wanna keep our relationship a secret."

"Oh…" Tiffany hadn't once thought about that, and the question was quite sudden to her. - She breathed in and stared into Sooyoung's curious eyes. "I'm not quite sure…" They stayed silent for a moment. "Do you?"

"I…actually, I don't know either." Sooyoung admitted, blushing. "Maybe, at least for now, we should keep it a secret."

"Yeah, I guess…" Tiffany said. – Her concerned face then turned into a smirk. "Do I sense sneaking around plans?" Sooyoung smirked as well.

"Maybe…" she said. "Ha, what's secret is more fun."

"I like how you think."

One thing that didn't let the girl's mind clear was the fact that Kris was avoiding both of them. Every time they ran into him he would just send them a hurt look and walk away. Tiffany was feeling extremely selfish…The last thing she'd wanted to do was to hurt Kris. But she couldn't stop that from happening. She was afraid of having permanently lost her brother's friendship. – And she feared she wouldn't be able to deal with it…even with Sooyoung there to help her.

Soojin quickly noticed something was not right with them; and it worried her. She needed to help them solve this. - She cared too much about Sooyoung to let her get any more hurt. So later that day, she called her younger sister to her office.

"Hey, Soojin." Sooyoung greeted her as she entered her older sister's office. The latter sent her a serious look as she took a seat in front of her.

"Sooyoung." Soojin's face was serious, but her eyes showed concern as she spoke. "I've noticed something's going on with you, Tiffany and Kris." Sooyoung started feeling uncomfortable. – She moved nervously on her seat. "I want to know what it is." The brunette didn't speak. "Sooyoung, the whole weekend you were completely out of it, you didn't even speak to me."

"A lot of things happened…"Sooyoung sighed.

"Like what, for example?" Soojin asked. - She tried not to sound angry, because she knew too well that she needed to deal with Sooyoung smoothly, so she kept her voice tone stable. Her little sister rubbed her right hand shyly.

"Me and Tiffany…um…" she started. Soojin's blue eyes got curious. "We're…um…together."

"Oh…" Soojin wasn't so surprised at that news. She had seen the way the two young girls looked at each other whenever they met at the hallway.

"Thing is: Kris…well, he…" Sooyoung sighed deeply. "He didn't take it so well."

"But how exactly did you tell him?" Soojin asked. She noticed her sister's cheeks turned a deep shade of red at that question.

"I didn't actually…err…tell him." Sooyoung's tone was a shy whisper. Soojin raised an eyebrow.

"Then how…?"

"He kinda…uh…caught us…making out." Sooyoung felt her cheeks burning with embarrassment. Soojin sighed in frustration.

"Gosh, Sooyoung…" she said. She could even imagine how hurt Kris was when that happened. "No wonder he's avoiding you two like that." Sooyoung looked down. Soojin was right…it was all her fault. She should have told him before all that mess happened. "You should really talk to him. Explain how you're feeling…say that you're sorry that he had to find out that way." Sooyoung looked up at her again, blue eyes locking with blue eyes.

"Are you saying that as the guidance counselor…or my sister?" She asked.

"Both." Soojin's tone had now turned serious. And Sooyoung knew her older sister was right. She couldn't let things like they were…she needed to fix everything up…and she needed to do it now.