Penguin Appa.

Wallflowers.

Kris and Kai woke up early the next morning to be ready for their first class. Kris had almost stayed up all night in a trance thinking about Suho. He was still somewhat in a daze when they began their trek to Band Practice.

"Are you even sure that was Suho?" Kai asked adjusting his collar and struggling with his tuba in his other arm.

"I would know him anywhere..." Kris said dreamily. Kai looked up smirking.

"Kris this is college. We shouldn't be like this." 

"I know," Kris sighed, "but when did he decide to go here? Did he say something about it at graduation?"

"Yeah, he did say something," Kris looked down at Kai and Kai continued, "you know, right after me and him went Jellyfishing together."

Kris faced him, "Can you just go dig a hole and sleep there for the rest of your life?"

"You'll miss me too much." Kai replied.

"I'll live." Kris said shortly walking into the band room.

"Now that's unkind."

 

Kris and Kai walked into the band room finding two chairs beside each other and sitting down quickly. They were still nervous about this entire college thing so they sat quietly just looking around the room.  Kai tried to balance his tuba case and it bumped against a music stand knocking music sheets onto the person adjacent to him. The guy was sprawled out in his chair with a fitted cap over his face. He twitched when the papers fell on him and Kai began apologizing. The man sat up, stretched and yawned. Then the fitted cap fell off his face.

"Oh look it's the boys from across the hall." He smiled.

"Chanyeol? You're in this class?" Kris asked leaning in front of Kai so he could see Chanyeol better.

"What!" Chanyeol exclaimed, "Heavens no! What am I doing here? I thought this room was empty! Now I'm surrounded by band geeks!" Chanyeol jumped up and stormed to the door.

"Park Chanyeol... please sit down." The teacher said monotonously, "We are not gonna do this again."

Kai and Kris looked confused, along with the rest of the class.

Chanyeol smiled and sat back down, "I'm just kidding guys, I am in this class."

Kris faced him. 

Everybody's a comedian.

Kai looked like he had a question to ask but he never opened his mouth, Chanyeol saw this and helped him out.

"What was your name again," Chanyeol asked, "Kris? Kevin?"

"I-I'm K-kai," Kai uttered pointing at himself, "and that's K-K-Kris." He pointed a shaky hand at Kris and Kris rolled his eyes. Poor Kai was on the verge of a spaz attack. 

"Oh," Chanyeol's lips formed an 'o' and he nodded, "I knew it was something with a K."

Kai's eyes darted up quickly then shot back to the floor just as quickly.

"Kai," Chanyeol called quietly. Kai looked up moving his bangs from in front of his eyes.

"Neh?"

"Do you want to say something?"

Kai nodded. Kai wanted to ask Chanyeol what instrument he played. It was obvious with Kai's huge tuba case what instrument he played. Kai didn't know what Chanyeol played but he couldn't get the words to form into something coherent before Kris looked over at the scene and shoved Kai's shoulder.

"Stop talking or we'll get in trouble idiot." Kris harshly whispered. Kai reluctantly turned back the teacher who was talking about possible performance opportunities. Kai sighed and leaned his head on his hands. When he actually wanted to talk, words didn't form fast enough. Next to him Chanyeol cleared his throat, Kai looked over and he was holding up a pair drumsticks. Kai made an 'o' with his lips and smiled turning back to the teacher. Kai subtly tugged on the bottom of Kris's shirt. 

"Mwo?" Kris asked without turning to look at Kai.

"He plays the drums." Kai whispered with a smile.

"Cool. Now you can start paying attention, neh?" Kris cocked a brow and glanced over Kai. Kai smiled and focused back on the teacher.

"Arasso." He whispered back. Chanyeol smirked at Kai's simpleness, returning his attention back to the teacher also.

"Ok now class, let's get your instruments out and do a warm up. It's a song you're all familiar with I'm sure. It's Ode to Joy!" The teacher said a little too enthusiastically. Chanyeol went to the front of his class grabbing a snare drum and returning to his seat. Kai was putting the mouthpiece on his tuba. Kris was piecing together his... flute? Chanyeol chuckled and then it turned into a full blown laughing fit. Kai and Kris looked over at him with confused faces. Chanyeol coughed pushing his long hair behind his ear and grabbing his drumsticks.

"Is something the matter Park Chanyeol?" the teacher asked.

Chanyeol shook his head, then burst into another laughing fit.

The teacher stared at him dully as she raised her conductor's wand, "Park Chanyeol... please excuse yourself if you need to. Okay now class on the count of three." Chanyeol gathered himself for a moment. He was prepared to begin until Kris raised his flute to his mouth and Chanyeol ran out of the room with tears in his eyes. Kris looked at Kai for an answer. Kai just shrugged as much as he could with a tuba in his arms. 

