A Walk Inside

Fortuitous Love [Discontinued]

The young man was tall and handsome. He had soft blond hair with a hint of dark brown strands. His clothes didn't make him look as if he was working at the towering building he was walking towards. His clothes were of a different style than most's. The color and patterns stood out. Anyone could've recognized him in a crowd of people due to his height and clothing. His bag was small - it looked as if it could only fit a small textbook.

 

The young man paused as he neared the entrance of the building. He hurriedly opened his bag and placed the stack of papers inside. Inside the bag, there was a cellphone, keys, a folder, a notebook and a few writing utensils. He took out his cellphone and checked the time. He let out a sigh of relief. Looking up at the building, he smiled. Placing his cellphone back in his bag, he strolled inside the building, where he made his way over to the information/customer service desk.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to KAA Business Management. How can I help you today, sir?" asked the lady at the information desk. She smiled sincerely at the young man as if she had known him for years.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, noona. Uhm, yeah. I... uh. I'm here for an interview?"

 

"Your name, please?" the lady asked.

 

"Huh? Oh, yeah, Chanyeol. Park Chanyoel," the young man stuttered. I'm already made a fool of myself, Chanyoel sighed to himself. I haven't even met the boss yet - how am I supposed to get the job?

 

"Yes, you have an appointment with the boss at... Oh! In five minutes. I'll call the boss and ask him if I can send you up," the woman smiled. As she shifted her focus onto the phone, Chanyeol told himself to breathe. In, out, in, out. The information lady intertupped his thoughts, "You can go up now. Take the elevator to the 30th floor. After you exit the elevator, turn right and walk to the end of the hallway. His office should be the last door. Good luck!" 

 

"Kamsamnida, noona!" Chanyoel exclaimed. He smiled and bowed. He then made his way to the elevator. There were many people walking around - speaking on the phone, texting, looking at documents, or speaking with and greeting others. Ding. The elevator arrived and Chanyeol got on. He pushed the button for the 30th floor. After Chanyeol got off the elevator, he followed the directions the noona gave him. Turn right, walk to end of hallway. Turn right, walk to end of hallway, he repeated to himself so that he wouldn't forget. The walls of the building were made of solid material up to Chanyoel's stomach and then the rest was just glass. People pulled their shades down if they wanted privacy, but most people kept the shades up. The doors were made of glass. The glass was so clean, one couldn't notice it if it weren't for the small reflections of light. When Chanyeol reached the end of the hallway he stopped at the glass door. 

 

Okay. This is it.