Kim Misty.

Wallflowers.

Kai turned and faced Kris angrily. Kris was checking Kai's face with a fretful expression. Kai took one last look into the hallways and saw Sehun and Kyungsoo rushing to Chanyeol's room. He slammed the door behind him and stomped from Kris's grasp, flopping on the bed. Kris looked on, puzzled.

"What? What's wrong?"

Kai crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Kris, you're embarrassing."

"Wait what? Why? I didn't do anything but worry about you!" 

"You embarrassed me in front of Kyungsoo, Kris! KYUNG SOO." He ruffled his bangs in frustration.

"What do you mean, K-Kyungsoo?" Kris stuttered. His eyes softened when he looked at Kai. At first he was angry with Kai for being irrational but now he understood Kai's anger. 

"I mean Kyungsoo Kyungsoo, Kris. You know, like gym class with Mrs. Kang, Kyungsoo? Like love of my life Kyungsoo!" Kai fell back against his bed and threw a mini tantrum.

Kris rushed back over to the door to check if Kyungsoo was still there. Of course he wasn't though. Kris closed the door and came back to sit next to Kai.

"I'm sorry Kai, I didn't know," Kris sighed, he knew how big of a deal is once Kyungsoo was mentioned. He was just worried, he honestly didn't see Kyungsoo.

Kai sighed, "Gwenchana, Kris, gwenchana."

Kai saw Kris sitting on the edge of his bed with his head hung.

"I was... just worried."

"I said it's okay Kris," Kai sat up and pat his back. He already knew how his best friend was and he wanted to just forgive him and have this bad moment obliterated before it got worse. He knew Kris was sincere. He got worried sometimes, this was nothing new.

"Sorry, again."

"Kris," Kai plastered a smile on his face, "It's okay. I forgot about the blood ok? I ran into a door earlier but--"

"A door?" Kris's eyebrows shot up to his hairline," When did this happen? What were you even doi--"

"Kris," Kai held up a hand, "It's a long story, let me finish."

Kris nodded and zipped his mouth closed with an imaginary zipper.

"Ok," Kai continued, "So besides the door, guess who I met today?"

"Who?"

"Suho."

"S-s-suho? Wha? How?"

"Listen, Kris. Remember when you left for class? Yeah. So Chanyeol came to bother me--"

"Yeah, he came to me too before I lef--"

"Kris." Kai said flatly. Kris put his hand over his mouth but this time he pretended to lock it with a key. He threw the imaginary key away and stared at Kai with anxious eyes.

"Sorry Kai, I... just get to the Suho part. I'm going crazy." Kris grasped his chest.

"I'm getting to it, I'm getting to it. Ok, so Chanyeol was bothering me about helping him move some TV because his friend was too short to and guess who his friend was?"

"Suho!" Kris shouted throwing his hands in the air as if this was a victory cheer.

"Exactly," Kai shooked Kris's shoulder, "And after Chanyeol smashed my hand we hung out ALL AFTERNOON."

"Jeongmalyo?" Kris was now giddy with excitement. "What did you guys do?'

"We ate pizza and play games and... we umm... talked about boys."

"BOYS. Oh my god, what did he said. Is he single... Does he..." Kris paused cautiously, worried to what the answer of his next question would be, " Does he like boys?" Kris looked up into Kai's eyes and beamed.

"Yes, he is single and he doesn't even have a crush right now. As for the liking boys thing, I think I'd be safe to assume that he does. I mean, he's not bothered by Chanyeol and Sehun being together and he's known Chanyeol for a while."

"I guess I'll have to find out myself..." Kris said more to himself than Kai. On the inside Kris could not even stay as calm as he looked to Kai. This was great news. First he had found out that the boy, he's been pining over all high school went to the same college as him, now he find's out that he's single and Kai knows him. Kris zoned out of the rest of Kai's conversation. He was busy thinking about how cute it would be when Kai hooked him and Suho up together.

"Wait, so Kai, what you're saying is that... you can, like get me and Suho together?"

"Well, um yeah. I can certainly try. I mean I'm- I think I'm getting the hang of this socially awkward thing. Or maybe I'm just learning to deal with people like Chanyeol... Hmmm I don't know..." Kai trailed off and Kris stood up and spun around the room. 

"This has got to be the greatness news ever~" Kris sang as he continued spinning. 

Kai looked at his friend and got up and started spinning with him, "This year Suho will know your feelings~"

"Exactly, he will be mine. I'm sure!" Kris replied.

Kris and Kai continued spinning around the room until they got dizzy and fell on their beds passing out instantly with a smile.

