Bluish

Minkey Drabble and Oneshot Collection ~

 

A pale hand adjusted the layers of clothing surrounding an equally fair neck, pulling it closer to skin in an effort to block out the autumn chill. Another sharp breeze blew past the boy, turning a slightly upturned nose into a ripe cherry. He sniffled, earning a prickly stab in his lungs as the cold air made its way through his body.

“Here,” a gentle voice sounded behind him, the owner wrapping a soft woolen scarf around him. “I hope that helps.”

The former turned around, pleasantly surprised by the presence of the boy in front of him; he was wide-eyed, tall, lanky, and had deep chestnut locks for hair. “Thank you,” he replied, a pretty pink colouring his cheeks.

“No problem,” the taller boy smiled, exposing two rows of perfect teeth. “I’m Minho. What’s your name?” He extended a tanned, slender hand.

“Key,” the other boy answered, shaking hands; the difference in skin tone was striking. “You have good taste in colour,” he remarked, noting the coral hue near his throat. He was rewarded with yet another dazzling smile.

“It looks perfect on you,” the brunette complimented, brushing a blond curl out of the other’s almost feline eyes.

Said blonde self-consciously touched his hair, a perfectly shaped spiral where it hung in between his eyes.

Frog-like eyes zeroed in on Key’s hand, noticing the bluish tinge of the skin. He gently took the cold hand, carefully watching his reaction for any sign of discomfort.

Instead, eyes closed at the sudden warmth, dark eyelashes against porcelain. “Ah,” he breathed, fingers relaxing as they were enveloped in body heat. Key’s other hand was eased out of a coat pocket, gently unfurled from a fist before being held between Minho’s.

“Better?”

Key offered a little sigh of contentment, nodding. “Thank you.” He paused, opening his eyes, his hands still firmly within the taller boy’s grasp. “I’ve been thanking you a lot,” he mused, nibbling his plush lower lip. “I should repay you.”

A deep chuckle sounded. “How about lunch tomorrow?”

The slighter of the two let out a peal of laughter at his eagerness, the melodious sound ringing throughout the air. “Two o’clock?”

Minho grinned, pleased. “I’ll walk you home.”

Still holding hands, they exited the park, each a warmer temperature despite the cold.

~~~