Date Night

Minkey Drabble and Oneshot Collection ~

 

He could not tear his gaze from the strikingly feline creature in front of him. Every movement was like a perfectly choreographed ballet: three seconds for a pinky to swirl in delicately layered whipped cream, two seconds to travel to pink lips; a satisfied smile immediately followed. He brought his own mug of steaming hot chocolate to his lips, taking a sip, and then setting it back down on the table as the liquid flooded his core.

The person sitting across from him mirrored his movements, revealing a white mustache as the drink was lowered. Trying to be discreet, he slid a creamy white napkin across the table, gesturing towards his own upper lip. A perfect pout formed into what resembled an ‘O’, cheeks hollowing with the movement whilst simultaneously turning a pretty pink, the colour flowing upwards until it touched ears which were more metal than skin. Fingers grazed the blemish free cheek in what was meant as a comforting gesture, but only served to deepen the blush. The hand was swatted away and a mouth was dabbed. A low hiss came from clenched teeth, too low for any passersby to hear, but the offender had no problems understanding the words: “They’ll see.”

He lightly bumped the other’s foot in apology; he was rewarded with a gentle, wistful smile, complete with a dimple. ‘You can’t forget,’ he chided himself. He could not imagine life without this perfect creature. That wasn’t a life; that was living Hell.

“Drink,” a soft voice urged him, nudging his mug back in his direction. He followed the order, taking a mouthful of the sweet beverage and swallowing.

Bells chimed as the café door opened, bringing with it a group of all-too-familiar teenagers. The person across from him turned a sickening shade of gray. Chocolate eyes widened, creating a picture of pure fright.

He stood up, trying not to be noticed by the newcomers. He offered his hand to help the other, who was still frozen in fear, doing his best to speed up their escape. He looked over his shoulder, double-checking the coast was clear, and then clasped his boyfriend’s hand as they fled the premises.

They found themselves in a park, about 800 meters away from where they had shared hot chocolate. The blonde's chest was heaving, his lips blue. "Minho," he gasped, clinging to his arms while his rapid breathing continued.

"Shh, relax," the taller boy comforted, pulling him into his chest. "Key, baby, you're fine. I'm right here; they're not going to hurt you."

Taking a few deep breaths, Key finally calmed down enough that he wasn't shaking. "Minho," he sighed, his body relaxing into the warmth that was his boyfriend.

"Better?" Minho smiled, gently cradling his face with his hands.

"I was so worried they -" Key was cut off as familiar lips pressed against his, drawing out all of his insecurities.

Suddenly, it didin't matter what anyone else though about them being together; this person was beautiful, and amazing, and warm, and Minho, and that was all that he needed. ~


hello,

first time writing minkey but I'm in an interesting mood rn so /le shrug/ why not xD

hope you like my crap ^^

subscribers and comments are appreciated

and thank you for reading<3