Special Places, Special People and Special Wishes

Rhythm of Love

 

The way home seemed long and boring when I didn't have anyone to talk to. The girls went together on other way as they live in the same apartment block. I live in the suburbs of the town. When I was little I lived in the same apartment block as Luna and Victoria, but my parents started to dislike the apartment life so they sold the apartment and we moved with my grandmother, the mother of my father.

I love granny! She was the most gentle and loving person living on this earth and she was also very cool! I always told her everything as she is extremely trustful. Even if she's old she knows how to act around us teenagers. Vic calls her the 'cool granny'. It's very funny that she finds her that way, but everyone likes her. You'll love her after just a minute you've talked to her. The thing that I appreciate the most is the fact that she was an author when she was young. When I was just a kid and I couldn't fall asleep she was always telling me stories, but I never found out the end because I was falling asleep before she could finish any story.

It's so good that tonight is a full moon and it lights up the streets.

"So beautiful!" I tell to myself.

I always loved full moons, maybe because I also loved the stories about vampires an werewolves. I think full moons hide something. I find them fascinating, but at the same time I find them scary and mysterious. But I know I don't have nothing to be scared of. Granny told me when I was a kid that when there's a full moon and you make a wish you really want to be fulfilled, it can happen. "Just look at the moon carefully, like when you lose yourself in a boy's eyes, and make the wish, but be careful that your wish is genuinely and that you truly wish that." granny was telling me.

That moment I looked at the moon and I lost myself in the light as I lose myself in Taemin's eyes. I wasn't thinking about anything but my love for him and I was just staying there watching it.

"Moon, you look so special and beautiful tonight! You're as special as my love for Taemin. I don't know if he likes me, but I'll ask you a favor. Friday evening is the Halloween prom and I'll love if I'll go with the guy I like. I'd like to give me a sign that night to show me if he likes me or not. There's something in his eyes that makes me yearn for him more and more. I can say he hypnotizes me when he looks at me with those intense and chocolate-like eyes. I hope that he likes me too so please show me the truth then."

I took my eyes from the moon and hoped that granny was right and that my wish will come true. "When you really believe, things will happen how you wish" I remembered her words and gained some more confidence.

I continued my walk home while looking at the trees from my neighbourdood's park. *Such a beautiful view!* You can't see something like this, and I like to think that magic has something to do with that. Wherever you look you see only orange, yellow and brown leaves covering the aged grass like a blanket. I love this park a lot and I feel like it is my own special place.

My day dreaming ended soon because I looked at my watch and realized that it was almost 10 o'clock. *That's why it was so dark outside...* My parents never gave me a strict hour to arrive home, but I should come back home, so I walked faster.

I crossed the park quickly and I went on my street. I imagined all the houses decorated for Halloween and the kids going with Trick or Treat. During the night of 31st October we were enjoying the magic of Halloween. This was my favorite holiday! I've always liked it. I like to think that that night brings something magic with it.

I finally arrive home and see that all the lights are -like always. At this hour everyone is awake, even my little brother, Taeyeol isn't sleeping, but if it was my decision, he would've been already asleep.

"Good evening granny!" I greet my grandma who was coming out from the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie! How was it out in town?"

"Like usual. Where are mom and dad?"

"In the living room. They're watching a film with Yeollie."

"Ok! I'm not eating anything tonight, Im already full!" I warn my granny.

"Ok, ok! I got it! But you should at least eat a cookie. I just made them today and they are delicious. The little one ate five of them." granny informed me while giggling.

"Fine, I'll take one but after I change!" I say as I am taking my shoes off. When I arrive on the hall I see a vase with flowers my mom probably picked out. My mother is crazy about flowers, She has hundreds of pots with different kinds of flowers and a little garden in front of the house.

I walk to the stairs carefully, as I hear laughs from the living room and I don't want my brother Taeyeol to hear me. *They are probably watching a comedy...*

Taeyeol is my little brother. He's seven years old and is in his first year of school. He's a lovely kid, even if we sometimes fight we are brothers after all and that's what brothers do! What I love about him the most is that when he smiles he has the most adorable dimples ever and I also love his jet black hair that makes his big brown eyes appear even bigger. He will have a lot of girls around him when he'll grow up. Totally different from me, as boys don't like my presence.

I don't even change half of my uniform when someone enters in my room like a storm:

"Why didn't you come to greet me?!"

Of course it was Taeyeol. It would have been the first time he wouldn't hear when I come home.

"I wanted to change my uniform first! Did you miss me that much you couldn't wait to change?" I ask him slightly annoyed of this spoiled kid.

"Yeeeeeeeeeees!" And at that exact moment he starts to make those puppy eyes I couldn't resist.

"Yees?...Did you miss me?"

"Yes."

"Come here!" I say to him and then I start to tickle him.

"Ke ke ke ke ke! Ha ha ha ha! Ri stop! Ha ha ha!"

"I won't let you free!

"Stop! Please! I'm the loser! Peace! If you let...he he he...let me go I'll...he he he...I'll let you change...he he he..." Yeollie says to me while still laughing an making puppy eyes.

