Staying.

Staying.

All four of us sat in a cirkel around a bole of popcorn. We were playing the game 'secrets'. "My next question  is for Jenn." Jenn sat up straighter and she looked at Hanna. "Have you ever smoked?". Jenn gave Hanna a teasing look. "No. Have you?". Hanna shook her haid. "No way in hell". "But I have." All eyes were on Veronica. "You have?". Charlie's jaw dropped but something about what she said sounded fake. "Oh don't be so suprised Charlie. You've done far worse things." It went quiet. "And what do you mean with that?". "Charlie, Charlie. Don't try to act like your such an innocent girl, you know what I mean." Jenn and Hanna looked at Charlie in a confused way. Jenn dared to ask. "Come on Charlie, were your best friends. What did you do?". "I, I stole a bracelet thats all". Jenn and Hanna believed here. Veronica knew she was lying. Veronica knew what she did. She knew how Charlie desperatly covers it up. "I need to use the bathroom." In just a few seconds Charlie had left the room and stove of to the bathroom. "I need to go to, I'll use the one on the first floor." And so Veronica left. But she didn't head for the bathroom. She walked straight up to Charlie and grabbed her shoulder. "Whats the matter Charles? You can't tell them?". Charlie staired at her feet. "Why can't you tell them ,huh?". "Your just as guilty as I am." Veronica gave Charlie an evil smile. "Don't you see? This is the point where your plan doesn't work out. There's no proof." Charlie looked up but her stare went past Veronica. Veronica turned her head to. There were Jenn and Hanna. Looking scared. "What did you guys do then, kill someone?". Jenn asked carefully. Veronica gave them a forced friendly  and uneasy smile. "No you silly Jenn! Why don't you guys join me in the bedroom. I'll explain everything." As the three of them returned to the room Charlie stayed behind. She knew what Veronica was going to do. If she'd already done it before. She wouldn't hasitate about doing it again.