Chapter 2.

Wallflower Boys.

Baekhyun hadn't seen his beautiful stranger since the mathematics revision lesson, and that made him pretty sad - worried, even. He'd been trying to find him all day, occasionally glancing at the classroom door to see if he'd walk in, looking in the lunch hall for the messy brown hair the boy acquired, but he couldn't find the boy. The stranger seemed to have left as quickly as he'd arrived. Maybe he wasn't a student at all...

Baekhyun sat in the lunch hall on his own, often having to sit near the waste bins at the back, since that's where people thought he belonged. Today was one of those days. He only had a little lunch, half a sandwich and a little granny smith apple, since that's all his mother could remember to give him today. He picked up his bag from around his feet, and popped the clip on drew out his lunch, his stomach gurgling with anticipation. He normally didn't even get this much lunch - this must be a good day. 

He took a wide bite of his sandwich, the little amount of butter between the loafs oozed out into his mouth. His smiled to himself while he chomped away, the rarity that was butter made his taste buds dance. Although this was a lonesome lunch, it was probably one of the best ones yet. 

After a short while, Baekhyun was on his last bite, for his sandwich wasn't that big. He savoured the last bite, his lips and smiling a little, only for the school bell to go. He sighed, knowing he wouldn't get to taste the deliciousness that was his apple. 

Baekhyun picked up his unkempt bag and slung it over his shoulder, his body slumping forwards from the weight of all his books on his frail body. Last lesson Baekhyun, you can do this. With another sigh, Baekhyun made his way to one of the few hall doors leading to the schools corridors, and began to walk to the final lesson of the day. 

Walking quickly down the tightly packed hallways, ignoring the elbow and shoulder jabs, Baekhyun entered his classroom abruptly, not wanting to waste anytime in getting the last lesson over with - and he wanted to see if the little bit of hope he had on finding his beautiful stranger was going to be worth it. 

Countless bodies flew into the classroom, all who Baekhyun was to familiar with so nobody caught his eye. He tried looking out for the messy brown hair like he'd done in the lunch hall, or the pale skin that made the beautiful stranger shine. But nobody of that description walked through the doorway, so Baekhyun slouched in his chair just like his heart was doing in his chest. I wanted to find you. He sighed. You looked kind, and i've never met a kind person in my life...

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" A deep voice called him out of his thoughts, "HOW DARE YOU SIGH IN MY LESSON? AM I THAT BORING? OR CAN YOUR INARTICULATE BRAIN JUST NOT UNDERSTAND ME?" 

Baekhyun flushed a deep shade of red, as every pair of eyes in the classroom turned to stare at him, their looks buring holes in his body. His forehead started to sweat a little.

"N-No Mr Choi, I-I was just being stupid, i'll p-pay more attention now. Sorry..." His voice shook as he said his apologizes. Baekhyun tried his best to not get into trouble since his reputation was already soiled by what was written on his birth certificate. And knowing his mother would find out about this incident, he knew tonight at home wasn't going to be pleasant. 

"Byun Baekhyun, please proceed up to my desk." Baekhyuns knees wobbled as he left the comfort of his seat, but he complied. He walked down from the back of the room to the front, and met his teacher at their desk. Me Choi towered over Baekhyun, his height almost double. 

"Put out your palms please, boy." Baekhyun gulped, bringing his palms out in front of his teacher. He started to breathe a little heavy, as he knew what he was about to get. Hit.

Mr Choi lent down and picked up a long, wooden ruler that was resting by a leg of his desk. Without warning, he raised it high, and swiftly brought it down onto the soft skin of Baekhyuns palms. Whack! Baekhyun winced, the pain worse then he ever expected a hit to be. Whack! Mr Choi hit his palms again so quickly it made Baekhyun stumble back a little. Please not again sir, pl- WHACK!

"Ahh!" Baekhyun let out a whimper in front of Mr Choi, as he looked down at his palms to notice a few red circles where bruises were likely to form. "Don't interrupt me with your stupidity again, got it? Now go sit back down, and I expect you to write me a lot this lesson, boy."

All Baekhyun could manage was a simple nod of his head, as the humiliation and pain set in. So much for a good day. Quickly, Baekhyun turned away from Mr Choi and proceeded back down the classroom to his seat, so he couldn't disrupt again. 

All Baekhyun wanted now was to go home to the confinement of his acres of land - and to find his beautiful stranger.