Baekhyun

Fortuitous Love [Discontinued]

" I'm home!" Baekhyun yelled. He reached over to the wall and put on the lights. He sighed as he realized that there was no one home - again. His parents had gone away for a business trip a few hours earlier and they wouldn't be home for a week - even more if they decided to create more plans in the city they were visiting. 

 

As he walked past the kitchen/dining room, he caught a glimpse of the food sitting there. It wasn't much, but he knew that his parents must have had hired a housekeeper. They didn't trust Baekhyun to take care of himself, and Baekhyun knew they shouldn't trust him anyways. Baekhyun grew up a spoiled child until he was 12 years of age. Then, his father started teaching him a bit about business. Baekhyun's father would bring him to business meetings at the age of 14 and have him take nights about how the meetings were ran. At age 17, Baekhyun was given small errands by his father and he was taught how to make decisions concerning the company. Baekhyun was now 20 years old and keeping KAA Business Management in order while his father was away for business trips. (Let us pretend college does not exist) Baekhyun took off his outerwear (coat, scarf, hat) and then sat down to eat what the housekeeper has prepared. The food was still warm, so Baekhyun figured she must have just left recently. The food wasn't as good as his mother made it, but it would have to do. After Baekhyun was done eating, he spilled the small portions of leftover foods away and placed the dishes in the sink. The housekeeper could clean that tomorrow.

 

Baekhyun quickly took a shower and plopped down on his bed. He had a long day and the only thing on his mind at that moment was Chanyeol. Snuggling comfortably under his bed, Baekhyun drifted off to sleep.

 

**

 

"Young Master? Baekhyun?" someone called. Baekhyun moaned in annoyance. "Sir, please wake up," the voice begged.

 

"Be quiet, Chanyeol... I'm trying to sleep," Baekhyun moaned again. He sighed and rolled over in his bed, pulling the blanket over his head. It's just so bright, he thought to himself. Wait. Bright?

 

"Sorry, young master, but I am not this Chanyeol you speak of. Your parents told me that you should be out of the house by the time I arrive to keep the home nice and clean. And, I've been here for half an hour, already," the voice said. "It's already 13:30 (1:30pm) - "

 

Baekhyun sat right up as the housekeeper jumped backwards. "It's that time already?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me!" Baekhyun whined. He hurried off the bed and practically ran to the bathroom, leaving the housekeeper in a daze. When he returned from the bathroom, he hurriedly opened his closet and took out a suit to put on. 

 

"Sir, breakfast is on the table," the housekeeper called from the kitchen. "It's not much, but I had to make use of what is already in the fridge." Baekhyun thanked her and quickly changed into the suit. He threw his pajamas on the unmade bed and rushed to the kitchen. Baekhyun ate the meal slowly - it was just the way he was taught. The whole time, he thought of Chanyeol. Chanyeol really did mesmerize Baekhyun. Chanyeol's perfect teeth, stupid smile, blond silky hair, tall and slim figure, and the sound of his voice. His voice was deep and captivating. Baekhyun blushed as he thought of how Chanyeol wouls sound sweet talking to him. He drowned the thoughts with a glass of milk. Wiping his lips and leaving the dirty dishes on the table, Baekhyun threw on his socks, shoes and outerwear. He hurried out the door wondering what was wrong with him.

 

*

 

"Good afternoon, sir," the bellboy(?) said as Baekhyun rolled down his car windows. He had just pulled up to the entrance of the company. It was 14:40 (2:40pm). 

 

"Take my car and park it in the back," Baekhyun commanded. He got out of the car and the bellboy got in. He walked up the steps of the company as the bellboy drove away. Many people bowed and said to him "Good afternoon, sir". Baekhyun only smiled back as he rushed to get to his office. 

 

As he settled down inside his office, he received a call. 

 

"Good afternoon, sir. The interviewee from yesterday - "

 

"Chanyeol? Is he here?" Baekhyun interrupted.

 

"Yes, Chanyeol. And he isn't here right now. He was here earlier but since you weren't here, he left," the lady said. 

 

"Thank you," Baekhyun responded. He put down the phone and sat back on his chair as someone opened his door and walked in.

 

"Good afternoon!" Baekhyun heard for the thousandth time. Baekhyun sighed and responded back. The person who just entered was a girl about his age. She was quite pretty - with long black hair and a slim body figure. She was dressed professionally in a blazer, pencil skirt and white blouse. 

 

"How can I help you?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

 

"I want to intern here~ You're the CEO, right? Byun Baekhyun," the girl said as she walked up to Baekhyun's desk and observed the name plate. "My name is Mina."

 

Baekhyun frowned. "They didn't call me to say that they were sending you up."

 

"Oh. You mean the information desk? I didn't bother to stop by. I just came up here by myself."

 

Baekhyun asked Mina to sit down on one of the couches and told her to settle down. He prepared a quick two cups of tea and then he started the interview. He went through the same procedure as he did with Chanyeol. Mina had more experience than Chanyeol with working in a professional place. 

 

"When will you notify me?" asked Mina as Baekhyun dismissed her.

 

"In a few days to a week," Baekhyun said as he led Mina out the door. 

 

"Oh! Please notify me soon! I want to start learning and working as soon as possible!" Mina exclaimed excitedly. Baekhyun nodded and smiled. 

 

"I must discuss this with others first and we will all come to a decision on whom to accept into out internship program." The girl thanked him and left. Sighing, Baekhyun plopped down on his chair and turned to face out the window. There had been only ten people interested in interning at the company since the application was released a month ago. He knew that he had to decide the intern soon, and he could not get Chanyeol off his mind. What if Chanyeol interned at the company? Then, Baekhyun could see him everyday. That would be great, Baekhyun thought. He quicky erased the thought off his mind.

 

I must act professional.