Favors.

Wallflowers.

Just so you know, everything BOLDFACED is a link to click.

 


 

 

Kai didn't even bother going to band class today. He just wanted to lay in the bed and sleep until everything fixed itself. Yesterday, not only had he given Kris the cold shoulder again, but he also embarassed himself again by crying in front of Kyungsoo. Good thing, he had given up the idea of them being together up after Kris embarrassed him the first time, because he was sure he wouldn't have a chance in hell nowadays. 

 

There was a knock on the door followed by a, "Pizza Delivery~"

 

Kai stumbled to the door in the complete darkness, tripping over the shoes he didn't put up in and couldn't see because the curtains were drawn. He flopped onto the door, yanking his phone charger from the outlet when his foot got snagged by the cord. 

 

"I didn't order any pizza, take it back," Kai voiced over his growling stomach. He didn't realize, he only ate lunch with Kris, so he had been missing meals recently.

 

"It's already paid for, just accept the deliver."

 

Kai thought about it. He was hungry, but if Kris ordered it, he didn't want to accept it. He was still mad.

 

"Who paid for it?" Kai leaned his ear against the door.

 

"Seymour Butts."

 

Kai furrowed his brows.

 

What the hell?

 

He opened the door, "Seymour Butts? What the hell is this some kind of joke—" 

 

"Hell yeah, bro!" Suho shoved the pizza box into Kai's arms and entered the room, "Now eat up before you lose that y little figure of yours." Suho zigzagged his finger over Kai's body then laughed.

 

The first thing Suho did when he got into Kai's room was go to the windows and open the curtains. Kai shielded his puffy eyes from the brightness now painting the walls of his cave.

 

"What the hell, Kai. Are you Umehito Nekozawa? Prince of Darkness! You need to cut this out." Suho flopped down on Kris's perfectly made bed. Kai squinted and sat own his own bed.

 

"Why are you here?" Kai asked.

 

"To feed you. What else?" Suho rubbed the comforter on Kris's bed and pointed down at it, "Is this Kris's bed?" 

 

Kai nodded and Suho instantly fell back on it and rolled around on the covers. He grabbed a pillow then hugged it to his chest, noticing Kai giving him a weird look. Suho cleared his throat, "I'm sorry. Please, enjoy the meal. Now, g'head. Eat something." Suho fanned his tiny hands to the box Kai was holding, urging him to take a slice.

 

Kai reached in the box and grabbed a slice, before taking a bite he asked, "Did Kris send you?"

 

Suho's bright smile dampened a little, "No. Um, me and Kris haven't really been talking lately. Now, please, each something. I'm worried about you." 

 

Kai took a bite and talked with food in his mouth, "You're worried about me? Why?"

 

Suho stopped sniffing Kris's pillow and looked up at Kai, "In all seriousness, we just became bros and we haven't even got to hang around and play video games anymore because you're in such a bad mood. I don't want you feeling bad. You guys need to make up."

 

Kai smiled at his pizza and took another bite.

 

"Yeah, all of that, plus I'm sorta kinda trying to sleep with your y best friend and I can't do that when he's crying over you. So… I need to fix this."

 

Kai stared at Suho flatly.

 

"The first part was caring. If that makes any difference." Suho plastered a smile on to his face briefly.

 

Kai rolled his eyes and ate another pizza slice, "Of course you would, Suho. You would."

 

"I'm being honest at least. Gimme a break, Kai. Your roommate is driving me crazy. He's walking around with his y smile and his y hair and those y glasses that make him look so dignified and those y long legs that I just want to be in between and--"

 

"SUHO." Kai stopped him before he went to far.

 

"Sorry," Suho smiled sheepishly,"But it kills me to see him all sad and I just feel the compulsive urge to make him happy. I can't help it. It's just in my biology to help him."

 

Kai's face softened when he mentioned the biology of things. He too felt that urge to keep Kris happy. It was the reason why he was so sad in the first place.

 

"I… understand." Kai said softly.

 

"Yeah so," Suho took off his shoes and crossed his legs on Kris's bed, still snuggling his pillow, "What's up with you two? Why are you so angry with him?"

 

Kai dusted his hands from the pizza crumbs and turned to face Suho, "Well, Kris is just… being… too much lately."

 

"Too much? What do you mean?"

 

"He's embarrassing me." Kai picked at his nails.

 

"By… doing what exactly?" Suho asked confused.

 

"He's being too… overprotective."

 

"Is that it? He's caring too much about his best friend and that's embarrassing you," Suho asked in mild disbelief, "Wow. I wish I had that problem. I could probably slip, knock myself out in the bathtub and Kyungsoo would probably just take a shower around me." Suho shook his head. It was sad, but true. Kyungsoo probably would leave him there.

 

"Kai. You've got a great friend. What are you trying to prove by hurting him? It seems like you're just hurting yourself… you see that right?" Suho dipped his head to meet Kai's downcast eyes, but Kai just sniffled and turned farther away from his gaze. 

