Good Night (story for minminhyun)

A Story Café in SM Town

Customer: minminhyun

Order : Changmin and Yuri, with TVXQ - Good Night


 

 

 

I close the door and lock it. The darkness is welcoming me. It’s already midnight. This week I always go home late, so many works at office these days.

I replace my shoes with slippers, put my luggage on the couch, take my coat and tie off then put them on the couch too. I’m so tired and missing her so much.

I open the door of my room. This room is also dark, only the moonlight from window gives some sight to me. I close it slowly.

“Changmin oppa?” A weak voice startles me.

“Yuri? Haven’t you slept?” I ask back.

No answer, I only hear her sobbing which makes my heart jumps. The thing that I hate the most is seeing Yuri sad. I hurriedly go to the bed and I see Yuri is sitting on the middle of the bed. Her hair is messy and her eyes are teary. What’s happening to her?

I pull her into my embrace. “Yuri? What’s wrong?”

She sobs softly on my chest then shakes her head. “Nothing, Oppa. I’m afraid you won’t go home tonight.”

“You should’ve slept. You know I’m busy, you don’t have to wait for me.” I her back gently.

“I…I can’t sleep! I miss you so much. We only have time together in the morning.”

It makes me sad though, my works are really killing me. Now Yuri is sad because of me.

Yuri tightens her hug on my back. “I’m just missing you too much. Today is really hard for me. So many works and I made a stupid mistake at my office”

I know why Yuri is really sad now. She always talks to me whenever she gets hard time, but today I even can’t pick my phone when she called. Yuri is too nice and gentle, she won’t tell anyone about her hardship easily. But I know she’s strong enough to pass something even hard without me.

“I’m sorry. I swear, next week I won’t go home too late anymore. Everything will be okay soon. Trust me!”

I feel Yuri nods her head in my embrace. “I always trust you, Oppa.”

We’re hugging each other for a moment until Yuri stop sobbing. She leans her head on my chest while I keep her back and her hair.

“Yuri, are you sleeping?” I ask her almost whisper.

“Not yet.” Her voice is too weak, it seems she’s already sleepy.

I lay her on the bed slowly. I take the blanket and wrap our bodies with it. I pull her into my embrace again under the blanket.

“Oppa, I’m sleepy but I can’t sleep.”

I smile softly. I know what she means when she says that. “Well, listen to my lullaby then, my princess.”

She chuckles and it draws a big smile on my face. I always love to hear the voice of her small laughter.

I start to sing right on her ear.

Ama naeireun, naeireun, naeireun modeun ge da
Oneulboda gwaenchanhajil geora yaksokhae
Ijeneun geokjeong malgo nae pume angyeo baby
Aicheoreom gipge jami deureoyo
Baby, dreamin’ dreamin’ dreamin’
Oneulbamen haengbokhage utneun kkumman gadeukhal teni
Miso jitneun geudae moseup
Naeireun deo jal doel geoyeyo
Have a good good night
*


When I finish my lullaby, I hear a soft snore from her. I look at her sleeping face and as always it amazes me. Yuri always looks like an angel when she’s sleeping and I never get bored to see it.

I kiss her forehead. “Good night my princess and my wife, Shim Yuri.”


 

 

(*) lyric translation:

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow
Everything will probably be better than today, I promise
Now don’t worry and come into my arms baby
Fall into a deep sleep like a child
Baby, Dreamin’ Dreamin’ Dreamin’
Tonight, you will happily dream as you smile
You are smiling – tomorrow will be better
Have a good good night