Ironic Voicemail

Voicemail

~Zelo's POV~

It's been about a week since I met up with Haewoo.

I haven't heard from her since.

Was it something I said? I tried to find out what happened to her, but no one would tell me anything.

Youngjae refused to tell me saying that this was in her best interest. Manager Kang didn't know anything. And Akimi seemed to be out of town.

I didn't get any answers. So I finally decided to go to her house.

**************************************************

I sighed and knocked on her door. "Zelo?" Woojin opened the door. "What are you doing here?" he asked frowning. "Is Haewoo here?" My friend stepped out of the door and closed the door behind him. "No, she isn't."

From the way he looked at me, I could tell he found out. Woojin told me to follow him outside. "What happened?" he asked. "Haewoo told me you guys broke up. Why?"

"She still hasn't told you?" I muttered.

"Told me what?" his voice grew louder. 

"I kind of had a thing going on with a noona..." "So you guys kissed?" I shrugged, "More or less."

He grabbed me and raised his fist.

That seems to be something that happens a lot this month. First Youngjae and now Woojin

Woojin yelled, "It was more wasn't it?!"

"Look! I stopped liking her a long time ago! I just couldn't break up with her!" I shouted back, "I didn't want to hurt her!" Suddenly, Woojin punched me. "So you decided to go behind her back and lie so you wouldn't hurt her?!?"

"What the heck was that for?! Why are you so mad at me?!?" "I'm mad because Haewoo isn't!!!" He pushed me away so hard I fell to the ground. "If I was her, I would be so pissed off right now. But instead, she came home worried that you might be have gotten a cold, so she made some soup to help you feel better."

I remembered that Youngjae came back home with a bag of soup for me about three weeks ago. Was that from Haewoo? I thought...? 

Seeing my shocked expression, Woojin began to calm down. "Sorry I punched you Zelo. I guess I got worked up." he sighed and helped me back up. "I can't tell you where Haewoo is, but she really isn't here. Youngjae and Akimi told me not to say anything."

We both were standing against the wall now, somehow we had calmed down. "You didn't have to hit me. I said sorry you know... That's why we met up last week...." Laughing softly, Woojin playfully punched me on the arm."Dude, what did you sorry for?"

"For treating her badly?" I guessed, Wasn't that the reason why Haewoo was so sad?

"I knew you were clueless, I guess that's a perk of having a sister, you get to understand girls a little more. I bet you even asked her why she was willing to leave you huh?"

How'd he know? "Just tell me!" I shouted

He shook his head, "Think about from her point of view and figure it out. Maybe the next time you guys meet, you can properly apologize."

**************************************************

I don't have a sister and I'm not close to any of my female cousins, so I guess Woojin did understand girls a lot better than me.

I wonder what Haewoo was really sad about....

I remember that she was frustrated with me after I asked why she was willing to leave. She told me that it was in the letter, but I've read it a countless number of times. I couldn't find anything.

I asked the other members for there oppinion. But they weren't very helpful....

Maybe I was being desperate, I thought that the best way to find out the why was to ask a girl herself.

Akimi was out of town and Himchan's noona told me to figure it out for myself, so I was left with Nani.

**************************************************

Nani-noona was surprised when I knocked at her door at the company training center. "Zelo? What are you doing here?" "Sorry I know that we agreed to give each other some space, but I need some advice." I sighed. "No, it's fine." She waved me to come over. "What do you want to talk about?"

"A friend of mine's sister got cheated on. She really loved this guy, but he treated her badly...."  I felt my voice slowly begin to fade as I explained my story.... Nani didn't know that I had a girlfriend when we were together, so I talked about Haewoo as Woojin's sister.

"But when her boyfriend said sorry, it was for the wrong thing..."

"And you want to know what the guy should have said?" I nodded. Nani smiled and took a sip of water, "So, can you help me out?"

"I'm surprised that you would even asked me for advice. You kept insisting that you already knew what love was."

I shrugged, "Noona just answer the question. Wouldn't the girl be mad that the guy cheated on her? I mean, she loved him, but he didn't treat her well. If a guy should say sorry, it should be for that right?"

Nani shook her head, "Zelo, if you were a girl and the person you loved left you for someone else, wouldn't you be sad?"

"I guess so..." 

"You would begin to think that you weren't enough for that person, no matter how much you did."

I remembered how Youngjae told me that Haewoo remembered how I was looking for my Nikes once.

"As a girl, I would feel like I wasted my love on a person who didn't return it. For that, the guy should apologize...."

