Chapter 1.

Wallflower Boys.

 

5 months ago;

Baekhyun eyes drifted away from the blackboard and out the wide window to its right. It was early morning, and the sun was still rising, creating a golden pink glow to elope the classroom. Baekhyun liked the mornings, as the pale colours it held reminded him of happiness and hope, something he wasn’t content with yet.

Baekhyun was lonely. Although he could get on with anyone he wanted to, he could count all his friends on his hands – or more likely, just one. He was a Byun, so therefore no one talked to him, for the Byun’s were the local hard-up family in the village he unfortunately lived in. "Don’t make friends with a Byun," was the local truism, "they’ll only try and take your dimes and then you’ll be the same as ‘em."

Baekhyun blinked, the sun blinding him so he could only see the outlines of the fur trees. The sun was rising, and the pale pink fell out of the sky and was replaced with a light blue glow, rising up, almost like it was bursting with joy to see the sky. He wondered what it would be like to just float out there, the colours wrapping him up in a blanket, so he could stay in the time that he adored the most. But he couldn't, he was stuck in the revision classroom due to his lack of mathematical knowledge. But it wasn't his fault. He was dyslexic. It's just his teachers didn't know. And who would believe that a Byun actually wanted an education?

But then, as the sun moved and he went back to lapping up the beautiful landscape of the school grounds, something caught his eye, something that was a rare sight. A new being. 

Baekhyun knew every face in the village, even if he'd never muttered a word to them. That was his skill, being able to put face to name, but this person... he couldn't fathom. Had he seen this person anywhere before? No, definitely not. Then why was this person here?

As the person walked further towards the school building, Baekhyun noticed that it was a young boy, carrying a bag and a few books. A new student, He thought. But why can't I think of a family he must belong to? He knew every family. From the other hard-up families like the Park's, to the wealthy one's like the Wu's, but there was not a single family trait in this boy that Baekhyun could see. Not a single speck.

He must be a village outsider. No family in the Village of Quado has brown messy hair, or milky white skin, or a body that tall. 

Baekhyun decided that for now, he would call the boy his beautiful stranger.