 

⚛ ⚛ ⚛

 

Kris didn't want to wake up when his alarm went off. He pouted and slapped a hand against the clock. He already missed the days where his mom would gently shake his shoulder to wake him up. Kris swung his feet over the side of his bed and rubbed his eyes. Kai was sprawled out on the other bed sleeping wildly as usual. It was astounding how the alarm easily woke up Kris but had no effect on Kai. Kris walked over to his bed, slightly off balanced and not fully awake yet.

"Kai~ wakey wakey~" Kris shook his shoulder gently and the latter didn't stir.

"Come on Kai, we have class in an hour." Kris shook his shoulder a bit rougher but Kai just groaned and cuddled up closer to his pillow. Kris groaned and ruffled his hair.

"Why are you always so hard to wake up!" Kris was frustrated and got the brilliant idea to hit Kai with an "Indian Pap" until he woke up.

Kris placed both his hands on Kai's back and started slapping away, "In-di-an Pap! In-di-an Pap! Indi, Indi, Indi, Indi, In-di-an pap!"

Kai grunted and rolled over whining, "Ok ok! Stop hitting me! I'm up. What is wrong with you?"

Kai sat up sleepily, squinting at Kris. Kris leaned back and folded his arms.

"Get up we have Chemistry class today."

"I don't even know Kim Misty..." 

"Kai, wake up," Kris snatched a pillow and struck him with it, "It's not Kim Misty it's Chemistry. You know like, science. Your favorite subject."

Kris walked to the bathroom where his shower was ready. Kai eyes widened when what Kris said had registered. He had loved science every since he was little and his mom bought his first microscope. Kai rushed to the shower taking off his pajama shirt in the process and hopped in the shower with Kris.

"Kai what are you--ANDWAE! Get out!"

"It'll be quicker if we do it together."

"Get out~" Kris pushed him.

"Hajima~" Kai whined.

"Ugh. Bwoya~"

"Kris~ Jebal! I want to be on time."

"Stay on that side, and don't touch me with that!"

"I won't, I won't."

"Why are you hard anyway?" Kris groaned.

"It's the morning..." was the only answer Kai offered.

"Face that way and you better not touch me."

"Arasso, arasso." Kai smiled and continued showering with an angry Kris.

 

⚛ ⚛ ⚛

 

Kris and Kai got to Chemistry lab early because Kai was so anxious. Science classes were where he felt most at home because it came naturally to him. When Kai and Kris walked into Chemistry lab they saw two familiar faces. The taller one with the longer hair was looming over shorter one. Kai smirked and whispered to Kris, "They are totally dating." Kris laughed, pulling Chanyeol from his hourly siege of Sehun's face.

"Hey look Sehunnie it's the boys from across the hall!" Chanyeol smiled brightly and waved them over to the near empty table in front of them. There was a small guy already sitting there but Chanyeol ground his fist into his palm and told him to move. Kai watched him scurry away and Sehun rolled his eyes.

"You guys can sit right here," Chanyeol smiled tapping the now empty seats in front of him.

"Um... Thanks," Kris said.

"So you guys aren't dating? Hmph could've fooled me." Kai said to Sehun.

Sehun blushed and fixed his fringe, "Stop saying that."

Chanyeol smiled, seeing that Sehun was uncomfortable he added to it and rubbed his hand up and down his thigh. Sehun tensed up and slapped his hand away suddenly. 

"So I guess we're all in the same class for once." Chanyeol said.

"Yeah! Science~ Science, science, science." Kai sang and clapped his hands together while his head tipped from side to side in time with his clapping. Kris looked around awkwardly then gently grabbed Kai's wrist and put his hands down shaking his head.

Sehun giggled.

"Sorry." Kai said rubbing his hands on his pants.

"I take it you like science." Sehun stated the obvious.

"It's more like he--"

"I love science." Kai said cutting Kris off. 

"Oh Kai~" Chanyeol pinched his cheeks, "Kyeopta~" 

"Yah!" Kai protested. 

"Such a cute little nerd~" Chanyeol cooed.

Sehun smacked Chanyeol's thigh, "Cut it out Yeol."

Chanyeol smiled and pulled Sehun's seat as close as it could be next to him then hugged him. Sehun rolled his eyes and Kris laughed.

"I see what you were talking about now Kai."

Kai nodded with his back to them. He was getting out a notebook to take notes in when the teacher arrived. He didn't want to miss a thing.

"You guys were talking about us?" Chanyeol asked, "Well we were talking about you too!" Chanyeol stuck out his tongue.

"Juvenile." Kai mumbled, shaking his head. 

