Look Only at Me

Rhythm of Love

 

"Why aren't you ready?" mom yells from downstairs at me.

"A minute...I'm coming!" I also yell.

"Hurry up! Mrs. Lee is already here and she is waiting for us!" 

*Why is she always making me hurry? She knows that I can't take this shoes on so easy....* Mom and I are going to that event her company organizes and because dad isn't home right now and he left with the car we have to go there with one of her colleagues, Mrs. Lee Hyemi. I finally get those shoes on and I go downstairs, but I do it carefully so I don't trip or things like that.

"Wow! You look so good! Do you want to steal hearts tonight, or what?" mom asks.

"No! I just want to give a good impression!" I tell her smiling.

I was wearing my purple long dress with my delicate silver sandals that had a medium heel. The sandals were matching perfectly with my silver jewelry. My hair was made into an elegant bun and I had natural makeup.

"Let's go!" mom says and we get out the house.

In front of our house there was an expensive black car. My mom's friends probably observed us as I saw two figures getting out the car. *Wait a sec...two figures?*

"Mom is someone else coming with us beside your friend?" I ask her.

"No...Just Hyemi and her son." she nonchalantly answers.

*Hmm...son you say...Maybe he will help me forget about Taemin...*

"Hello Yoojin! He's my son Taemin and I think this gorgeous lady is your daughter, Ahri, isn't she?" my mom's friend asks.

*I. Can't. Believe. It. !!! Taemin is Mrs. Lee's son! And she also brought him with her at the party! Omo! Who would have thought about that? Well, I didn't... So this is the event he was talking about yesterday! Omooo...This sure is a dream!*

"Hello! Yes, she is my daughter!" my mom answers.

"Hi!" Taemin greets me.

"Hey!" I also greet a little nervously.

"Why aren't you two presenting each other?" Mrs. Lee asks looking at Taemin.

"We already know each other." Taemin answers.

"Yeah, we are in the same class." I add.

"Really? I had no idea! But if the two of you are in the same class, how is it that me and Yoojin never met." Mrs. Lee asks.

"I have no idea! I think we just missed each other." my mom jokes."Maybe you're right! Haha! Now let's get in the car. It's quite cold outside." Mrs Lee suggests. "We're going to stay in the front seats and the kids in the back."

Taemin opens the door for me, like a gentle man so I can enter first.

"Thank you." I tell him and I get in the car.

The drive to the place where the event was taking place was short, but silent...At least for me and Taemin, because mom and Mrs. Lee couldn't stop talking. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable. I didn't know what to say or what to do. It was quite weird he was here too.

"Kids, you'll stay at the staff's table. It's the one right there." mom tells us and then shows us a very beautifully arranged table. "You can go stay there. Hyemi and I still have some things to adjust until the guests come."

"Yes." we both answer.

Little by little, people started to appear and the place was already crowded. The hall was immense, I think there were around 50 tables, maybe even more. Chandeliers were stealing your eyes with their shine. The beautiful decorations on the table were also enchanting your eyes and in the middle there was a dance ring. Everything was great!

*Mom chose everything very good! You can tell she likes what she does...*

I look around at the people and the only thing I see is elegance. Everyone looked like they came just to impress. Girls and women were one more beautiful than another, one more arranged than the other. They had expensive looking jewelry, sophisticate makeup and hairdos. Even the men were looking extremely arranged with different suits and ties.

*So beautiful...*

I look at my right and see Taemin watching me so I smile awkwardly.

"So this is the event you were talking about?" I ask to break the silence.

"Yeah...I told you it would be boring, but I think tonight it will be better." he says.

"Why?" I ask kinda confused.

"Because you are here tonight."

I feel my cheeks burning so I look away from him.

"Finally! We can relax!" my mom says coming at the table with Mrs Lee.

They started talking again, but this time they included the other co-workers that were staying at the same table as us in the discussion, leaving me and Taemin 'alone' again.

I look at him hoping he will say something, but I only got a smile.

"Got'cha!" Mrs Lee says after she takes a photo of you two. "Woaa! You look so pretty Ahri-ah!"

"Thank you!" I smile at her and she takes another photo.

"Don't you think they look good together?" Mrs. Lee says showing the photo to my mom.

"You're right Hyemi! They should be dating!" my mom says.

"What are you talking about?" Taemin asks.

"You and Ahri look good together."

"Mom! Shut up!" I say to her.

"Oh dear, you're so cute when you're blushing! You should date my son!" Mrs. Lee tells me.

*Can I run away from here?!?!?*

"Mom, stop this!" Taemin says and takes my hand in his guiding me outside.

"Taemin! Stop! Yah! What are you doing?" I scream as he was taking me outside and then making me sit on a bench.

"I thought you felt uncomfortable because of our moms." he says looking at you.

"Aaaa...Ne...Thanks Taemin-shi." I thank him.

*Now that I think again, the air is refreshing, but as Mrs. Lee said, it was getting really cold.*

"Oh...And please call me 'Oppa'."

"Ok Taemin oppa!" I say smiling, but also blushing.

"Hey! You're really cute, you know. I think our moms were right." he chuckles.

"Not you too! I had enough of this for tonight!"

"Maybe we should do what our moms said and be a couple!"

"Yah! Don't joke with me like that!" I say and hit his arm.

"Yah! Is that how you treat your oppa?" he pouts.

"That face won't work on me!"

"Wae?" he says and he pinches my cheek. "Wae?" he pinches me again. "Wae?" he now started to tickle me.

"Puhahahaha! Oppa, stop! Hahaha!" I laughed out loud.

"Now stop...I want to go inside. I'm freezing out here!"

"Why didn't you say before? I would have borrowed you my blazer."

"I didn't want to be a burden." I say blushing.

"Ok! Then let's go inside."

We went inside and saw that the dance floor was full. Almost all the guests were there dancing and enjoying their time.

Suddenly, someone taps my shoulder.

"Excuse me. I'm Kim Joon Myeon. I'm the son of your mother's boss. I heard a lot about you." he says.

"Oh! Hi! Nice to meet you!" *He's so good looking!*

"Do you want to dance?" he asks.

"I-I....Uhhh..." I started trembling. *I don't want to dance with him, but I don't want to break his feelings by saying no...What should I answer?*

"So?" Joon Myeon asks.

"Sorry, but she's my partner!" Taemin says and puts a hand on my shoulder.

*Ooops! I almost forgot that he was here too.* 

"Oh...Sorry." he says and then leaves us alone.

"Do you want to dance with me?" Taemin asks you.

"I'm not really a good dancer..." I say embarrassed.

"Just follow my steps."

He takes my hand and I shyly accept. He leads me to the middle of the dance floor. Taemin puts one hand on my waist pulling me closer, with the other one gripping gently on my free hand. I blush madly and follow him.

"Left, right, back, front, step, step, 1, 2, 3, 4..." he whispers into my ear.

I look at my feet and count *1, 2, 3, 1 ,2 ,3* 

Taemin chuckles and lifts my chin.

"Look only at me..." he says. I nodded and then I looked only at him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there sweeties! Loou here! How have you been? Are you ready for Halloween? Beacuse some of our characters aren't...

Anyway, did you see the cameo Joon Myeon aka Suho from EXO-K had? Keke, it was Kyungie's idea :).

Hope you liked this chapter and please tell us your opinion in the comment section below!

We love you!