Okay that's one question kind of answered...

"According to Woojin, his sister wrote a letter telling him it was okay for him to break up with her if he wanted to. This was before she caught him, but why would she want to leave him?"

"Because if you love someone, you should never let them go... That's what you were thinking right?" I nodded.

"When you realize that the other person isn't happy being with together,  you want to try your best to hold on to them right? I bet she tried but the guy didn't even notice, so she chose to let him live better." Nani sighed, "It's a lot like my first love..... I feel bad for Woojin's sister...."

Hearing that made me think back on everything. Every time I thought of Haewoo, I remembered that she would always try to make me smile.... 

"Zelo-yah? Are you okay?" I nodded, "Yeah... I think I understand now noona... Thanks..."

**************************************************

I think I'm beginning to understand now...

I made a mistake not seeing how much Haewoo tried in the end. I should have given her a chance.

Now she's gone.

I tried asking Youngjae again, begging him to tell me something about Haewoo's whereabouts, but he wouldn't say anything.

He has a reason to be distrustful, I'm glad that's watching over Haewoo so well..

Now all I can do is work to change.

Haewoo-yah, the next time we meet, I'll be a better man.

 

**************************************************

~Haewoo's POV~

It's been about two weeks since I left Korea with Akimi for our study abroad program. Three weeks since meeting with Zelo...

We chose to go to Hong Kong because we both had distant relatives living there. But since our program was hosted at a university where we would go to class, we had to stay with the other foreign exchange students.

School was taught in Chinese, which made it a little hard to study. When we weren't at school, we went to cultural activities and field trips. Sometimes, we would stay with a host family, which in our case would be our actual family.

We became close friends with a lot of other people too, it was weird because I never expected to be so close to foreigners who were all different ages. And we had a little communication issue since most of the other exchange students came from America or European countries, so they spoke English.. 

Not that is was a problem for me, I actually have an American friends back home, so my English is pretty good. It was more of an issue for Akimi.

But the point is, the last two weeks have been amazing and eventful.

According to Akimi, I've become a lot like my old self again. I guess the two of them were right. The last month had really drained me, but I guess now that I've been so busy with my new life, I've been able to forget that guy.  Oops, I mean, Zelo.

**************************************************

It was lunch time and a bunch of the foreign students were sitting together, tyring to find out more about each other. "Hey," one American girl looked at me and Akimi, "You guys are from Korea right?" We nodded. The girl squealed. "I love Korea! I love the culture, Kpop, K-dramas, I even love kimchi!" "Ahh, that's really cool." I smiled. It was strange to hear someone else freak out about my culture, but then asked, "So do you have any questions about Korea?"

She nodded, "Well, actually it's more for everyone. Which is your favorite Kpop group?" Some said Super Junior and SNSD. others said 2NE1 and Big Bang. But I was surprised to hear that almost all of them were a fan of B.A.P and those who weren't quickly did.

Even the boys in our group liked listening to B.A.P.

"I love Zelo!" One girl announced. Akimi and I turned to each other and silently agreed not to say anything. Other girls piped in and told us their bias. "Yongguk is the best rapper I've ever heard!" "I can't believe Jongup is only 17!" "Himchan is so pretty!" "Daehyun's voice is amazing!" "Youngjae's voice is amazing too!"

We kept a tally of who the most popular member was in our group.

Zelo got the most.

"He's around our age you know!" The American girl from before shouted. "He's so cute and innocence!" "His rapping and dancing are amazing too!" A few of the girls now launched a whole conversation about how perfect Zelo was.

Great. Just what I needed. Another con

"Hey, Haewoo. You never told us who you're favorite member was." A French girl noticed. "I thought I said liked everyone?" I asked a little confused. "Yeah, but you can't say you don't have one member that stands out the most." She said playfully. 

I was speechless. I mean sure, I could say it was Zelo. He was my boyfriend. 

Was my boyfriend.

I came here to forget him and I knew that by saying I liked him, all my new friends would come to me telling me every little thing they could find. That would kind of defeat the purpose of coming here.... So I chose, "Youngjae."

Lunch ended a little later and on our way to class Akimi poked at me. "I didn't know you liked Youngjae-oppa." My friend joked, "Yah! It's not like that!" I played along, acting defensive. "But, Haewoo-yah, I'm glad that you didn't choose that guy." She smiled while throwing her arm around my shoulder, "See, I knew this was a good idea!"

**************************************************

The rest of the week, girls came up to me talking about new things they found out about Youngjae.

See? I knew that would happen.

