The Fated Encounter

A Mixed Romance

"Ah, what a troublesome day..." Hikaru sighed, casually strolling up the dark Tokyo street. The amount of paperwork was building up at the office, and for now he just needed an escape from it all. The moonlight shone brightly, making up for the lack of streetlights. For a busy city, this particular section was eerily quiet, not that Hikaru minded.

"Hoi. Stop right there," a low female voice grunted. He turned his head, only to be face to face with an angry-faced woman wearing a surgeon mask. She wasn't alone either. In her hand was a crowbar, while her accomplice stretched out a rusting chain. Eyes wide, Hikaru took a step back. "What do you think you're doing in our territory? Don't you know there's a fee if you want to pass by?"

His eyes narrowed, "I don't recall this part of town being owned by anyone but the government." Even with her mask hiding , he could tell she was grinding her teeth in irritation.

"USSE NA! You're going to wish you never said those words to me," she hissed, bringing the crowbar above the head. She swung it down, only for HIkaru to deflect it with his arm, knocking it from her hands and onto the street. Shocked, she backed up as her partner came at him with the chain.

"You're gonna get it now you bast--" the girl began. As Hikaru prepared to defend himself, a long piece of metal in the shape of a very thorny rose pierced the air between them, sticking into the asphalt. She stopped, her breathing slowing down as her head turned upwards to the roof of the building beside them.

"What the..." Hikaru stared at the rose, then followed her gaze. A shadowy figure stood there, their long robe billowing in the light breeze.

"What do you two think you're doing?" another woman's voice spoke. Her tone was icy, and spine-chilling. The two girls froze in their place, not daring to utter a word as the woman leapt from the roof. Hikaru's eyes widened, "YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

He gazed at her in amazement as she made a perfect landing in front of him, turning towards the girls. "You two are the only ones who didn't show up to my mandatory meeting. I thought you had better things to do, but heckling a random person? You know we don't do those kinds of things. Get your asses back to base before I beat you here and now."

The girls bowed silently before retreating. As they disappeared from sight, the woman's head turned slightly to her shoulder. "Are you alright? They didn't do anything stupid did they?"

It took a moment for Hikaru to realize she was speaking to him, and he grunted in agreement, rubbing his arm, "Hai, I'm fine..." She smirked and gave a chuckle. "If you say so. In that case, I'll take my leave then." And with that, she began walking down the road.

"T-Thank you. For what you did...even though I didn't need saving, thank you," Hikaru called out to her. The woman simply just waved her arm, not looking back. This time it was he who smirked, what a strange woman.

----

A/N I'm sorry it's so short TT but I hope you guys like it ; ~ ;