A Way To Forget

Voicemail

~Haewoo's POV~

How long has it been since we broke up? A week? A month maybe? I don't remember...

Ever since then, I haven't seen him. I don't had a good reason to.

I've even stopped giving Woojin lessons with because I know he would be there. I still haven't told Woojin what happened, so I just told him I needed to study.

Maybe that was a mistake.

Now all I do is study. 

I would have been stuck at the library everyday if it wasn't for Akimi and Youngjae. They helped me through this a lot. Akimi would have to drag me to karaoke and Youngjae would just pop by my house to play some of the new games he bought.

Other than those two, life really .

It wasn't supposed to be this way... No one told me that break ups would be like this.... 

 

I need a way to forget.....

**********************************************

Akimi picked me up from my house and took me to the mall. "Are you sure you aren't ready yet?" she asked. "There are a bunch of cute guys around here." Glancing at a few flower boys as they walked by.

"We talked about this. I don't even know if I should start dating anyone if I still love that guy." That guy referring to Zelo

"Well you need to start forgetting that guy." she pouted, "I can't talk to boys because of you..."

"No one's stopping you. Go ahead." I said, checking out some shirts on the rack.

"But, then I'd feel bad! How can I find a guy when my best friend just lost hers?" sighing Akimi tried on a jacket. "It looks good" I mention, "And you don't have to worry about me. I just need some time to forget...."

"Maybe time isn't enough..." she glanced at the blouse I picked out. "That looks cute. How much?" "7000 won. Do you like it?" I asked. "Yeah, it looks pretty," my friend nodded in approval "Anyway, as I was saying, maybe time isn't enough. Maybe you need a change in location."

"And how would I get that?" I asked now taking out money to pay for my new blouse. "A transfer student program."

"Transfer program?" I asked "Yeah, only until the next school year. We could apply together. It would be fun!" "I don't know... I really don't want to leave home...." Now out of the store, the two of us sat at the food court and continued our conversation.

"Haewoo, at least think about it. This whole situation is killing you. I bet you 10,000 won that Youngjae-oppa would agree with me." Sighing, I gave in. "I'll talk to my parents about it. But I haven't decided anything yet!"

**********************************************

When I mentioned it to my parents, the first thing they asked was if it was Akimi's idea.

Apparently, she told her parents first, then her parents told mine. According to them, as long as we go together it would be okay with them.

Great. Now I didn't have an excuse....

I really didn't want to go.

I couldn't decide. So I called for Youngjae for a guy's point of view....

**********************************************

Youngjae came knocking on my door about 10 minutes after I called. "That was fast." I softly stated, "I was already on my way. I just wanted to buy some food first." He said smiling, lifting up his bag of chips. "So what game should we play today?"

"Starcraft. It's been awhile since I've played it..."  Nodding, Youngjae took out his laptop and set it up next to my computer

I sighed, "Oppa, Akimi asked if I wanted to join a transfer student program with her."

"Yeah, she told me about that." He opened the chips and offered me some. "Really? Who hasn't that girl told...." I sighed.

"Haewoo-ah, I think you should go. Akimi was right, this whole mess with Zelo is killing you. You aren't the same anymore. Maybe a change in scenery is what you need."

**********************************************

So it's two against one.... Have I really changed that much?

After Youngjae left, I decided to do some research on some of those places Akimi told me about. I have to admit, going to Paris or Tokyo sounds fun. And if I didn't want to stay for the year, they had programs that lasted for a month....

I guess it would be a good experience.

But, I really don't want to leave home, even for a month!

Everyone else would jump at for a chance like this. I probably would have too.

Do you think it's strange that the main reason I don't want to leave is because I still believe that the promise that guy made will still be kept?

Maybe so, because that's the excuse I told Akimi

**********************************************

"Are you serious?" She looked at me like I was crazy. "You need to get over this guy! That guy was a complete jerk to you, even though I thought he wasn't the type. Haewoo, now I'm making you come with me." Akimi took her phone out and sent a short text.

"What was that?" I asked my voice filled with worry. "An email telling Youngjae to complete and send your application for the study abroad program." She put her phone in her pocket. "Don't worry, I sent mine in too."

"Akimi!!!" I should have known. This was their plan all along.....

"Don't worry, your parents already gave their permission as long as I'm there." she smiled, trying deflect the glares I was giving her.

"How did you even get my information?" I half yelled. "It wasn't hard, I mean, we've known each other for most of our lives..."

"And you still had to risk that for this?" Really, I had said no. Why wouldn't she listen?

**********************************************

Where was that friend who listened to my cry after I saw that guy kiss another girl? Wait, that wasn't Akimi.

It was Youngjae

Actually, I take that back. Youngjae helped Akimi too....

I thought about going over to Youngjae's practice to yell at him or something, but I'm too nice of a person. 

(Plus, that guy would be there so...)

Instead I called their new dorm phone.

**********************************************

The second I heard the beep telling me it was time to record a voicemessage, I screamed.