 

"If you ask me this whole thing is stupid. You got a good thing, and you're taking it for granted. Just imagine if he didn't care so much about you. How would you feel then? Would he still be your best friend?"

 

"He still is my best friend." Kai stated.

 

"Well… act like it." Suho got up to leave, "Eat well and please, talk to Kris. Not just for my sake, I mean, I will live. But do it for your sake. The sake of your friendship. Whenever you call him he will still be waiting, I'm sure."

 

Suho shut the door and Kai decided that he was actually going to apologize to Kris. It was better to have someone that cared about him enough to embarrass him, rather than one who'd step on him to get by. Kai pulled out his phone to call Kris but it was already ringing. 

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Oh Kai-sshi? This is BoA sunsaenim. Your teacher for band class?"

 

"Oh how are you?" Kai faked a cheery voice so she wouldn't ask what was wrong.

 

"I am in a panic!  I promised my colleague that I would find a student to take his place and play the piano for his students' rehearsal but I completely forgot to ask in class. I was just wondering, could you do me a big favor and play for them?"

 

Kai debated for a second. He had to be home to talk to Kris. Apparently, BoA noticed his hesitation.

 

"Please, Kai-sshi. I have nobody else to call. No one's picking up. I'll make it worth your while~ Extra credit and an excused absence. What do ya say? Please~"

 

She threw in a bit of aegyo and Kai timidly agreed.

 

"Thanks a million! Please be at the choir room by 7 pm. Thank you in advance. Bye bye~"

 

Kai hung up the phone and looked at the time. He had to get across campus in 15 minutes.

 

Well. 

 

  

 

Kai arrived at the choir auditorium at 7:06 pm. He was six minutes late and out of breath but there wasn't anyone in the auditorium. Kai looked around at the velvety, red seats and the shiny, golden wood floor of the stage. The lights were on and the piano was out but, Kai saw no one. He sighed thinking that maybe they left and he had let BoA sunsaenim down.

 

"Hello~" Kai called, "Is anyone still here?" Kai stepped onto the stage and a small guy stepped from behind the curtain.

 

"Well, I thought you wouldn't come I was… gonna… cancel…" The guy trailed off and looked at Kai, who's  body had stiffened and his eyes grew wide. 

 

"Kyungsoo?" Kai gasped softly.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes roamed the room trying to find anything else to look at. He himself was a little embarrassed to be around after he fought with Kai's best friend, "Kai, um, hi… what are you… what are you doing here?"

 

Kai's throat felt kind of dry so his voice sounded squeaky, "Um, I—" Kai cleared his throat and pointed to the piano, "Piano."

 

Kai couldn't believe that Kyungsoo was standing in front of him right now. He nearly forgot what he was supposed to be doing there.

 

"Oh, you're here to play the piano for me?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

Kai gulped and nodded.

 

"Well, here's the music… so shall we get started?"

 

Kai took the music sheets from Kyungsoo and went the the piano before he collapsed from the tension. He turned to walk away from Kyungsoo. He knew Kyungsoo was watching him so he kept his eyes on the piano. Playing instruments was a strong point he intended to utilize. Kai needed to utilize that skill because if he didn't, then he wouldn't get through this evening with Kyungsoo.

 

Kai took a deep breath. He was in a room with Kyungsoo, alone. This was something he had fantasized about for a long time but he never expected it would happen again, not after he had embarrassed himself far too many times to count in front of him. Kai frowned at the thought. Now Kyungsoo was trapped with him for at least an hour, because his teacher had to bail on him. Kai sighed and stretched his fingers. 

 

Let's make this as painless as possible.

 

Kai's eyes floated over the notes. Kyungsoo leaned against the piano and watched the boy as he scanned through the pages. Kai looked so determined and focused before his hands hovered over the ivory keys.

 

"A-are you ready to start?" Kai asked.

 

Kyungsoo smiled and looked away. Kai had caught him staring at him. Kyungsoo held up his sheet of lyrics and nodded, "I'm ready when you are?"

 

Kai took a deep breath and tried not to think of anything. Not Kyungsoo boring holes into his forehead, not Kris being in pain because of himself and definitely not about how embarrassing it would be again if he messed in front of Kyungsoo. He peeked up at Kyungsoo who was indeed staring, unblinkingly down at him, and gave him a nervous smile. Then he began to play

 

After the intro, Kyungsoo joined in…

 

deoneun mangseoliji ma jebal
nae simjangeul geodoo-eoga
geurae nalkaro-ulsurog chohwa
dalbitjochado nooneul gameun bam

na anin dareun namja-yeotdamyeon
huegeuk an-eue han gujeol-ieotdeo-ramyeon
neoye geu saramgua baggun sangcheo modu taewuobeoryeo

Baby don’t cry, tonight
eodumi geodhigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry, tonight
eobseotdeon il-i dwell geoya

moolgeo-poom-i dueneun geoseun niga aniya,
ggeutnae molla ya hae deon

So baby don’t cry, cry
nae sarangi neol jikilteni

Kai kept playing but his fingers tripped up when Kyungsoo looked at him. Kai had been so engrossed by Kyungsoo voice that he completely forgot what he was doing previously. Kyungsoo's voice was so mellow and yet so raw. His voice was like sweet, hot chocolate on a cold day and Kai just wanted to melt into it. A crooked smile played on Kyungsoo's lips, and Kai became flustered. Kai looked back at the keys.