"No we weren't." Sehun said flatly trying to inch his chair away from Chanyeol with no avail because Chanyeol just kept pulling him right back.

"Yes we were, Sehunnie, remember? You and Kyungie?"

Kai tensed up and dropped his pencil at the mention of Kyungsoo's name. Kai had tried to push Kyungsoo out of his mind for the time being because he had messed up so many times in one day already. He just knew he didn't have a chance of running into his beloved again. But according to Chanyeol, Sehun and Kyungsoo had been talking about he and Kris. Kyungsoo had been talking about me Kai thought. He didn't want to turn around but he kept listening to the conversation. Good thing Kris was by his side to ask the questions his mouth couldn't form.

"You guys are friends with Kyungsoo?"

They both nodded.

"We used to go to daycare together," Sehun laughed.

"Yeah, they've been friends forever that's how I met Sehunnie," Chanyeol rubbed his hand up Sehun's thigh again.

"So, why were you talking about us?" Kris asked.

"Kyungie asked if you two were together," Sehun replied removing Chanyeol's hand before it moved another centimeter up his thigh.

"And what'd you say?"

"Sehunnie said, 'they say they're not' but--"

"WE'RE NOT!" Kai shouted turning around and scaring the entire classroom. More than a few people were looking at Kai strangely, including Sehun and Chanyeol. Kris just facepalmed and pat Kai's shoulder. 

"Chill out Kai." He whispered.

Sehun leaned forward with a sly grin. In the past couple of days he had began to fancy, teasing Kai. It was so easy to ruffle his feathers.

"If you're not together why do you always get riled up when I say that you are? It's like you're hiding something."

"I-I'm not hiding an-an-anything." Kai mumbled.

Chanyeol remembering that time when he asked Kai to picture someone he liked in his mind asked, "Are you shy because you love Kris?"

Kris's eyes widened and his fanned his hands in front of him, "It's not like that. Really guys, I'm not the one."

"You sure Kris?" Sehun was asking Kris but staring at Kai.

"I asked you to picture who you liked in your mind and you started smiling... You weren't picturing Kris?" Chanyeol asked.

Kai started messing his fringe absentmindedly, "No... it w-wasn't him." Kai bit his lip, he really wasn't planning on confessing his love for Kyungsoo to these fools. Thankfully, Kris had adapted better to these situations.

"I already know who Kai likes, and it's not me. You guys please stop assuming we're together. It makes me uncomfortable."

"Well, sorry. I didn't know for sure. I know now, though." Chanyeol stated.

"If you don't like Kris then who do you like Kai?" Sehun asked.

"Just... somebody else," Kai turned around and faced the front of the class again, "Geez Sehun stop badgering me and deal with your crush on Chanyeol."

Kris's flickered from Chanyeol to Sehun, "You like Chanyeol?"

"You like me?" Chanyeol pointed to himself for emphasis and Sehun blushed. He coughed a couple of times to distract them but they saw it.

"I honestly don't know what Kai's talking about."

Kai looked over his shoulder and rolled his eyes, "Oh really?"

"So are you saying that you don't like me?" Chanyeol asked sadly. Sehun eyes became huge.

"Aniya Yeollie, Ani~ I... please don't misunderstand that---"

"It's okay Sehun," Chanyeol sat up straighter and grabbed a pen to take notes as the teacher walked in. Kris could see the disappointment on his face. He was sitting right in front of Chanyeol but Chanyeol was looking coldly through him as the teacher turned the projector on. Kris glared at Sehun and faced forward. Kai shook his head. 

"Nice, Sehun. Nice." He said flatly.

For the rest of the class period everybody took notes trying their best to ignore Sehun, Chanyeol especially. When it was time to leave Sehun reached for Chanyeol arm letting the rest of the class file out.

"Chanyeol~" 

Chanyeol haulted, but he didn't turn around.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I said it's okay Sehun." It wasn't okay. Everybody knew it.

"Yeollie," Sehun inhale deeply and removed his grip on Chanyeol, "I do like you."

Chanyeol felt his heart rate go up. Although his exterior read that he was calm, inside he was racing. Chanyeol smoothly turned to face Sehun.

"Sehun, I'm not gonna stop being your friend just because you don't like me like that. So you don't have tr--"

"It's not that Yeollie. I really do like you." Sehun didn't look up to meet his eyes, he just picked at his nails anxiously. He didn't plan to confess to Chanyeol at all. He certainly didn't plan to confess like this.

