The One With The Flu

Drabbles of Daily Homin

 

Changmin smile alone on his bed. His cold eventually had subsided today. He had a terrible 3 days after he sleeps in the living room without switching on the heater. The winter is at its iciest and he suddenly catches a cold.

He turns around to the left side of the bed. A breakfast tray. Chicken porridge and cucumber juice.  A small note on his breakfast tray.

Rise and shine baby. Eat your breakfast and your medicine. Hyung will be back before lunch. I will buy you a healthy one.

P/S You drool in your sleep last nite. My arm was all wet but I don’t have the heart to wipe it. You look like a baby koala.

He smiles again. Yunho is such a darling these three days. He felt so guilty when he jokingly thinking to himself a few days ago that he will be easily found dead and starving on his bed if Yunho is the one who will take care of him. Yunho can’t even take care of himself whenever he catches a fever. Or maybe because he tends to ignore it. Changmin is not so sure on that

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

THREE DAYS AGO

Changmin : Hyung, please put your hand on my head and tell me I am not feverish.. *sneeze*

Yunho : *felt Changmin’s head and neck* Baby-yah, you are sick. Lie down.

Changmin : Shoot!!! No, I can’t get sick. Not during this promotional period..

Yunho : Lie down. Hyung will call manager hyung for a doctor.

Changmin : How stupid you are Shim Changmin. Sleeping in freezing cold and let yourself sick.

Yunho immediately check the room temperature. He gets him some pillows and a blanket since he doesn’t want to stay in the room. He closes all curtains and lit a dim light. The room become comfortably warm, quiet and calm. Changmin feels relax. Yunho picks him a remote control and put it in Changmin’s hand.

Yunho : Watch whatever you want. Do you feel hungry? I can make you some porridge.. *caressing Changmin’s cheek*

Changmin nods and gave him a weak smile. He can hear the kitchen cabinet’s door swayed open, water flowing in the sink and stove being lit up. Yunho may be disastrous in the kitchen but one thing he can make very well is chicken porridge. Changmin never admit it to him but he will finish a big bowl of Yunho’s porridge in a couple of minutes each time. He fell asleep when he thinks of it.

His force his eyes open again when the doctor came and check on him. He gave him a shot on his bum but he is so tired and sleepy he doesn’t even flinch. He is half asleep when the doctor asks him questions. He answers with a nod or a head-shake to every question. At last when the doctor finish checking him, he let Yunho do all the talking. As he tries to catch some sleep again he feels a soft sponge touching his head. He open his eyes and sees Yunho’s face.

Yunho : I have to baby. Don’t resist ok?. Your temperature is quite high. The doctor advises me to consider sponging you with lukewarm water.

Changmin : *nods weakly*

Yunho : Baby-yah, change your clothes. You don’t wear comfortable clothes

Changmin : No..

Yunho : No?.. I’ll change it for you then. Then I’ll bite your s when I do so. Come on Changminnie, I have to make sure your temperature come down.

Changmin : Ok, I’ll change myself Mr Crazy. I don’t trust you whenever you try to get me off the clothes.

Yunho : Bwahahahaha… Ok chief.. Whatever works for you.

As Yunho done sponging him he picks up a warm glass of water beside him and gulps down. His throat is starting to feel sore. He sneezes again and again.

Yunho : Eat something baby.

Changmin : I want to sleep. Thank you, hyung.

Yunho : I’ll feed you Minnie. Please eat. If not you won’t be able to take the meds.

Changmin : I have a bad headache Hyung. I don’t feel like eating. I want to sleep. My body is aching and tired.

Yunho : Once you eat and get your medicine you’ll feel better. I promise. *Yunho took Changmin’s hand and kisses it*

Changmin : Okay hyung. Feed me but don’t choke me up.. And I don’t want a mess on my face or..

Yunho : ..your clothes.. *laugh casually* Yes, hyung is well understood of all the terms and conditions of my baby. I won’t make a mess.. Now eat.

Yunho feed him a few spoonful of porridge. Yes, the porridge is so delicious he ate a few spoonful more than he expected. Yunho almost drop the spoon on his chest and laugh about it. Changmin gave him an annoyed face. Yunho then make sure Changmin take his medicine and he put him to sleep. As he pull up the blanket to Changmin’s chest he whispers

Yunho : I love you Minnie.

Changmin : I know.