Who would have thought Kris played the flute?

~~~

As soon as class was out Kris and Kai returned to their dorm and Kris plopped on the bed. Kai set his tuba down, tripping over Kris's flute case. 

"Don't hurt my baby!" Kris cried.

"Oh, sorry," Kai said, slipping into the bathroom.

Once Kris heard the water from the shower running, he left the dorm room to go sit on the steps. Kris wanted another chance to see Suho. He had been thinking about him all morning. Kris had fantasized over Suho all of his high school career. Suho was perfect. At least in Kris's mind he was. In high school, Suho was a kind hearted guy, always helping others, always getting good grades, always making friends even with the teachers. He always had a smile on and that smile made him even more approachable... but Kris still couldn't approach him.

Kris sighed leaning his head to the left and leaning on the railing of the staircase, "What am I doing?" He asked himself. Kris was waiting for another chance to see Suho but if he got the chance to, he probably still wouldn't talk to him. Admittedly, Kris was a better conversationalist than Kai but nothing made sense when Suho was around. Kris smiled patting his cheeks from the small blush that was creeping onto them. "What am I? A little girl or something?" He shook his head fast and then let it fall against the staircase railing. 

We shouldn't be like this...

Kai's words repeated in his brain. Kris knew that he wasn't supposed to be like this, like a school girl in college, but Suho. Suho was the cause of all of this. Suho was becoming a distraction again, just like in high school and Kris hadn't seen him nothing but once. Kris started doubting that it even was Suho that he saw, he probably just wished it was Suho. He must have just had Suho on his mind and was seeing things. Kris sighed heavily when two people came up the steps and they weren't Suho. 

"Hey look it's the boy from across the hall!" Chanyeol said grabbing Sehun's waist from behind and shaking him back and forth. Sehun removed his hands, aggravatingly.

"Hey Kris, what are you doing out here?" Sehun asked looking around. Kris ruffled his hair nervously and stood up. Kris was sitting on the stairs alone looking like a sad puppy and now he had to give an explanation for that? Embarrassing to say you've been sitting in the hall desperately waiting for someone who would never come. Kris began to walk back up the steps.

"I was just getting some air." Kris replied. Smooth.

"Is Kam being too much for you?" Chanyeol asked, while trying to grab Sehun's hand. 

"It's Kai. Not Kam." Kris corrected.

"Okay. Kai, Kai, Kai. Got it. Something with a K. I'll get it, I'll get it." Chanyeol smiled having finally cornered Sehun's hand in his pocket. Sehun whined a little then turned back to Kris.

"You know if you wanted fresh air you could have gone outside..."

"I'll remember that next time," Kris dejectedly said. He couldn't tell them that he was only sitting on the stairs to try and catch a glimpse of Suho again. Kris just got to college, he couldn't embarrass himself by the second day. When he returned to the dorm room Kai was laying on his bed checking his email.  Kai looked over his shoulder and then turned right back to his laptop's screen.

"Hey Kris, did you see Suho again yet?"

Kris glared at the back of Kai's head. He wanted to deny that he was waiting to see him again, but Kai knew him too well.

"I know you were looking for him, don't even try that truth." Kai said. Kris facepalmed and sat down against the door.

"I'm pathetic, aren't I?" Kris said with his head in his folded arms. Kai turned around and sat cross-legged on his bed.

"You're not pathetic Kris. You're just subconsciously biding your time."

"How do I stop that?" Kris asked.

"You don't. You see Kris you're like a penguin appa."

"A penguin app--"

"Yes, precisely. You're waiting for Suho, the penguin umma to come to you. You see, at the moment you are currently sitting on the egg of love and waiting for it to hatch while Suho is off doing his own dealings for like 2 months? Well, to be specific 65 days. Hmm that's a long time to be sitting on an egg Penguin Appa. I'm sure you'll do it though, for Penguin Umma. What does the penguin ummas do for those days? Are they out partying with the other penguin ummas? I mean, they say they're going to get food but how long does it take to get food. They probably just wanted a vacation from raising penguin aegi. Those selfish penguin ummas! They go party while penguin ap--"

"Kai!" Kris snatched Kai from his tangent on penguins, "Just shut up."

Kai nodded and when back to his email, "Arasso, Penguin Appa."

 


Author's Note: Chapter two chapter two~ Originally I was gonna name this chapter Band Practice but... then Kai started rambling and ta-dah. You are welcome. haha jaja heehee hoohoo (sorry. Zico's Sam is stuck in my head.) But yeah, Kris and Suho the leader couple aww. I wanted you to somewhat see the differences between Kai and Kris and also get a little more of how Kris functions. Kris... playing a flute because of reasons. haha ok sarang14 suggested it and I my mind just went to town, grabbed a Lunchable and a DOnut then sat back and exploded with glitter and nachos because all I thought about was this when I think of Kris playing a flute. So... you're welcome. Please enjoy. =*CheeDragon.