Make Me Say I Like You

Voicemail

This was a boy who could choose any girl he wanted. I was just one out of thousands and I didn't even see as anything other than a friend.

Yet he succeeded, and I did say I like you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

We had met through chance. An encounter that never should have happened.

 

"Come on noona!" My brother Woojin was begging me to show him my Starcraft techniques. "Please?" I sighed, I knew that he wouldn't give up so I agreed. "Fine, let's go."

We went downstairs to the Internet Cafe, but I soon sent him to the store across the street to get some snacks for our long lesson. But I wasn't gong to waste my time just waiting. So I logged on to my account and found a player and challenged him to a few founds.

"Someone with such a low rank should know better than to be in this room..." I thought, "But at least this will teach him..."

But I was dead wrong! This guy beat the crap out of me.... But there was no way I would let him get away with something like this.....

"Take that!!!" "Are you kidding me?!?!" My voice mixed with the person sitting at the table next to me. We looked at each other, and then at our screens.

"So you're Matoki96?" I asked. "Yup, so you're Asiangirl1202?" The brown haired boy asked. I nodded. "You put up a good fight. I'm Youngjae." He held his hand out. I took it, "Haewoo. And same goes for you. But why is someone so skilled be such a low rank?"

He laughed, "Ahhh, I've just been very busy, but this isn't my account. I'm just here to help my dongsaeng he asked for some tips." "Weird, me too." I smiled. "But where is he?"

So we found out that we both had sent our dongsaengs to the same store right across the street! Not wanting to waste such coincidence, we began to talk.

"Actually, I'm part of a rookie group." he eventually mentioned. "Really" I asked now even more curious about this amazing guy. "Yeah, I'm the lead singer, and my dongsaeng is the rapper, well one of them." He looked up went a voice called his name. "Ahh, here he is now!" he waved. him over But this new boy wasn't alone, he was with my brother!"

"Noona? Who are you talking to?" he asked in shock. "I should be asking the same thing!" I said almost laughing. I stood up, "Annyeonghaseyo!" I smiled greeting my brother's new friend. "I'm Haewoo."

"Choi Junhong. Nice to meet you." he said with a smile.

 

And that's how we met.

Youngjae and I taught Junhong (or Zelo as he wanted to be called) and Woojin Starcraft and gamer stuff together. My brother and Zelo became best friends while Youngjae and I became rivals. We spent so much time together that we became like family. Maybe they liked us so much was because even though we knew that they were part of one of the most popular rookie groups of the year, we treated them normally. Who knew? All I know was that they were my friends.

How would I know that like this would happen?

 

"Yay!!!" I cheered after beating Youngjae, again. We were back at the Internet Cafe and have been spending alomst all of our free time here. Which may or may not be a good thing.... But oh well you know? ^^

"Noona, why are you so happy? You've beaten him 5 times before this? Don't you get tired of winning?" Zelo asked me. "Zelo-yah, don't call me that" He had spent so much time with Woojin that he even began calling me Noona, even though he was 2 months older than me.

My rival sighed, "You should know by now. Haewoo never gets tired of winning...." Youngjae looked at the time, "Ahhh! We need to go to practice!" He panicked.  "We're late! Yongguk-hyung is going to kill us!"

"Ah, ne hyung!." he looked at my brother, "We need to talk. Do you have time?" Although confused, he nodded, "Yeah, always. I'll walk you out. Noona?" "Yeah go ahead, I'll be going home."

What was Zelo going to talk to my brother about? Must have been important if it couldn't be talked about in front of me. When my brother came home he didn't say anything, and Youngjae didn't email me for awhile. Finally after a few weeks of slience, I got a message, but from....

"Zelo?...." Zelo never emails me, he was more of a 'let's talk in person' kind of guy.

"Hi noona! Oh wait, I mean Haewoo-yah... :)

Are you free today? If you are can you meet me at the usual place? There's something I need to talk to you about. Just email whenever you can for a time."

 

"Something weird is going on....." I thought. But this was only Choi Junhong! It must have something to do with Woojin or Starcraft. So I emailed him and told him I'll be there in an hour. 

After getting ready, I walked to the Internet Cafe and waited. I saw Zelo all dressed up like he had just came straight from rehearsals. In fact he still had his make up on and megaphone with him. He came up breathless and cheeks flushed red, like he had just ran a marathon.

"Haewoo! Have you been waiting long?" I shook my head, "Are you okay? You look so tired! Now what did you call me for?"

He grabbed my hand. "Do you mind if we go out first?" 

"Huh?" Did I hear that right? Go out first?

"Go to out to the street or something I mean...."  He whispered, his eyes looking at the floor.

"Uhh, yeah, sure no problem..." I smiled shyly.  Then he looked up slowly and took my hand before running out into the crowed street.

Is something going on? Zelo has never been like this before.

"Noona, I have to tell you something...." He took a long breath....."I like you a lot!" the pink haired boy yelled through his megaphone.

"Zelo-yah!" I shirked, pulling him away from the crowd now watching us. What was this boy thinking?! What does he mean 'I like you'? I dragged him to a quiet ally where we could talk without people spying on us. "Choi Junhong... I don't believe you..."

"Haewoo, I'm serious. I really like you." He looked into my eyes, trying to get his message to reach me. "I had to ask Woojin if it was okay for me to do this...."

"So that's what that was..." I remembered that moment back when Zelo asked to talk to my brother so seriously.  I snapped back to the present to see that Zelo was still waiting for me to reply.

"Then prove it... and make me fall for you.... Make me say I like you back...." I challenged

"You're on!!!" He smiled, "I'll make you like me before B.A.P.'s promotions are done!"

 

It was a fight until the finish.  Zelo did everything a "perfect" boyfriend would do. He walked me home, picked up food for our gaming lessons, and even opened the door for me.... Yet, I still didn't believe him.

He was already part of a boy group...

This was a boy who could choose any girl he wanted. I was just one out of thousands and I didn't even see as anything other than a friend. 

Maybe that was what kept me away for so long...

But he never gave up. He spent whatever free time he had with me. Soon, there was never a moment spent with him when I wasn't laughing or smiling....

No matter how hard I tried to fight it, eventually I realized that I liked him. Probably more compared to how much he liked me.

 

"Choi Junhong...." I started

 

It had been a few months after his confession. B.A.P had already finished promotions for Power a long time ago, but still, the now blond again Zelo just told me "I'll make you fall for me by the end of the year!"

 

"I mean, Zelo...." Now this time, it was my turn. "I like you...." I said barely over a whisper, It didn't matter, he heard. A smile stretched across his face. His face began to glow with happiness. Before I knew it I was wrapped in his arms, being swung around. 

"I did it! I made you fall for me!!!" When he put me down, he looked at me. "Do you finally understand?" I nodded. "Yeah, I think I do..."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But, now you're growing distant. You don't talk to me anymore. You don't even smile. Am I the one at fault? Am I not enough any more?