"Are you being serious right now Sehun because this isn't funny at all and--"

Chanyeol couldn't finish his sentence before Sehun stood on his tippytoes and pressed their lips together. All of Chanyeol's doubts went out the window, flew away and got lost in the Pacific Ocean. His arms felt numb and he couldn't even breathe. This wasn't even their first kiss but that's exactly what it felt like to Chanyeol. He and Sehun had messed around and done some things... a lot of things in the past but this felt like something new, fresh and pure. Time didn't stop but, to Chanyeol, it sure felt like it did. 

Sehun, with a pink tint staining his face from his ears on down his neck, pulled away and rubbed his arm. He looked up into Chanyeol's eyes as they slowly reopened,"I'm sorry... we're no longer... just friends." 

Chanyeol continued to stare at him until he picked up his things and left the room through the back entrance. Chanyeol touched his lips and smiled. He felt all tingly inside. He was so happy he started jumping up and down. 

 

⚛ ⚛ ⚛

 

Kris and Kai tried to hold their laughs in. They were standing outside of the classroom peeking in at what Sehun and Chanyeol were doing when they stayed after class for so long. Sehun had just kissed Chanyeol and left, now they were watching the lanky giant jump around with hair flying everywhere.

"Oh my god. He is too big to be doing that." Kai laughed.

"He's like a little kid, " Kris giggled with his face pressed to the window, "It's like Sehun gave him candy."

"Sehun is Willy Wonka, and Chanyeol just found a golden ticket."

"Sehun Wonka I love your chocolate!" Kris mimicked Augustus Gloop's voice.

Kris and Kai clutched their sides. Kris looked back into the room.

"Oh my god~ look at him now. It's like he's in a rock band."

"If he hits his head on the table I'm gonna die right here, right now" Kai said.

"We are enjoying this too much right now."

"I know, I have to pee now." Kai said through his laughter. He hopped over to his backpack and tossed it over his back accidentally hitting someone.

"OUCH!" The guy held his face then wiggled his nose.

"Omo, mianhaeyo~ mianhaeyo~" Kai pat the guy's face and kept apologizing, "I didn't see you there."

"Gwenchanayo," the guy grunted. He peeked through his hand then removed it and Kris froze.

"Oh Kai, it's you. Annyeong." He smiled.

"Suho? Aw I'm really sorry. I honestly didn't see you behind me--"

"It's okay, just forget about it. I wasn't looking where I was going anyway. I was looking for Chanyeol, his class should be somewhere around here..." Suho tapped his chin and looked around. His eyes landed on Kris and he smiled then bowed slightly.

"So umm who is this handsome friend of yours?" Suho asked Kai but his eyes never left Kris.

Kris blushed and looked to Kai. Now it was finally time for Kai to pick up Kris's slack.

"This, is my bestfriend, Kris," Kris bowed and Suho reciprocated, "Kris, this is Suho."

Suho his lips then tore his eyes away from Kris, "So Kai did you see Chanyeol? I saw Sehun. He said Chanyeol should still be here did he leave already?"

"Umm no he's still in there, " Kai pointed to the door they had previously been glued to.

"Oh, gamsahamnida. Nice meeting you Kris, hopefully we can meet again... soon. See you later Kai," Suho bowed and then walked into the classroom.

Kai waved then glanced at Kris who was losing his sanity by the second.

"Kris are you--"

"HetalkedtomeomgKai." Kris grabbed his chest and bounced around in a complete circle on his toes.

Kai smiled. It always made him happy to see his bestfriend happy.

"He smiled. He called me handsome. I'm freaking out right now!" Kris pat his burning cheeks. He was smiling and blushing so hard that it looked like he had a fever. 

"Kris I understand you need to fangirl but... I have to pee still so..." 

"Go go go~" Kris waved him off, "I'll meet you back at the dorm okay then we can go to eat, neh?"

Kai nodded as he watched Kris run off with his arms in the air like he was an airplane.

Kai chuckled quietly and shook his head, "Oh my god, Kris, we are in college."

 

 


Author's Note: Okay so I guess I lied partially, this whole chapter wasn't about KrisHo, BUT I'M GETTING TO IT. Be patient, I've been lacking brain juice recently. For some reason ChanHun has become a little more important and I like that. Hopefully you guys don't mind. Aren't Kris and Kai the cutest. y Suho ftw! Now y Suho has finally met Penguin Appa formally.^^ Hopefully, after reading you guys understood the title of this chapter haha. (Chemistry=Kim Misty) This whole chapter revolves around chemisty. Oh and thanks for not being Grammar/Spelling nazis. I'm only human and this is only entertainment. So I hope you're entertained because I love comments!=*CheeDragon.