Yunho : Ekekeke.. *bend down to kiss Changmin’s lips*

Changmin : *push his face away*

Yunho : Okay. No kiss… A hug maybe?.. *proceed to hug Changmin*

Changmin : *shove Yunho’s arms away* I wanna sleep. You may tickle me and I don’t trust you.

Yunho : Hahahaha… You are forever punishing me for loving you.. Sleep okay?.. I’ll get my blanket and sleep on the other couch. Unless you want to get to your room.

Changmin : Nope. Here is perfectly fine. Don’t snore in your sleep or better, don’t make any sound.

Yunho : Aye aye captain!!

Yunho wake up several times that night. He regularly checks up Changmin’s body temperature, make him take his scheduled medicine and make him drink more plain water. He make sure the younger take even small sips when he refuse the water he gave him.

Changmin : My head.. It felt so heavy and it’s aching.

Yunho : Change your sleeping position okay Minnie.

Changmin : Okay.. Ehmmm.. Hyung, I need to take a leak.

Yunho : Let me help you to the bathroom… 

With some assistance Changmin walk side by side with Yunho. His put his left arm on Yunho’s shoulder. Yunho put his arm on Changmin’s back as he doesn’t want to interfere with their balance or else Changmin might fall. Then they went back together to the couch. Changmin then fall asleep again after Yunho insist he sips some more water and lie down in the warmth of his blanket.

Yunho : Hyung, Changmin needs me. No… Please re-arrange the practice schedule to tomorrow morning. Yes, hyung. I know this is a bit late… I’m sorry Hyung…

Changmin open his eyes. Its morning and he wake up to Yunho’s voice. Yunho actually do not talk loudly but he is sitting beside him when the call takes place. His hand gently moved up and down Changmin’s hand. Touching it gently and softly as he continues talking to their manager explaining everything.

Yunho : Yes, I promise there will be no trouble tomorrow…. Ok.. Take a rest today okay. I really have to make sure Changmin gets his medicine and food…. Ok… Bye hyung. Thanks again.. *hang up*

Changmin : Hyung…

Yunho : Baby-yah.. *kiss Changmin’s forehead* Wake up, you need to walk a bit. Take your breakfast and your meds.

Changmin : My nose is all stuffy. My chest is tight. My throat is sore, I have a dry cough…

Yunho : Okay.. Okay.. I know you still don’t feel better. Look baby, just follow what Hyungs says and you’ll feel better. Wake up. Move a bit first. Take a short walk.

Changmin wake up slowly and move around the living room. Yunho is right. He loosened up his muscle and he feels better. He then sit and eat his breakfast. A broccoli soup and warm milk tea.

 

Changmin : Who make the soup?.. It is definitely not your cooking hyung. Blerghhhh... It taste like vomit...

Yunho : BoA call this morning and I told her you aren’t well. She sends this through his assistant… Put it aside if you dont like it. Its a healthy soup, what did you expect baby-yah?...

Changmin : BoA noona wanted to kill me. 

Yunho : There, there.. Stop being dramatic. I think will plug in the other humidifier. I think the current one is not so clean. I seriously think you should finish it up. The broccoli soup. 

Changmin finish up his meal half-heartedly and follow Yunho’s instruction. He loves it when Yunho is in charge. Each time he hears Yunho giving out instructions and organizing everything he feel safe. Changmin suddenly recalls. Even when they were five, Yunho is always the one who takes care of him each time he fall sick. Jae maybe do all the cooking. Yooch and Junsu mostly joke and play around to irritate him. But Yunho will be the one who fed him. Make him stay close to him when he sleeps. Remind him to drink more water. Once, Yunho ask manager hyung to park in front of a pharmacy and went inside to buy breathing strips. Changmin stuffy nose always gets on his nerves which further make everybody annoyed as well when he complains about it.

Changmin went to the bathroom and as he expected he found the breathing strips. He also saw a glass of water. He quickly knew that is salt water.

Yunho : Changdol-ah, follow the package instruction as usual okay. Omo!... Rinse your nose first with the salt water then apply the strips. It’ll do you good.

Changmin :…

Yunho : Minnie, are you listening?

Changmin : Yes, I hear you clearly. I am not dead yet.

Yunho : Ekekekeke…

The day went by slowly. Yunho went into their gym and work out, making some calls, playing game quietly on his i-pad and watch some TV. Changmin sleeps all day in his room. Yunho only come in the room to bring his meal or medicine. And yes, he also nags him to be hydrated.

