Paid in Pizza.

Wallflowers.

 

Kai heard the door click and the light from the hallway cast shadows on his wall. Kris had just gotten back from math class and flicked the lights of the room on.

 

"Kai, what are you doing?" 

 

"Mmeve me meronnnd mu myyyy." Kai mumbled. He was laying face down on a pillow. Kris tossed his backpack on his bed and went to pull Kai's head up. Kris grabbed him by the hair and pulled him up.

 

"What did you say?" Kris asked confused.

 

"I said, 'leave me alone to die~" Kai said groggily, slapping Kris's hand away from him. Kai's face hit the pillow again. Kai didn't want to tell Kris about his run in with Kyungsoo because he didn't want to tell him how he messed up but if anyone would understand, it would be his best friend, Kris. Kris made a face and then rushed across the room to get his books for his next class.

 

"Kai, what's wrong?"

 

Kai lifted his head off his pillow an inch to glance at Kris. Groaning and returning to the comfort of his pillow. He knew by the way Kris was rushing around that he really didn't have the time to talk.

 

"Kris don't ask if you don't have the time to listen." Kai replied solemnly.

 

Kris frowned. It was true, he didn't have the time. He had to rush over to Formal Composition and that was all the way across campus. He couldn't manage his time right yet. Though, Kris didn't want to leave his friend alone in the state that he was in.

 

"Promise to tell me later then?" Kris pat Kai on his back and Kai nodded as much as he could with his face in the pillow. Kris then stood up, shoving his textbook in his backpack and left the room.

 

"Hey, boy from across the hall!" Chanyeol shouted as he rushed to Kris.

 

Kris's face dead panned when he saw who was calling him. He just shook his head and rushed down the steps, ignoring Chanyeol.

 

"Well, attitude much." Chanyeol tsked and knocked on Kai's door.

 

There was no answer but Chanyeol knew he was in there so he tried the knob. It was open. For the second time that day light rushed in over a depressed Kai. Chanyeol looked around the room and ran over and jumped on Kai when he saw him.

 

"Kyle, Kyle, Kyle!" Chanyeol shouted bouncing up and down on Kai's bed like a 4 year old. 

 

Kai rolled over rather irritated and glared at the door then back at Chanyeol. Kris had left the door unlocked.

 

"Damn you Kris." Kai murmured.

 

"What was that?" Chanyeol asked flopping down and sitting on Kai. Kai looked at the 100 and something bag of flesh sitting on his stomach. His long hair was slipping from his ponytail from all the jumping around he did just previously. Kai was annoyed firstly but embarrassed secondly because of the compromising position he had found himself in with Chanyeol.

 

"My name is not Kyle. It's Kai, no L." He shifted uncomfortably under Chanyeol's weight and Chanyeol just laughed.

 

"Oh~ Kai~. I'm getting closer. You've got to admit that."

 

"N-neh, now will you g-get off me?"

 

Chanyeol put his hands on each side of Kai's head and shook his head 'no' while smiling.

 

"Why n-not?" Kai uttered. He hadn't been in many situations like this all his high school life so he wasn't exactly sure what to expect and these thoughts passed through his mind because Chanyeol was a little unpredictable.

 

"I have a question."

 

"Well, ask." Kai responded.

 

"My friend's getting a new tv for video games. Isn't that awesome?!" Chanyeol sat up and clapped his hands together happily.

 

"Yay for you guys." Kai said in a mock enthusiasm.

 

"Yeah, but that's beside the point, " Chanyeol's face became serious again, "I need you to help me out. We need help carrying the tv because he's too short and I'm too tall. It's a hassle and I was like I know a taller who could help us so that's why I'm here could you help us?"

 

Kai squinted at the slim chatterbox pressing against his stomach. He just wanted to be left alone so that he wouldn't embarrass himself even more but everyone seemed to want to start a conversation with him. Kai's eyes flicked over to the door and his heart palpitated. If anyone walked by the door they would see Chanyeol on top of him like this and think something of it. Kai was always the one to get caught and no quicker than that thought passed his head someone did pass by and see them.