"Youngjae-oppa! How could you!"

I knew that no one was listening since they were all at practice, so I kept going.

"Akimi told you to send that application in right? You better hope I don't get accepted!" I went on and on about how why I didn't want to leave and why I don't need a change like this to forget.

"And another thing! If Zelo is listening to this, I hope you tell him that he's a jerk for not at least apologizing!!!" I think I might have snapped at that point. So I quickly said sorry for my freak out moment and hung up.

Just then, 'You got me crash and burn~" My phone buzzed with an Kakao notification.

It was from an unknown number, but it said, "Sorry..."

"Sorry?" I thought about it for a minute. "Could it be him?" Thinking it was just Youngjae using his hyung's iPad or something.

'You got me crash and burn~' my phone rang again.

'Haewoo-ah, let's meet." I quickly replied, "Okay, at the usual place?"

**********************************************

Maybe I should have asked who it was first....

Because it wasn't Youngjae who I met.

It was Zelo.

Choi Junhong was sitting at the exact same table where I sat waiting for him the day we broke up. I wanted to run out the door, I even turned in that direction.

But something stopped me.

Those stupid feelings I had maybe?

Whatever it was, I had to talk to him now too.

There were some things that were left unsaid.

**********************************************

He sat there, scanning the room to see where I was. When he saw me, I saw him stand up and bow deeply. Following that, I saw him get down on his knees and bowed again.

"Get up Zelo, people are watching." I pulled up a chair and sat down with my arms and legs crossed defensively. "Y-you look good Haewoo. " he stuttered while also pulling up a chair, clearly nervous.

"Zelo, just tell me what you're doing here. I thought I was meeting Youngjae-oppa."

"He's at practice with the others."

"Then, why aren't you at practice?" I asked slightly worried. This guy never misses practice. 

Never.

So if he was here or if he was at the dorm by himself while everyone was at the company practice rooms, there must be something wrong....

"Ah, I was just sick. Manager Kang told me to take the day off to rest." he sracthed his head kind of cutely. I shook my head trying to shake off that thought. "Then shouldn't you be resting in bed? Let's just get this over with quickly and tell me why you wanted to meet me."

The blond boy sighed, "Haewoo, I just wanted to say I'm sorry... You met with that girl right?"

"Nani?" Otherwise known as the nicest girl I've ever met, but the same girl who my boyfriend cheated on... "Yeah, she told me that you had tea together, but you didn't say anything about us. The same goes for you brother and Manager Kang." So he wanted to know why....

"It was too much of a bother." I tried to look away so he couldn't call my bluff.

"Don't lie, I read the letter."

Crap.... I thought he wouldn't have even opened it... At least, my feelings got to him somehow...

"You love me still don't you?" he smiled sadly. Not waiting for a reply, Zelo continued, "But that's not what I wanted to say. I want to say I'm sorry for hurting you."

"And you waited this long to say that!?" I snapped back. "I'm sorry." he bowed his head again. "Nani told me that I didn't understand love. I was confused, I thought I did. Then reading your letter changed my mind. Why were you willing to leave me?"

Did he really have to ask?

I just sighed and shook my head. "It was because I love you! But you didn't feel the same. When I asked you if you still liked me, I decided to leave you. I didn't want to hold you back and make you miserable. It's like G.NA's I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better...."

He looked confused, even after what I just told him. Nani was right. He didn't understand love yet.

If he didn't understand, then there's no point in me staying.

I got up, said 'Goodbye' and left. Well, tried to at least. Before I took three steps away, Zelo grabbed my arm and asked one final question. "When did you realize you loved me?"

"The day I told you I liked you back."

**********************************************

How could Zelo read my letter and still not understand?

I'm never going to admit it out loud, but I wanted to know why he chose someone else.

Now I do.

He didn't love me.

He didn't even know what love was yet and that hurts even more.

What if I'm not the one? Would everything become meaningless?

I thought that if I heard him say sorry or even just seeing him would help me feel better. 

But it didn't.

**********************************************

"Akimi?" I called my friend soon after the meeting with Zelo. "When do we leave?" I asked "Next week." she paused for a moment. "Haewoo, are you crying?" I dried my eyes and lied.

"No."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

~Zelo's POV~

I made a mistake. Now she's gone. I tried asking Youngjae but he wouldn't say anything.

Now all I can do is change into a better man. I will change those memories... And I will keep my promise....

 

~Haewoo's POV~

 

I felt homesick, so I listened to some Kpop. Then when I listened to Voicemail and couldn't stop laughing

How ironic, you sing of a girl breaking your heart but I'm the one whose "memories have turned dirty"

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Yay! 6th chapter is out! But that means the next chapter is going to be the last!!! >O<

To all my readers, thanks for reading and commenting. :)

Comment below what you favorite scene was, who is your favorite character, what I need improving on, etc.

Oh, and I know that some parts are kind of thrown in, but they have a purpose

 

PS How many song references can you find? :P