"Mi-mianhaeyo, Kyungsoo. I will play it again and I promise to do better this time." Kai placed his fingertips back against the ivory and played a little before Kyungsoo stopped him.

"No no you did well, I mean I haven't even written past the chorus yet because this is just a preliminary practice and I just wanted to test it out so that—"

"You wrote that?" Kai was amazed. It was… a lovely song to say the least. Kris wrote some songs in his free time but, Kris couldn't sing. Kyungsoo could sing and Kai felt like a fanboy in front of him.

"It's not much but—"

"It was great! Wow. I never knew! You're amazing." Kai gushed.

"No, you're amazing." Kyungsoo said, leaning over the piano to peer into Kai's eyes, "I was watching you while you were playing. You didn't even look up once at the notes."

Kai gulped, it was nerve wrecking to have Kyungsoo this close to his face, complimenting him with that sultry voice of his. Kyungsoo walked away, giving Kai a second to breathe. Kai closed his eyes and grasped his chest in relief but then Kyungsoo slid beside him on the bench.

"Maybe you could teach me something?" Kyungsoo asked.

Kai tensed and scratched his ear, biting his lip, completely missing when Kyungsoo's eyes flashed from his lips back up to his eyes. For a second he had even forgot how to breathe.

"Well, um, I don't know… It's kinda hard to explain. I just do it. I don't know how to teach… sorry?" Kai said. 

"Well, could you play a little something you know?" Kyungsoo asked, leaning closer to Kai's shoulder.

"I c-can play something K-Kris helped me w-write, if you would like?"

Kai didn't miss the face Kyungsoo made when he had mentioned Kris. Kai needed to fix the bad blood between them, but he had to get his best friend back first. Even though Kyungsoo's face was tinged with slight jealousy, he smiled encouraging Kai to play the snippet. 

Kai sighed and let his fingers move on their own accord. Kyungsoo's wide eyes watched his profile enjoying the effect music had on Kai. He was passionate about it and it showed. He played beautifully and effortlessly. Kai must have been studying piano his entire life. Kyungsoo was drawn in, not only by the melody, but also by the way Kai looked playing. He looked confident, peaceful and sure of himself. 

Due to Kyungsoo's attentiveness to all things Kai, he noticed the small smile decorate the right side of Kai's lips. Kyungsoo sighed believing the smile was for Kris and Kai looked up.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Kyungsoo looked dejectedly at his shoes then faced Kai, "Kai, I'm sorry."

Kai opened his mouth to talk but Kyungsoo continued.

"I apologize for hitting you with the door that one day. I did look around for you but, you're a pretty fast runner. I've never been much of an athlete so I didn't find you again until I realized you stayed down the hall from me, across from Sehun. I wanted to come visit you, and apologize but your roommate… I thought you… were d-dating him."

Kai's eyes gradually stretched to their fullest potential and then he furrowed his brows. Everybody thought they were dating, that was one of the side effects of Kris's protectiveness. Kai let Kyungsoo finish talking.

"I didn't want to overstep my boundaries so I asked, Sehun about you and he said that you guys say that you're not dating. That wasn't a trustworthy answer so when I saw you at lunch I was… just scared to apologize to you. Especially while your guard dog was around. I'm also sorry for fighting with him. I'm not sure what came over me…" Kyungsoo twiddled his fingers and whispered to himself, "I guess I was just… jealous."

Kai swiftly turned his head to Kyungsoo, "J-j-jealous? W-w-waeyo?"

"What do you mean waeyo? I thought it'd be obvious," Kyungsoo laughed briefly, "I mean, why else would I fight with someone I think you're dating?"

Kai looked around with a I-don't-know-that's-why-I-asked-you face.

"I like you, Kai."

 

 


 

Author's Note: I lost some subbies because of the angst last chapter. womp womp womp~ Seriously, guys... grow someAnyway, for my loyal readers and new readers... I edited this quickly just for you! So Suho, steps in to intervene and what happens? Well! Other than that, I love the song Reflection from their teasers and I love Baby Don't Cry. I hope it is a full song and will be on their new album ;A;This is probably off topic but Moondust is gonna be updating soon I'm so excited! Yup, completely irrelevant. Welp. 

With love, peaches & donuts,

=*CheeDragon.

 

comment with your thoughts.