Chapter 6.

Wallflower Boys.

The sun shone through the kitchen window, the sun at just the right angle to shine it's rays directly at Baekhyun's sleeping body, proceeding to wake him up from his slumber. He stretched to get his bones clicking and back in the right place, after his uncomfortable night on the kitchen tiles. Maneuvering his body into a more comfortable position, he leant back against the wall and rubbed his eyes to clear away the dust and gunk that collected around the edges. 

Sighing, Baekhyun moved his arms, pushing himself off the floor and over to the kitchen counter, to see if his mother had left and scrapes of bread for him to digest before he made his way to school. Opening the bread-bin to check, his brow furrowed when he noticed that all that was in there was the remaining crumbs for the last loaf. She's probably fed the birds with my breakfast again... He rested the lid back on the top of the bread-bin, just as his stomach let out a rumble from beneath him. Aish! 

Turning on his heels, he made his way out of the kitchen and down the hall to his room, to get changed out of yesterday's school uniform he never got a chance to change out of - by now it was creased and dusty from being wrapped around his frame during last night's sleep.

--------------

His feet kicked the loose pebbles around him as he walked down the rubble path on his route to school. His 'new' shoes were slightly smaller then his shoe size, making his toes curled slightly in a painful heap at the tip of the shoes. Baekhyun persevered - bad shoes were better then no shoes. Letting a cold, shaky breath escape through his lips, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around himself to act as the coat he didn't have. The wind was dry and the weather was slightly clammy, but Baekhyun was happy to get out of his house - he would've come out even if a tornado was due.

As he got halfway down the rubble path, Baekhyun stopped at the path enterance that headed to the corn fields. Biting his lip, he contemplated whether or not to head towards Yixing's house. What if he already left? What if he doesn't want to see me? With a look at the sun to determine the time, he decided he would go and retrieve Yixing, so he slipped down the enterance towards Yixing's little home. 

~ ~ ~

Knock! Knock! Knock! Baekhyun's pubescent sized hand drew away from the cottage door, as he stood firmly in front of it. He shook his shoulders while he waited, his bag bouncing up and down behind him. After a while had passed, Baekhyun was still stood at the door a lonesome boy. Turning his head to the side, he stretched his neck to check if the house was occupied - to see if Yixing hadn't already gone and that this would be in vain. Luckily, after a few more seconds of peeping, he saw a young looking woman making her way past the window and to his direction. He stood back a little, clearing his throat ready to greet her.

The door creaked as it swing open, and the woman greeted Baekhyun with a warm smile. "Hello, boy. How may I help you this fine mornin'?" The previous clearing of his throat seemed to be no use, as his words got caught in the back of his throat. "U-Um. Ma'am, is your son, Yixing in?" Baekhyun gripped his bag straps tighter. Yixing name passing through his lips did nothing but make his head feel a little fuzzy. Something really was special with this womans' son. "My boy is indoors. What draws him to your needs?" 

"I was a' wondering if he wanted to walk to school with me Ma'am. After all, I came round yesterday with him." His mothers mouth turned into a wide smile that only tempted Baekhyun to run away in slight terror, "Oh that was you, Boy? Why didn't you say! Come on in, he's just finishing up his breakfast!" Before he has a chance to mutter a polite 'no ma'am i'm fine, i'll just stand here and wait for your son', he was dragged down the hallway and towards a smell that could've made Baekhyun gain 5 pounds - the smell of freshly cooked eggs. At the sheer smell of the food, the saliva in his mouth threatened to over-spill and trickle down his chin. He quickly made sure that wasn't the case.

Still being dragged by Yixings mother, he was pulled into the kitchen where Yixing was chomping away his eggs and bread at the table. Only, something was different with Yixings apperance, something that was different from their last meeting. But Baekhyun noticed quick enough, causing his mouth to drop down and his lower reigon to get just a little to tight for his school trousers. 

**the next few chapters will be exciting! please keep reading~**