When he wakes up the next morning Yunho already bring him his breakfast to their bed. He takes a hot shower and feels so much better. He don’t remember how he went to sleep last night as he fights to breathe normally and his head ached as if it’s going to explode. However this morning he still had a bad stuffy nose and becoming more restless when he can’t do anything to reduce the stuffiness.

Changmin : Hyung, I use all the breathing strips and I don’t feel better! Palli get home!...

Yunho : Baby-yah.. It will irritate you for a few days..

Changmin : Hyung, please… I keep on sneezing and this only get worse. Besides I use up all tissues.

Yunho : Sit up. Keep your head raised.

Changmin : Hyung!!

Yunho : Put all the pillows behind you, make sure you sit up. It’ll reduce stuffiness. Sleep like that and I’ll be back after practice.

Changmin : ….

Yunho : Be good ok?.. Love you baby!

Changmin : I know you love me… BYE!

Changmin admit to himself that he feel a lot better after he follows Yunho’s instruction. He pouts his lips and started to make a sulky face. He knows he acts selfishly just now but half of what irritates him is because Yunho is not around.

Changmin : You should be here Hyung. I want you here. *sneezes and snorts*

He takes his medicine, shut down the TV and went to sleep. He only opens his eyes when Yunho enter their room. Yunho is sweating after his practice. With heavy breathing and short breath he greet his boy.

Yunho : Minnie, do you feel better?.. *touch Changmin’s face.. then neck*.. Ahhh.. No fever anymore. Good boy!!

Changmin : I am still sick Hyung.. *pouts*

Yunho : Your stuffy nose is making you feel uneasy still?

Changmin : Everything!.. My nose, my neck, my head, my eyes, my legs…. *cough a little* and my throat… *continue pouting*

Yunho : Really?..

Changmin : I am still sick!! Its killing me. *kicking inside his blanket*

Yunho : Owh.. Killing Minnie?.. Or is it because Minnie wants Yunnie to be at home with him?.. *making a sneaky smile*

Changmin : I am a full grown-up. An adult. Do you think I am a baby?... *look away from Yunho’s face*

Yunho : Hyung can do some massages if Minnie wants it?..

Changmin : I don’t need you!

Yunho : Hyung also can prepare a hot bath if you want. The steams may help your stuffy nose Minnie..

Changmin : …

Yunho : How about that?..

Changmin : Okay.. annddd..

Yunho : Annddd…. Your wish is my command Stuffy Nose Prince..

Changmin : Sleep beside me tonight. You know I don’t like pillows under my neck.

Yunho : Okay Bambi.. Everything for you.. My arm is yours tonight. *poking Changmin’s nose*

Yunho prepares Changmin hot bath and let him have his relaxing time in the tub. After a quick simple dinner they get on the bed Yunho starts to massage Changmin’s head as he promised until the younger fall asleep. Yunho smile when he heard the younger starts to snore. Yunho then switch off the light.

Changmin : Hyung..

Yunho : Oh, yes.. I almost forgot about it..

Yunho let out his arm and Changmin quickly snuggle his head closely besides his neck. Yunho adjust himself to make sure Changmin and him comfortable in the blanket and they both fall asleep together..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

BACK TO PRESENT TIME

Changmin look at the note closely and smile again. He quickly finishes up his favourite porridge Yunho make for him. He takes a long morning shower and brings the breakfast tray to the kitchen. He feel energetic and well again. He feel like joining his Hyung at the practice place today. Suddenly his phone rings.

Yunho : Bambi-yah, how do you feel?

Changmin : How dare you tell me I drool in my sleep in the note. I don’t drool okay, NEVER!..

Yunho : BAHAHAHAHA… You drools, you snores and you poke my face last nite baby. I wake up with a finger stuck in my nose.

Changmin : *laugh*.. Hyung…

Yunho : Yes Minnie…

Changmin : Please get sick…

Yunho : What?

Changmin : Get sick!... Get sick now.. I want to take care of you.

Yunho : Hahahahaha~~~

Changmin : You know I will take care of you right? At least as good as you take care of me..

Yunho : I know you will..

Changmin : I know you don’t get much of this.. but I LOVE YOU HYUNG.. I do feel so much better today.

Yunho : I LOVE YOU TOO BAMBI. Now palli come here. Practice is not complete without me peeking at your sweet swaying here and there. Practice is not the same without you.

Changmin : I know. Bye Hyung.. *hang up and smile*

Changmin then rushing upstairs to their room and get changed. He never felt better about going to the practice place. Of course, to get to practice.. and to get to meet his hyung.