 

"Hey Chanyeol did you find… oh," the boy scratched his head and slowly back out the door, "I didn't know you were… I'll just um leave?"

 

"No no Suho come in," Chanyeol waved him in and took a finger and pointed at Kai, "this is the guy."

 

Kai's body tensed. It was Suho. The Suho. The Suho who was his best friend's crush since he's known him. The Suho who was Kyungsoo's best friend. Kyungsoo the love of Kai's life… in which he's just embarrassed himself in front of. Now he was laying awkwardly with Chanyeol on top of him, embarrassed again.

 

"Suho this is Kai?" Chanyeol looked to Kai for recognition. He had finally remembered Kai's name. With a nod from Kai he proceeded, "Yeah Kai. Ok and Kai this is my friend Suho." 

 

Kai looked at Suho and he bowed. So respectful, just like high school  Kai thought.

 

"So, can you help us," Suho asked as he raised his head from his bow.

 

Kai nodded quickly partly because he was too nervous to speak, but mostly because he couldn't get air to his lungs fast enough, because of Chanyeol.

 

"Perfect!" Chanyeol clapped his hands together, standing up and pulling Kai's body off the bed.

 

~~~

 

"Ow! Chanyeol don't move it!" Kai screamed. Second time today. Yes, the second time today Kai got hurt by a door. Kai and Chanyeol had managed to get the new TV into the dorm and up the elevator but Chanyeol had moved to fast when they were trying to get into Suho's dorm and smashed Kai's hand. Suho took over and they got the TV situated on top of the stand. Quickly after they closed the room door and rushed over to help Kai.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Chanyeol repeated.

 

Suho rushed over to the mini fridge and pulled out an ice pack.

 

"Chanyeol, I told you to be careful," Suho scolded while placing the ice pack gently on Kai's fingers. I cringed when the pack was compressed. 

 

"I didn't mean to honestly." Chanyeol looked at Kai with his round eyes and Kai shrugged him off.

 

"It's ok, Chanyeol, I guess I'm just accident prone."

 

"I'll make it up to you. How about I order pizza?" 

 

Kai's eyes lit up at the sound of pizza and Chanyeol took that as a yes, then rushed off to put his order in. 

 

Suho wiggled Kai's fingers making him hiss.

 

"Oops, sorry. I'm just checking to make sure nothing's broken." Suho said calmly.

 

"Well I don't think they are, but thanks anyway."

 

"Just to be sure let me check all of them," Suho's hands moved nimbly over Kai's knuckles. Kai cringed with every move but he was positive they weren't broke.

 

"Ok they said the pizza will be ready in like 15 minutes." Chanyeol said coming back into the room. Suho nodded and reached for a controller. 

 

"Wanna play til it's done?"

 

"Hells yeah." Chanyeol said reaching for another controller and sitting down right next to Chanyeol. Kai felt more uncomfortable now being in between a giant touchy Chanyeol and Kris's future husband Suho. 

 

The game began and all Kai could think about was telling Kris. Kris wouldn't believe that Suho lived 3 doors down from them. Kai would've just texted him if it wasn't for Chanyeol and the whole hand smashing incident. So Kai just watched Suho and Chanyeol run around an empty building and try to kill each other on some James Bond game.

 

There was a knock at the door and Chanyeol and Suho were too into the game to get to it so Kai got up and got the pizza. Sitting back down on the bed comfortably because Suho and Chanyeol had moved to the floor. As soon as Kai opened the box a pair of hands instant reached out and stole a slice. Kai blinked looking at Suho and Chanyeol's multitasking with one slice in one hand and the other on the controller. 

 

"Thanks for answering the door Kai." Suho said with his eyes focused on the screen. He had just killed Chanyeol again. Chanyeol groaned. Kai smiled. Suho was so nice. Kris would love this, he was sure.

 

"Yeah, thanks cutiepie~" Chanyeol sang. He stood up, pinched Kai's cheek and grabbed another slice of pizza heading for the mini fridge. Kai blushed. In the short period of time that he's known Chanyeol, Kai began to notice that he does things like that often. Maybe Sehun was right and it really wasn't  what Kai thought it was. 

 

