Birthday Present [Zelo's Point of View]

Voicemail


~Zelo's POV~

I went to practice next.
Youngjae still avoided me and the hyungs were busy doing their own thing. And Nani told me we needed to spent some time apart. There wasn't anything to look forward to today.
Until Manager Kang came up to me with a blue bag.

********************************

"Here's a present for you from Haewoo-yah." He held out the large bag."She came the day you left and asked me to give it to you on your birthday, but I kind of forgot. Sorry Zelo."

I tried to push it away. "It's fine, can you just put it with all the other gifts?" I asked pointing to the pile of presents fans sent to me.
"Are you sure? It's not just from any other fan. It's from your girlfriend." Manager Kang didn't know about the break up? "Okay, I'll open it now." I went to the dance studio and began to unwrap Haewoo's gift.

Inside the bag was a box and a book. I opened the box to find a pair of Nikes. The exact ones I've been wanting since even before my debut.

"How did she....?" I never told her I wanted them...

I then opened the book to find a scrapbook of places around the world. There was even an English reference page in the back, filled with notes and things I always had trouble with.
As I flipped through the rest of the book, an envelope fell down.

"To Choi Junhong (AKA Zelo)" was written on the front with Haewoo's handwriting.
 

*********************************

At first, I wasn't sure if I should even open it. I mean, it could have been written after our breakup. Who knows what was in there?

But, if Haewoo didn't tell her brother, Nani, or even Manager Kang what happened, chances are there wasn't anything important.

And it did come with a birthday present. It was probably a birthday card. 

Which it was.

No longer worried about the card's content, I opened the card and began to read.

 

**********************************


"To Zelo, I can't believe that we've known each other for almost a year!

When we first met, you we're just a trainee and my brother's friend. I guess you're still Woojin's friend, but now you're part of one of the most popular kpop groups in the world. I know you've been busy, but I'm glad that we were able to meet for your birthday. Even if we couldn't spend it together. So happy 16th birthday Zelo-yah! "

**********************************

I was right, it was just a happy birthday letter. But, inside the envelope was something else, a letter.

"Did you read the card first? Good. I really wanted to wish you a happy birthday. "

Uh oh...

"But I wanted to write down what I'm feeling because I would be too afraid to tell you this in person.
I wanted to tell you...."

Here comes the 'I hate you'

"I wanted to tell you I love you."

"What?!" There was no way... even after everything?

"I know that you stopped liking me a long time ago, but I still love you. And I'm sorry if I made you stay with me or kept you back in any way.

Maybe I was just selfish. For that, I hope you can forgive me. But, because I'm greedy, I don't know if I'll be able to end this myself.

So for your third present, I'm letting you know it's okay if you want to leave me. All I wish is that we end on good terms and that we'll still be able to meet up.

I'm not good at writing letters, so this must sound really silly. But I want us to end in a good note. You may not feel anything for me, but I still love you. I'm glad that the last time you saw me as your girlfriend was like this, smiling in her brand new dress holding the gift she got for your special day. And don't worry,I'll always be your fan no matter what.

Goodbye Zelo. The next time we meet, let's play some video games.

Saranghae,
-Haewoo"

*********************************

I put the letter down. She was going to let me go anyway... That's why she was like that....I didn't understand why she was willing to let me go, but I get why she was so disappointed in me. I wasn't able to do anything she wanted.

"Looks like you got Haewoo's gift...." A voice called from the doorway. "Youngjae-hyung?" The figure nodded. "I half expected you to throw it away. But now that you've read it, do you understand what I meant?"

"Were you the one who told her about the Nikes?" I asked. If he knew what the letter was about, he must have told her how much I wanted those shoes....

"Aniya, Haewoo just told me everything. And from what I understand, you were the one who told her about the shoes, indirectly. She remembered you looking trying to find them online." He sat by me and took the box with the shoes. "Woojin told me that Haewoo went to five different stores across town to get these...." Youngjae sighed.

"I wish you waited to do whatever it is you do after your birthday. Now the last memory of Haewoo you'll have is of her sitting at that table when you told her you cheated."

*********************************

Youngjae left me alone to 'reflect on what I've done' but all I thought about was that it wasn't my fault.

Haewoo admitted it was her fault, so why would it be mine?

Was Nani right about me not  knowing love? Could that be the reason why?

Why did I even like Haewoo in the first place? And why does she still love me after all I did?

I don't get it.

 

After practice and everyone went back to the dorms, I sat on my bed fliping through the book again.

It wasn't just a collection of places B.A.P would visit.

It was me and Haewoo. It was our promise. I said I'd take her to around the world, with America first, but she knew it wasn't going to happen.

I wonder how long it took for her to make this? How long did it take for her to realize that we weren't going to work out? 

I guess that's why she made this book for me, because she knew it would turn out like this one way or the other.

Nani was right, I don't understand love.

At least, not yet....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Haewoo's POV~

How long has it been since we broke up? A week? A month? I don't remember...

I've stopped giving Woojin lessons with Youngjae because I know he'll be there.

All I do now is study. 

Akimi and Youngjae have helped through this a lot.

It wasn't supposed to be this way... No one told me that break ups would be like this....

I need a way to forget.....

"Transfer program?" I asked "Yeah, only until the next school year. We could apply together. It would be fun!" "I don't know... I really don't want to leave home...."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Sorry if this chapter seemed a little, strange? Poorly written? Messy? (Sorry, I'm really tired today)

But I was trying to show that Zelo isn't too much of a jerk (but he still is)

He's just a very confused 16-year-old boy, clueless about love and girls. I hope it came out okay!

And seriously, I want to thank everyone for reading. I never expected so many people to like this!

Thanks! ^^