Life 4-Kai (Part 1)

The 13th Life of Kim Taeyeon

Kai had always been the poor boy searching the streets for food. In this vast kingdom of SM, he had to be the unlucky soul and have no luxury. So when he found a young shivering girl dressed in what looked like the most softest and most expensive dress ever, Kai could only stare dumbstruck.

"Excuse me," her soft and sweet voice snapped in out of his trance, "Can you help me?"

"Uhm, sure Miss..."

"Taeyeon!" She giggled, and Kai swore he saw flower petals and angel feathers fall from the sky above her.

"Kai, you can call me Kai, Miss Taeyeon."

She smiled and grabbed his arm.

"W-what did you need help with Miss?"

"Just call me Taeyeon, and I need to know the way to the palace.."

"Palace?" It wasn't that Kai was wondering if she belonged in that place, it was the thought that...what was a person from the palace doing out here at this dark time?

"Yes.."

"Sure." 

Kai was glad it was dark, because he was sure he was blushing. He hesitantly grabbed her hand and led her to the direction of the palace. It would be a long walk and he told her so.

"It's fine. I'm not that used to walking, but I enjoy some healthy exercise!"

The two spent the whole night and some of the day before they reached the palace. On the way there, Kai and Taeyeon had constantly talked so it was never awkward or strange for them. In fact, a little bit of feelings and emotions had been planted in both of their hearts for the other.

With a solemn look and a disappointed heart, Kai led her to the front gate.

"Thank you Kai." Then taking her soft and small hands, she reached to the back of her neck and took off the pretty necklace that had been hanging there.

"Here. It was my mother's gift to me. And I want to give it to you."

Kai tried refusing, but she giggled her soft giggle and handed him the necklace with some pocket money she had on her.

"Take it please."

Unable to refuse her puppy dog eyes, he gladly accepted it. Then shyly reaching into he drab and ragged clothes, he pulled out his most prized possession, a small gold ring with the letters KJI ingraved in it.

"I could have sold this, but it was my parents last gift for me before they died." 

He grabbed Taeyeon's hand and placed it on her palm. 

"Take it. I'll remember you through this necklace, and you remember me through this ring!"

Taeyeon smiled brightly before giving Kai a hug. "Thank you."

She turned and talked to the guard before showing him something Kai could not see. Then the guard let her in without a second's hesitation.

Then Kai swore he heard the guard say.

"What was the princess doing with the guy in rags. Probably helped her or something. She wouldn't meddle with the lower class. Good thing she's safe."

Princess? Kai was at a lost for words...princess?

 

___________________________________________

 

 

Hey guys! It's me the lazy author! Okay I hope this chapter didn't disappoint! Bye! sorry that it's short!