When You Walk Away

A Mixed Romance

 

   The rest of the week almost felt as chaotic as the first day. The scripts had arrived quickly, and by Friday they were called to the studio for a run-through of the script.

   “Alright, if everyone could quiet down. Let's do a few quick introductions first. Just state your name and your role,” the PD announced, turning to his left side where Reina sat. She stood up and smiled at the others around the table.

   “Hajimemae. Watashi wa, Morning Musume no Tanaka Reina desu. Dozou yoroshiku onegaishimasu! I'll be playing the lead female role of Souma Kazuka, ” she grinned as she introduced herself, bowing low before everyone. Reina sat back down as Jonghyun rose.

   “Ahh...Hajimemae. Watashi wa, eto, SHINee no Kim Jonghyun desu. Dozou yoroshiku onegaishimasu! I'm new to acting, but I hope to do well as the lead male role of Kimura Hikaru,” he gave a nervous smile, and resumed his seat.

   One by one, other supporting characters introduced themselves, an empty chair appearing after the woman playing Hikaru's mother. The producer grit his teeth. “Where is she?” he barked.

   “Who do you think that person is? The one missing,” Reina whispered to Jonghyun. He shook his head.

   “Like I would know,” he hissed back. She gave him a surprised look. The PD announced that they'd begin the script reading, with or without the missing cast member.

 

   “What are you doing? Try all you want, you can't change who I am. What exactly is the point?” Reina read, doing her best to add a somber emotion to it.

   “You're right, I can't change you by myself. You actually have to try and change yourself first. Do you really want to live the rest of your life fighting worthless battles, over the most trivial things?” Jonghyun's character protested.

   “It's just—” she was cut off as the door suddenly swung open. A beautiful Korean woman rushed in. From the corner of her eye, Reina saw Jonghyun's eyes widen and his mouth gape as he whispered to himself, “Se Kyung...” Her eyes widened as well, so this was his girlfriend.

   “I'm extremely sorry for being this late. My flight was delayed and the traffic from the airport to here was horrible. I promise, this won't happen again,” Shin Se Kyung apologized, repeatedly bowing deeply to the PD and other staff members.

   “Just don't let it happen again, or I'll immediately recast you,” the PD warned. She nodded, and took her seat. “Alright, we'll skip back to Scene 19, where the woman that Hikaru's betrothed to, that's you Se Kyung, appears. And, go.”

   “So, you're that girl my Hikaru's been dirtying his hands with,” Se Kyung's voice instantly became cold, as she stared at Reina.

   “Your Hikaru? I'm pretty sure he's not a pet for you to carry around in that tiny purse. Just who are you anyway?” Kazuka questioned.

   “Eh? You didn't know? That the man you've been spending your free time with lately is the heir to Japan's most prominent business family?” Se Kyung laughed. “Then again, I suppose it's to be expected. You're a yankii right? It's not like you actually go to school and bother to learn proper etiquette.” She gave an evil grin that put goosebumps on Reina's arms.

   “Yah, d-do you know who you're talking to?!” Kazuka's voice stuttered. She put her hand to . Why was she suddenly stuttering? Reina knew she'd get scolded, since technically this wasn't in the script. She looked up to see Se Kyung's eyebrow arch, and Jonghyun sitting back in his seat, shocked

   “I do. I'm talking to a girl with no class that needs to learn her place and stop bothering my Hikaru with her pointless problems. I'm glad we had this talk. It was nice meeting you. By the way, my name is Mariko. Akimoto Mariko. Daughter of the leading Akimoto law firm,” Mariko grinned again.

   “And end scene! That was a nice run-through, you really are a professional Se Kyung. Tanaka-san, I also liked that little stutter you did, keep up the good work,” the PD praised. “I think we're done for the day. We'll pick things back up tomorrow.”

   With that, the cast was dismissed and everyone headed out. Reina tried to get out of the building as quickly as possible, but was pulled over by Se Kyung.

   “It was great rehearsing with you Tanaka-san! Is it alright if I call you Reina-chan?” she smiled. Reina returned it and weakly nodded. “Great! I hope we can become good friends~”

   “I hope so too,” Reina hastily replied. “Ah, I have another schedule to tend to, I'll see you tomorrow ne?” She turned around and continued towards the door.

   “Oh, wait Reina-chan!” Se Kyung called out. “I meant everything Mariko said.” Her voice's tone had turned serious. Reina gave a look of confusion, but gulped and continued to walk on.

   “Reina-chan!” Jonghyun's voice called out as she went out the door. She bit her lip and gave an annoyed expression.

   “Nani yo?” she asked irritably.

   “Just wanted to know if you wanted to grab some yakiniku with me,” he offered. Well, she did love yakiniku as much as anything other food product, but Reina could see Se Kyung's menacing glare and could hear her warning echo.

   “Sorry, I've got practice. Maybe later,” she shook him off, then made her final exit.

--------------------

AIGOO. I'm so sorry that this is such a late update! Don't worry, I haven't forgotten or lost interest yet! I'm just...lazy "XD Thank you for patiently waiting this long! I also apologize for it being short. I know I promised a better chapter, and I do think this is much better than the last ^^; I just wanted to get an update out quickly.