But, I already knew Youngjae personally, so it didn't effect me very much. Still, I had to keep the fact we were friends secret, so I had to act like I cared about Youngjae's now blond again hair.

Actually, I take that back. I did care.

Ever since I came here, I haven't had a chance to call or email Youngjae. I know we haven't been friends for more than a year, but we somehow became really close. Akimi even made fun of us because Youngjae spent more time with me than she did.

The point is though, I really missed Youngjae...

Yet, thanks to Akimi, there was no time to miss anyone. When we weren't busy with our classes or whatever cultural activity we had, Akimi, along with our new friends, would take me shopping with them. My style completely changed. I was no longer the nerdy gamer girl, I mean I still was on the inside, but my new friends changed me into this more feminine version of myself, and I really like this new me.

I wonder what he would think? Would he hate it or like it? I mean, Zelo never seemed to like all the extra frills on me.... But than again, he didn't really like me that much in the end anyway so....

Akimi would kill me if she ever found out I still think like that....

Anyway, when I felt homesick, I listened to some Kpop. I shouldn't have listened to B.A.P. but their music is just so good! Warrior is epic. Power and No Mercy were awesome. Crash? Don't even get me started on how addicting it is!

Then, I started listening to the other songs on B.A.P's albums. When I heard Voicemail and I couldn't stop laughing. I know that Yongguk-oppa wrote and produced that all by himself, so good for him. But Zelo's rap...

Ironic, you sing of a girl breaking your heart but I'm the one whose "memories have turned dirty"

**************************************************

~Zelo's POV~

Manager Kang told us that we were nominated for Best New Male Artist for MAMA (Mnet Asian Music Awards)

EXO-K was leading right now, but we were a close 2nd. Either way, I heard we get to go to Hong Kong for it!

Everyone was excited for it, except for Youngjae...

Okay, I knew that something was wrong. Even being nominated is big deal and going to Hong Kong sounds fun, so why would Youngjae look so... worried?

**************************************************

"Yah, Hyung!" I ran over to Youngjae after everyone went back to doing whatever they normally do. "Why did you look so worried?" He looked shocked, "Since when did you care so much Zelo?"

I shruged, "I promised I'll be a better guy for Haewoo. But seriously. Is there something wrong?"

Youngjae looked at me like I was crazy, but then finally told me, "Nothing. Nothing's wrong... And I can't believe your doing that.... I thought you didn't like her anymore?"

"I really don't know anymore, but I should try to be a nicer guy right?" I smiled. Looks like all my effort was finally noticed.

**************************************************

MAMA wasn't until November 20th, so we had plenty of time for our comeback.

For some reason, TS Ent. decided to make everyone blond again, but that seemed to work pretty well. Our comeback was pretty successful and our first meeting for our official fan club went great.

But November came faster than we thought and now, the day came to find out who would win. EXO-K or B.A.P

We left for Hong Kong a few days before the show, and when we landed, we were greeted by a lot of fans. Surprisingly, there were more foreign fans than I thought. They even followed us to the hotel!

Our Manager told us we had the rest of today to ourselves since our schedule wasn't until tomorrow. The others went to sleep, but Youngjae seemed to have planned something...

**************************************************

"Hyung, are you going somewhere?" I asked after I saw him grab his hat and a small messenger bag. "Not really, I just want to explore a bit." "Can I come? I don't want to be bored!" Youngjae looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head. "You should just get some rest."

"But hyung!" I whinned, I knew that he was definitely hiding something... "Choi Junhong, I said no! Just get some sleep or practice some rap. Tell the others I'll be back before dinner."

I waited about 1 minute after Youngjae left before I started following him. Since there were so many fans waiting in the lobby, I changed from my earlier outfit into some more comfortable clothes. I wore an oversized grey hoodie and sweats to match. Then I grabbed my hat to hide my blond hair, borrowed one of the hyung's fake glasses, and put my mask on. Before I left, I looked in the mirror to see if I was recognizable. Other than my earrings, which I took off, I looked like any normal guy in Hong Kong.

I knew that he would take the elevator, so I took the stairs instead. But to slow him down, every few floors, I would press all of the down buttons so the elevator would have to stop for no reason.

And it worked. 

I beat Youngjae to the lobby by a minute. At first I couldn't find him. Until I saw my mask.

Wait, my mask?

What was Youngjae doing with my mask?! At least now I had a way to find him.....

Carefully, I followed him out of the hotel and away from the crowd of fans outside. When we found ourselves on a much emptier and quieter street, Youngjae took his mask off and pulled out his cell phone.