Suho reached for another slice and saw Kai staring at Chanyeol, not missing the red tinting of his cheeks.

 

"Kai, do you like Chanyeol?"

 

Kai snapped from his thoughts and looked at Suho confused, "Huh?"

 

'Do you like, have a crush on Chanyeol?" 

 

Chanyeol turned around and his eyes momentarily met with Kai's. Kai tried to fight his blush by turning away but his eyes were just met with Suho's smirking face.

 

"You have a crush on me sweetheart?" Chanyeol cooed wrapping his arm over Kai's shoulder as he plopped down next to him on the bed.

 

"I-I really don't." Kai stuttered.

 

"It's okay if you do, I'm not judging." Suho smiled.

 

"IT'S REALLY NOT LIKE THAT!" Kai shouted, shrugging Chanyeol off his shoulder.

 

"Playing hard to get eh?" Chanyeol said, walking his fingers up Kai's arm. Kai shivered and scooted away from him.

 

Suho saw how nervous Kai got from the question and decided to drop it.

 

"I'm sorry Kai, I was just asking. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." He apologized.

 

Kai took a deep breath before he had an explosion of awkwardness. Kai glanced angrily at Chanyeol and then smirked, "I'm sure we all know that Chanyeol is in love with Sehun anyway."

 

Chanyeol's mouth form a straight line and a blush crept up his neck.

 

Suho saw this and rolled on the floor with laughter, "Aw man Chanyeol. He caught you. You can't even deny it."

 

Kai chuckled too. He didn't know Chanyeol would be that sensitive about Sehun. It was obvious he liked him. They were always publicly on display together. Chanyeol turned back to the video game.

 

"Shut up Kai." Chanyeol kicked Suho playfully, "You too Suho."

 

"It's just so funny. I've know you for years and I've noticed it, but this guy," he pointed at Kai, "He's known you for what? A day? 2 days? and he's already noticed it. Just ask him out Yeollie."

 

Kai was chewing on a slice of pizza and waiting for Chanyeol's reply. Chanyeol just sighed his shoulders were heavy.

 

"I don't think Sehun is… ready for that." 

 

"What do you mean? Yeollie of course he wants you." Suho pat his leg.

 

"Oh I know that." Chanyeol said suggestively, a smirk tugging the corner of his mouth darkly.

 

Suho quickly removed his hand, "Andddddddd now it's awkward."

 

Kai laughed at Suho, mentally taking notes for Kris. Suho was a pretty cool guy. Kai didn't feel so awkward around him. It must have been his calming effect or maybe it was because Chanyeol was the center of attention. He shrugged and continued eating pizza. 

 

"You should ask him out, formally." Kai said absently with his eyes focused on his next slice of pizza.

 

"I agree with Kai." Suho nodded and Chanyeol looked at both of them.

 

"You guys don't get it because you're single--"

 

"You're single too fool." Suho chimed.

 

"Yeah," Chanyeol blushed again, "but I have Sehun…"

 

Kai smiled. They were so cute. Earlier Sehun had tried to deny his feelings, but Chanyeol on the other hand, wore his feelings on his sleeve.

 

"Right right. Ok so what do we understand. Illustrate it for us." Suho sat up and crossed his legs to listen to Chanyeol.

 

"It's like… ok. Imagine the person you like the most right now…" 

 

Kai instantly thought of Kyungsoo and smiled.

 

"Whoa calm down Kai." Suho teased. 

 

Kai bit his lip, "Sorry."

 

Chanyeol smiled, then turned to Suho, "Suho do you have somebody in mind?"

 

"I don't like anyone right now." He replied.

 

Mentally noted, for the sake of Kris Kai thought.

 

"Ugh, you're always being difficult," Chanyeol pouted and turned to Kai to finish the conversation, "Ok, well, Kai. I'm sure you got that person in your head."

 

Kai nodded.

 

"Well, now, picture yourself confessing to them and they returned your feelings. Then boom, you're in a relationship right after the confession."

 

Kai smiled. If only he had confessed to Kyungsoo in the hallway… but that would have been weird. But still it was a nice thought.

 

"Ok Kai, now let's say you confessed to that person, and they denied you."

 

Kai's face dropped dramatically. Suho even looked a little defeated.

 

