Life 4-Kai (Part 2)

The 13th Life of Kim Taeyeon

For Taeyeon, life meant being dolled-up by serveral maids and attending the usual balls to look for a future husband amongst the noble class. But the fateful day, when she had lost her maids and guards and met the man named Kai, she, for the first time, wanted a different life. It had been a week since she had met him, but it felt like years to her. Is this what they called love at first sight? Is this what they called soulmates?

She was curious, but deep inside her heart, she knew she would never know.

"My lady, His Majesty requests your presence."

"Of course," Taeyeon wiped her sweaty hands on her long dress and made her way out of her large room.

As she walked down the long brick hallway, the dimly lit lanterns made her feel as if she were encased in a dungeon. She remembered the fresh air of the outside, the lively chatter of the people, and the warm hand of Kai's.

"Taeyeon-ah."

Taeyeon bowed upon entering the throne room.

"Father."

"I wish for you to go out to the city today,"

Something sparked within her. "Today?"

"Yes, I believe you are too holed up inside your room. I would suggest you go into the gardens, but  I feel as if you have already explored every inch of the gardens already. I will assign General Lee to esscort you."

General Lee was a tall young strikingly handsome man. He was considered the country's greatest hero. With lines of awards and ladies waiting for him, Taeyeon found him a little egoistic. He was a quite flirty man, even with the princess herself, but she was at ease. She had known him since their childhood years, first meeting him when he was quite frazzled and even ugly.

Now all she needed to do, was get rid of him.

"Of course Father. I am grateful for his protection and your grace in letting me have my freedom."

Taeyeon was dismissed out of the throne room, and she walked with a slight skip in her steps.

Taeyeon was quite cunning. As soon as she entered her room, she gestured her maids to change her into a lighter more moveable dress. She then grabbed a cloak with pockets which she filled with money.

She knew she was crazy, leaving her life for this. But she had made up her mind, she was going to escape. She was no longer going to be a princess any more.

General Lee was waiting at the bottom of the staircase. His tall back was facing Taeyeon.

"General Lee!"

He nodded and they both mounted their horses.

A while into the city, Taeyeon saw the trail she had gotten lost on. It was by far her best chance at running away. 

General Lee was preoccupied with flocks of ladies; this was her chance.

Switching directions, she dug her heels into the horse and willed it to go as fast as possible. Taeyeon heard the distress of General Lee's voice calling for her. But the wind and the thought of seeing him again forced her forward.

_______________________________________________________________

 

Kai was out hunting. He had his bow and arrows he cleverly carved and a rabbit in the other. And as he was humming a song, the thundering of a horse's hooves startled him and he jumped out of the way.

He saw a flash of the lady's clothes upon the horse and a name popped up into his head.

"TAEYEON?"

All of a sudden, the horse neighed and the lady dropped painfully onto the ground.

"Miss are you-UGH!"

The lady grabbed onto him tightly.

"Miss?....Taeyeon? I mean Princess?"

Taeyeon sheepisly smiled up at him.

"Hi Kai. Where are you going? WHat were you doing? How have you been? Did you miss me? Are you hurt? Sorry for startling you, Lady Night isn't a bad horse. She's just crazy..ahadihdkfajke!"

Kai slapped his hand over Taeyeon's mouth.

"Princess why are you here?"

She smiled, took his hand off , and answered loud and proud.

"I'm here to stay, with you, forever!"

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

hey guys...eheheh back alive again!

I'll try to update soon!
But after Kai's story...

the rest are going to be 2 chapters. I feel like it's dragging tooooo long and I get tired of the past lives.

I wanna start the real plot!!!!!!! Maybe I'll incorporate it in somehow..oh welll...

sorry guys bare with me. If the past lives seem to be dragging too long...please tell me! Constructive critisism is welcome!!!!!!!! But please comment to let me know how the story seems to be..

I FEEL LIKE IT'S LAGGING T.T