Chapter 4.

Wallflower Boys.

After a short while, Baekhyun and his beautiful stranger reached his cottage on at the top of the corn fields. By the time they go to the door, Baekhyun was out of breath and his shoes were falling apart beneath him. "Wait here," His stranger commanded, and Baekhyun stopped right in his tracks. 

He watched as his stranger walked up the plant plot located to the left of the cottage door, slowly tilting it backwards to reveal and a long silver key located under the pot's bottom. He picked it up, and dusted it off on his trousers before inserting it into the doors lock. Click. He swung the door open wide, before he turned around and smiled sweetly at Baekhyun, "You can come in now."

Baekhyun ran the remainder of the path, swiftly entering the cottage after his stranger. "Mama, I've got a visitor with me today!" He called out to nobody, but he was shortly replied to. "Alright Yixing, you take care of the visitor!" Yixing... that must be his name. The stranger only nodded in reply to his mother. He slipped his shoes off before placing them on unsteady shoe-rack by the front door - Baekhyun followed his moves. "It seems like you need a new pair of shoes, boy." His stranger comment as he walked out the room and up the stairs to the left. Baekhyun laughed dryly in response.

Following him up the stairs, Baekhyun felt slightly jealous at the cottage the stranger lived in. It was much nicer and much bigger then the one him and his mother had lived in for their whole lives in Quado, and their house only had one floor too. But you're a Byun, Baekhyun. Remember that's what you're living the way that you are. Walking down the tight hallway at the top of the cottage, they arrived at a rusty looking door at the end.

"And this, is my room." The stranger smiled, pushing the door open with a little force, earning a creak out of it. Baekhyun gasped - the stranger had a bed. A bed! Baekhyun walked straight in before the stranger, going straight over to the bed and running his fingers across the linen duvet. It was so soft, so silky, he'd never known of a family in Quado to own linen bed sheets before. "Well sit down, then!" His stranger laughed before he had a chance to question him on he luxury he owned. "My bed isn't infested with bugs, it's safe." 

His stranger bounced over, sitting himself down next to Baekhyun, who was still standing by the edge of the bed with the linen in his hands. "Have you never seen linen before or something?" His stranger joked, but Baekhyun shook his head, "No actually. I-It's a rariety down here a Quado." His stranger only nodded in response. 

"So, tell me about yourself, boy." Baekhyun felt him tug on his shirt, pulling him towards him. Baekhyun sat down and cleared his throat. "M-My name's Baekhyun. I came East-ward to your fields, so my home is in that direction. I live with only my mother, since my father passed away a few years ago. I...I'm also a Byun." 

Baekhyun turned to look at his stranger - who was staring right back at him. "Ahh, i'm sorry to hear of your loss, Bo- I mean, Baekhyun. I hope your mother is taking good care of you." She isn't. "She is, thank you." His stranger smiled softly at him, while he reached out and patted his knee lightly. "Let me hear about you, now." His strangers eyes lit up, and he shifted slightly on his bed, getting enough room to cross his legs. 

"Right, okay. I don't know if you noticed from when my mother called, but my name is Yixing." I did notice. "My full name is Zhang Yixing, actually. I live with only my mother too, but that's because my dad stayed in our old village after my parents divorced each other. I'm joining the local school hear, joining in Year 10, I think. That's it really." 

Baekhyun smiled, the name running circles in his head. Zhang Yixing. Zhang Yixing. He was happy his stranger was no longer a stranger to him anymore. Hi gaze wandered to the small window, located just to left of the bed - the sun was beginning to set. "Ah, it's getting late!" Baekhyun mumbled to himself, pushing himself off the bed and walking towards the bedroom door. Once in the doorway, he turned around to Yixing and gave him a gentle smile. "I have to go now, Yixing. The suns setting and if I don't leave soon I won't get home before night falls. I'll see you at school tomorrow?" For the uptenth time that afternoon, Yixing nodded. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Baekhyun! I look forward to it!" And once the words left Yixing's lips, Baekhyun knew that no matter how badly his mother treated him tonight, he'd be able to pull through until the morning.