Sugar Sweet

Fortuitous Love [Discontinued]

So Chanyeol got his phone back

Baekhyun falls in love with him

 


 

"Chanyeol, hyung..." Baekhyun started to say. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were at the beach, their shoes off and both of them wearing shorts and t-shirt. 

 

"Hmm?" Chanyeol asked, taking a quick glance at Baekhyun. He ran to the end of the water as it pulled back into the ocean and then ran away from it as a small wave washed up to the beach. He did this a few times before calling Baekhyun to join him. "This is really fun!" Chanyeol exclaimed with a big smile on his face. This made Baekhyun smile too. 

 

"God, how old are you, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked, watching Chanyeol chase the water and run away from it again. "Do I have to take care of you until old age?" 

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Chanyeol jogged over to Baekhyun. "Why would you have to take care of me, CEO Byun Baekhyun?" Chanyeol leaned down and looked Baekhyun in the eye, smiling broadly. Baekhyun leaned back and turned his head to avoid Chanyeol's eyes.

 

"No... nothing... That just came out wrong," Baekhyun stammered, blushing. Chanyeol stood back up straight and laughed. 

 

"God, Baekkie! You're so cute!" Chanyeol poked Baekhyun's cheek and Baekhyun covered his two cheeks with his hands as he looked down at the sand, pretending to be observing his sand-covered toes.

 

"Baekkie~" Chanyeol whined. "Why are you blushing?" Chanyeol, Baekhyun thought, was definitely super naive. How could a grown guy like him not notice all thee signs that Baekhyun had given off showing his love for Chanyeol? Why did I fall in love with this tall smiling idiot? Baekhyun asked himself. Chanyeol tugged on Baekhyun's shirt.

 

"Let's go into the water!" Chanyeol chuckled.

 

"I... I don't want to!" Baekhyun pouted.

 

"You're so boring~!" Chanyeol laughed as he pulled Baekhyun closer to the water. Baekhyun was about to protest again, but decided to let Chanyeol have his way. Going into the water once to make Chanyeol happy was fine with Baekhyun. A shiver went up Baekhyun's back as the cold water lapped at his feet.

 

"The water's cold!" Baekhyun complained as he hooked his arm around Chanyeol's arm. Chanyeol laughed and pulled away. Chanyeol walked a few steps away from Baekhyun and then turned around, kicking the water to splash Baekhyun's legs. Baekhyun yelped as a small breeze blew and made the spots on his leg where the water hit even colder. "Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yelled. Chanyeol laughed and Baekhyun started to jog over to him, splashing ocean water behind him. When Baekhyun almost reached Chanyeol, he decided to kick water up at Chanyeol as well for revenge. As Baekhyun raised his leg, he slipped due to the unstable sand.

 

"AHHH!" Baekhyun screamed as he fell towards the water.

 

Then in less than a second, Chanyeol's arms were around Baekhyun's waist, holding him up. Their faces were only inches from one another. What was only five seconds felt like hours to Baekhyun. Chanyeol picked Baekhyun up. When Baekhyun was back on his feet and stable, Chanyeol let go.

 

"You're such a  clumsy person, Baekkie," Chanyeol laughed. He turned around and started walking away from the water. Baekhyun stared as Chanyeol walked away.

 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yelled, jogging up to Chanyeol. Chanyeol turned around and cocked his head to the side. Like a puppy, Baekhyun thought. (But we all know Baekhyun is the puppy).

 

"What is it?" Chanyeol asked, smiling.

 

"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun started to say. He just couldn't get the words out. He took a few deep breaths. "Chanyeol! I love you!" Baekhyun screamed. But, a helicopter had passed above the two boys and drowned out Baekhyun's voice. Yet, Baekhyun wasn't sure whether Chanyeol had heard him.

 

"What?" Chanyeol asked, blinking. Baekhyun blushed and walked quickly towards the boardwalk. 

 

"No... nothing! Never mind!" Baekhyun said hurriedly.

 

***

 

Did he just say he loved me? ASDFGHJKL; No way. Goddammit. Why did that helicopter have to pass? I couldn't hear properly, Chanyeol thought to himself as he walked towards the direction Baekhyun was walking. 

 

"Baekhyun-ah!" Chanyeol said as he grabbed Baekhyun's arm. Chanyeol caught Baekhyun's eyes for a second before Baekhyun turned away. "What did you say before?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Nothing! Let go of me, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said, struggling. Chanyeol was definitely stronger and Baekhyun could not escape his grasp.

 

"Baekhyun! Tell me. Please," Chanyeol said, taking Baekhyun's face in his free hand. This only made Baekhyun blush. Baekhyun tried to avoid Chanyeol's eyes as much as possible. But, he didn't say anything in response.

 

"Baekkie~" Chanyeol pouted. "Tell me, please~" 

 

Baekhyun was hesitant as he looked around the boardwalk. It was pretty much empty except for a few people here and there. Chanyeol's grip on Baekhyun's arm tightened.

 

"Ow!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Chanyeol, you're hurting me!"

 

"Tell me what you said~" Chanyeol pestered. He was determined to find out what Baekhyun said. And, Baekhyun could see that. So, Baekhyun decided to give in to Chanyeol. 

 

"I..." Baekhyun started to say. He looked down to the beach and blushed again. "I love you, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said as quickly as possible. Silence passed for a few seconds. Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun, unsure of what to do. Baekhyun turned around. "It's okay if you don't feel the same for me, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said as he started to walk away slowly. 

 

Then, Chanyeol hugged him from behind. "Baekhyun-ah... I... I love you too."

 

Chanyeol turned Baekhyun around and kissed him full on the lips. 

 

 

 


Note from Author: Sorry this took so long! I had 3/4  of this written out and I never got the chance to finish it because of school and everything. My other stories, I'm having a writer's block ): but, please wait a little longer! Summer's coming so i'll have more time to think things out!