Wait, what was he doing with his cell phone?

Something is definitely up... 

Still following him, I realized that he was going to meet up with someone. I didn't have to wait long to find out who. Outside of a small bakery, I saw Youngjae hyung wait for a minute before waving to a girl.

Akimi? I guess this was where she went out of town too...

After I waited for a minute before following them in. I took a seat in a booth behind them so I could overhear their conversation without being seen.

"I can't believe you managed to get away from all those fans." Akimi ordered something in Chinese and continued, "But, I'm glad you were able to make it." "I'm glad to, I haven't talked to you guys in a month! But... Where's...?" "Ahh, a boy from our class asked her for some help with homework, so she stayed behind. Don't worry, she should be here soon." "At least she's willing to talk to guys again."

They must be talking about Haewoo. So this is where she went....

"Youngjae-oppa, I've been meaning to ask you something...." "Yeah, go on. It can't be that weird right?" Akimi took a deep breath, "Do you like Haewoo as more than a friend?"

I looked up for a second... What?

"Maybe," he sighed, "I just haven't figured it out yet. Why even bring it up?" Akimi's face grew grim, "I don't think Haewoo will get over that guy. But I know that you two have a special relationship, so I thought you could help her." "I thought she was getting better?" Youngjae hyung looked like he was shock of what Akimi just said. I was too. I just found out my hyung had feelings for my girlfriend...

"She's getting worse. Everytime he's name comes up, her face just lights up before she remembers... Look oppa, I'm not saying you need to do that. But if you like her, maybe you should tell her..." Suddenly, a bell rang, signaling that someone was coming through the front door.

It was Haewoo.

But she looked so different... She wore a frilly blouse with a flower print, a skirt with grey leggings, and a large cardigan. Her hair was up, but not in her usual ponytail. It was actually done for once.... Haewoo had changed. And I felt the same thing I did when I first saw her all over again.

She smiled when she saw Youngjae. "Oppa!" She shouted as she ran to him to greet him with a hug. "Haewoo? You look great!" She began to blush. "Ahh, this? It's all thanks to Akimi and my new friends. They made me go shopping with them..." "But, isn't that the blouse you bought before we left?" Akimi smirked like there was something we didn't know.

I stopped listening to their conversation. Instead, I just looked at Haewoo. She was the same, but there was something about her I couldn't figure out. Would she want to see me? We hadn't left on good terms yet, so I decided on 'No'... Realizing that I was being a creeper, I got up and left. But since I had no idea where to go, I just waited outside for Youngjae to be finished. Maybe about 10 minutes later, the three of them left and I began to follow Youngjae hyung again.

I thought I was doing a pretty good job of being unnoticed until... "Zelo! How long have you been following me?"

Looks like I got caught......

But I can't believe it took him that long!

**************************************************

~Haewoo's POV~

After talking to Youngjae, Akimi started talking to me about what I decided to wear... "What happened to your jeans and sweatshirt? Why are you wearing a blouse you promised not to wear until you started wanting to date again?" I knew from the tone in her voice that she wouldn't give up, so I just answered. "I thought it would be nice to show Youngjae-oppa how much I changed."

"And you couldn't do that with a sweatshirt?" I knew she was just kidding, but I felt like she was implying something.....

**************************************************

Back at the school, everyone was talking about the MAMA awards.

Personally, I had no idea it was in Hong Kong. Other than listening to Kpop, I didn't really pay attention. The only reason I knew was because Youngjae emailed me that he was coming to Hong Kong.

I was excited to be able to see Youngjae in person again, but I had kind of hoped that Zelo was going to be there... Yes, we broke up more than a month ago. But I still wanted to see him. Maybe it was my pride wanting to show off how much better off I am without him. Maybe I just wanted to see him. It's up to you...

In the email Youngjae sent me, he told me he asked for his cell phone back for this trip. So I had this idea... There was something I thought of doing a long time ago, but I didn't have a phone number. I could have called their dorm room phone, but I didn't want the others to hear it...

Before leaving I passed a note to Youngjae telling him of my plan. Hopefully he didn't tell Akimi...

After I avoided some of my friends freaking out over the fact they saw B.A.P at the airport, I snuck into my room and pulled out my phone.

It was time to get something off my chest....

________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I'm having a hard time trying to find the best way to end this without sounding too cheesy... Which is why it took me so long to post this....

And although this was supposed to be the last chapter, I'm going to have to extend it... Again.

Anyway, thanks again for reading! ^^ Don't forget to comment!