"Ok now leave and let me change. Then I'll come to tell you a story."

"But if you tell me stories I'll fall asleep!" he says.

"That's the idea!" I respond to him.

"Kay!" he leaves while scrunching his nose.

I was sure he doesn't want to sleep, but at his age I was already snorring at this hour, so he has to do the same.

I sit on my bed and I start changing again while looking around. My room was now lit by the moon rays that touched the floor through the glass door of my balcony. On the purple walls I have posters with my favorite bands, singers or actors, but also photos with my friends. Only the ceiling and th e wall where the bed is situated are painted blue. Parallel with the bed is my desk on which my laptop stays right now and my dresser and my library full of books are in a corner across the room. There is also my TV. On the floor I had a brown parquet which was covered by an immense purple rug. In the middle of the room there was a little table that had my collection of magazines underneath and two small armchairs surrounding it. Next to my commode there was a big mirror a bit taller than me and of course that somewhere between the door and my desk there was a big flower pot my mom decided to put. I was never good with flowers. The only thing I know is that the orchid was my favorite flower and I can tell which it is. Of course I know other flowers, I can't be that stupid. I'm a nerd after all and I have that 'botanical' garden in my yard.

Ok...Let's come back to reality! I get out of my room and I go to find Yeollie because he surely wasn't in his room.

"Mooom!" I yell.

"Yes! In the living room!" she screams.

I go to the living room to find my mom and dad watching a comedy, probably rented.

"Hey!" I greet.

"Hi! How was school today? my dad asks.

"Like always. Boring and nothing else." I inform him.

"Why did you call me?" Mom curiously asks.

"I wanted to know where Taeyeol is."

"He went to the kitchen." she tells me.

"Thanks!" I say and want to go.

"Aren't you eating anything? Mom stops me from my track.

"Well, I went to Pizza so I'm not hungry and it's also too late." I say and leave.

I go to the kitchen where I'll probably find that little fellow stuffing himself with the cookies grandma made. I enter the kitchen carefully to scare him:

"Boo!"

"Waaah! Why are you always doing this?" Yeollie yells at me.

"Because I like to annoy you! What did grandma bake?"

"Muffins! They're extremely good! I ate a lot of them!"

"Yeah...You ate too many of them and there won't be any for me."

"No! Here's more!" he says and gets a plate from the fridge full of muffins.

"Mmmm! They're so good! Do we have any milk?"

"Ne! Granny warmed a cup of milk for us two."

The best dinner: a cup of warm milk and a muffin. I eat the muffin and drink the milk and then take Yeollie in his room.

His room had all kinds of toys and other things that only he knew. I tuck him in and make his pillow comfortable before I start my story:

"There was once in a time, in a big kingdom a very rich king. Even if he was rich and had everything he wanted, he didn't have a thing, happiness. He was very sad because his wife and his only son died and when he saw that even the poor people were happy with the little things they had, he was getting even more upset. Then one day...." I'm ready to continue with the story but I see that he have already fell asleep. "He really falls asleep fast!" I kiss his forehead and silently leave his room.

"Already sleeping?" my mom asks.

"Yes. Faster than usual. I think that the milk had something to do with this." I say slightly amused.

"Well, I'm going to sleep and you should too. Good night!" my mom tells me and leaves to her room.

I open the door to my room and go to find my pijamas in my closet. Because I wasn't sleepy I take a comfy sweater and my MP3 player and go on the balcony. I put my earbuds on and turn on my music. I start to again look around and think on the rhythm of the music.

I've always loved the view from up here. The moon, the wind that plays with my hair and the flowers' perfume that was coming from beneath they were all complimenting the atmosphere.

'My heart beats like a drum
A guitar string to the strum
A beautiful song should be sung

We may only have tonight
But till the morning sun you're mine all mine

Play the Music low and swing to the rhythm of love'

I love this song. It inspires me and I also love the lyrics, especially because it reminds me of taemin. I dream too much at a  guy that won't ever look at me. It would be so good if he felt the same way as me. *Why did I have to fall in love!?* I get angry and I start kicking my feet, but I come to normal as fast as I got angry. 

I get up and go to my room. I put my sweater on a chair and go straight to my bed full of pillows and plushies. I place my head on the pillow hoping that I'll fall asleep, but I can't because I keep thinking about him.

"Mmmmm! Why can't I fall asleep once without so many tries to forget him!" I scream as to myself.

 

'Magically' I finally fall asleep passing in the dream land.

 

'It's so quiet in here, and the sun rays fall softly on my face. It's warm and beautiful. There are butterflies everywhere on the hill full of flowers. *So special!* I thought to myself and went further hoping to find something, or someone. Without realizing, someone comes to my back and taps my shoulder. When I turn around I see Taemin. Suddenly the day transforms into night and the hill transforms into a ball room and we where the only people there. My pijamas transform into a long beautiful dress and Taemin was already dressed for a special occasion. He invites me to dance and we keep dancing and dancing...'