"That's gotta be hard," He said.

 

"I would hate that the most." Kai said softly sighing. So much for confessing. Sorry Soo.

 

"Yeah, exactly," Chanyeol groaned falling back against the bed.

 

"It'll be fine Yeollie, just don't think like at." Suho pat his knee again.

 

"I just don't want ruin things we already have." Chanyeol sighed, "If I confess and we get to move forward in our relationship, that would be… cool beans. But if I confess and we move further away from each other I would be…"

 

"Lost?" Kai added.

 

"Exactly."

 

Kai knew the feeling. He had thought about it countless times in high school every time he wanted to approach Kyungsoo with a note, or a gift, or just confess to him when he was alone in the hallways. He could never do it and now was suffering a single life for that. Kai knew exactly how Chanyeol felt.

 

"Don't beat yourself up too much." Suho said.

 

"Yeah, maybe he'll come around. Just look for hints that he wants to be more." Kai said closing the pizza box and dusting off his hands.

 

Suho and Chanyeol both looked at Kai curiously.

 

"You really think so?" Chanyeol asked. 

 

"Trust me, you guys are like Newton's First Law of Motion."

 

Suho and Chanyeol both exchanged confused glances. 

 

"You know," Kai said amazed that they weren't familiar, "Newton's first law? Inertia? Objects in motion stay in motion in motion until a force acts upon it? You and Sehun are obvious in motion and you just keep moving continuously in the same direction until some other force acts upon you two. Hopefully it's a good force and not a malignant force that pulls you two apart until you guys further apart from each other but I really don't think something like that would happened because I mean you guys are obviously made for each other and attract like protons and electrons. Unless Sehun is a neutron… Was he a neutron?"

 

Kai's phone buzzed in his pocket. Chanyeol and Suho were sitting their trying to decipher what just spilled from Kai's mouth. Kai tapped his phone's screen and saw that he received a text message from Kris.

 

From: FannyPack

 

where are you? why was there blood on your pillow? are you hurt? 

 

"Guys, I have to go. It was nice meeting you Suho." Kai bowed and text Kris back.

 

To: FannyPack

 

ill be there in a second. ive got something to tell you

 

"It was nice meeting you too Kai." Suho stood up and returned to bow, letting Kai out of the room. 

 

"Thank you." Kai turned to walk back to his dorm before Kris popped a blood vessel. He had totally forgot about the blood from his nosebleed. He rushed because he wanted to tell Kris about how close he just got with Suho and Chanyeol. Pretty soon he could hook his friend up with the boy he had been swooning over for years. It made him happy to know that he had a chance to make Kris happy. 

 

He skipped the short distance to his room and unlocked to door. Sehun had just walked to his own room giggling with some other guy. Sehun looked up when Kai was unlocking the door.

 

"Hey, Kai, have you seen Chanyeol?" Sehun called. 

 

Kai opened the door, "Yeah he's down the hall with… Su… ho." Kai's voice trailed off when he saw who Sehun was standing with. The boy looked up and waved instantly recognizing him.

 

"Oh hey sorry for earlier I was trying to find you and um apolo--"

 

"Kai! OMG ARE YOU OK?" Kris came out of the room and snatched Kai into his embrace interrupting Kyungsoo. Sehun raised a brow and pulled Kyungsoo towards Suho's dorm.

 

"We'll just leave them alone." Sehun said to Kyungsoo and he nodded.

 

Kai pushed Kris off him gently. Great. Could anymore strikes have been made in one day? 

 

Damn you Kris for being so caring.

 

 

 


Author's Note: Ok, back. I know this chapter didn't have much Kris in it and a majority was Chanyeol but I have to put the lovely Suho in here some kind of way. Relationships are becoming stronger and some relationships are in the process of blooming. Next chapter should be KrisHo? Right? I think I might fast forward to the weekend too. Can you believe these events happened all in one day (I think lol).  Mild cliffhanger, don't be bothered by it too much. Enjoy and comment.^^ =*CheeDragon.