Food Court.

Wallflowers.

 

Kris ran back to the dorm on cloud nine. He was just beginning to doubt that Suho even went to this school but all of that changed quickly once Kai told him that Suho lived down hall from them. Suho's soft and smooth voice rang in his head. 

 

Hopefully we can meet again… soon.

 

Kris smiled and bounced around in a circle again. He just knew that now he'd find a way to win Suho's heart. Kris was sure that Suho had a little interest in him and he knew from Kai that Suho wasn't seeing anyone at the moment. Everything was coming into place. Now he just had to get up the courage to ask him out. That surely was easier said than done but Kris had no room in his mind for negativity. Somehow Kris would find a way to get Suho alone with him.

 

Once in the dorm Kris put his textbooks away and was about to flop down onto his bed when he got a text from Kai.

 

From: Optimus Prime

Received: 1:43 pm

 

you at the dorm?

 

To: Optimus Prime

Sent: 1:45 pm

 

where else would I be…

pabo.

 

From: Optimus Prime

Received: 1:50 pm

 

-__- i don't need your attitude

 

To: Optimus Prime

Sent: 1:52 pm

 

well are you coming back to eat or what?

 

From: Optimus Prime

Received: 1:55 pm

 

i need you to meet me @ the food court

 

To: Optimus Prime

Sent: 1:56pm

 

now?

 

From: Optimus Prime

Received: 1:58pm

 

now.

 

 

Kris groaned and picked his wallet up off the side table. Kai was always doing spur of the moment things when they had planned something. Kris didn't let it bother him though because he knew that once they finally sat down to eat, he could start planning on how to approach Suho.

 

 

"So…" Suho smirked smugly and flicked his eyes between Kai and Chanyeol. Kai looked up and turned away smiling, trying to contain his laugh. Since they had gotten out of class Chanyeol had been smiling ear to ear. They all knew why but nobody would say it because… it really didn't need to be said, you could read it on Chanyeol's face from a mile away. Suho looked at Kai before rubbing his shoulder against Chanyeol to get his attention.

 

"Huh?" Chanyeol asked dreamily. He didn't even look at Suho. Kai bit his lip to keep his laughter under control.

 

"Why are you so smiley, Yeol?" Suho asked.

 

"Huh," Chanyeol blinked and snapped out of his daze glancing down at the smaller guy next to him, "I just like smiling I guess." He continued smiling.

 

"Mhm. Sure." Suho scoffed then he turned to Kai, "So is your y roommate coming for sure?"

 

Kai actually blushed. This was a new experience for him. Not the blushing part but the being a wingman part. Kris never really needed him to be a wingman because he never approach Suho, but now Kai was being a wingman to both Kris and Suho. It was… a little different. 

 

"Kai," Suho laughed as they entered the food court, "why are you blushing?"

 

Kai pat his cheeks and fanned himself, "I-I-I don't know."

 

Suho put his dazzling smile away and looked at Kai seriously.

 

"Do you have a crush on your roommate?" He asked.

 

"I do not." Kai replied with wide eyes.

 

"I don't want to be like… on your territory or anything…"

 

"No, no no no no, no. You're not, really." Kai replied quickly before his mouth stopped putting words together.

 

"I understand if you--"

 

"NO! WE. ARE. NOT." Kai shrieked, removing Chanyeol from his dreamy gaze.

 

"Ok ok ok. Take it easy." Suho said nervously.

 

Chanyeol smiled at Kai then walked over to rub his shoulders, "Kai, relax."

 

Kai did calm down but the touch felt comfortable like Kris, yet foreign because it was Chanyeol. Kai shrugged him off politely and his eyes flickered between Suho and Chanyeol.

 

"Can we just g-go eat now?" Kai said smally. 

 

"Arasso. Kaja." Suho wrapped his arm around Chanyeol and Kai's waists because he was to short to reach their shoulders.

 

 

 

Kris walked cautiously through the food court in search of Kai. He hadn't necessarily rushed out of the dorm but he realized they were supposed to talk about Suho, so he quickened his pace on the way there. Kris was smiling. He didn't see Kai yet, but he would recognize Chanyeol's deep voice from anywhere.

Kris skipped over and tapped on Kai's shoulder while he was standing in the line for food. Kai jumped nearly spilling his drink. 

"For heaven's sake Kris!" Kai tried to gather himself, "You shocked me."

"Mian~" Kris smiled.

"You have a pretty smile." Suho said. 

Kris looked down at him and blushed. He hadn't even noticed Suho was actually standing next to them because… they were all pretty tall. Kris wanted to say thank you but the words couldn't find their way out of his mouth. Kris opted to bow graciously instead.

Kai, trying to salvage the situation spoke quickly before the silence because awkward, "Kris, grab a tray so I can buy you lunch before mine gets cold." 

Kris quickly rushed to grab a tray. Kai looked at Chanyeol and Suho, "I'll meet you guys back at the table."

Suho stopped, "Wait, Kai you should let me buy him lunch." 

Kai thought about it for a second before politely declining, "Take it easy Suho. You don't want to freak him out. Maybe next time." Then Kai walked over to Kris and walked through the food court.

"Yeah Suho," Chanyeol said over his shoulder while paying for food, "You should calm down. You don't want to scare him off. Calm yo boy!" 

"Shut up, Chanyeol." Suho rolled his eyes and paid for his food walking back to the table with him but not without looking over his shoulder, eyes fastened to Kris's , shamelessly.

"Suho!" Chanyeol called. 

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm coming." He replied tearing his eyes away from Kris.

 

 

"Omg Kai you didn't tell me that Suho would be here!" Kris smacked Kai on his shoulder making his drink rattle on his lunch tray.

"I was trying to surprise you."

"Well, I'm surprised you got that right," Kris sighed, "I couldn't even talk to him. How will I get him to go out with me."

Kai was putting food on Kris's tray since he was obviously too distracted to pick for himself. It was cool anyway, Kai knew what his best friend liked. He had just put an order of fries on Kris's tray when he looked up. Kris was shaking his head. 

"Kris, don't think so much ok? Getting him to go out with you may be easier than you think."

"Don't those things only happen easily in dramas, and movies? This is real life Kai."

Kai put an alfredo pasta bowl on Kris's tray and pulled Kris back to the cashier.

"Just trust me." Kai pulled out his card and paid for both of their lunches before leading an increasingly frazzled Kris toward the table where the love of his life sat.

"Kai, please don't let me fall flat on my face ok. Stop me if I get too crazy."

"I feel like I should be telling you that." Kai chuckled, his dark eyes turning into tiny crescents.

"I know, but… Kyungsoo's not here right now. So don't let me embarrass myself."

"I got it, I got it. Geesh. You don't even have to tell me."

"BOYS FROM ACROSS THE HALL, YOU'RE BACK!" Chanyeol boomed.

Kai rolled his eyes and took a seat next to Chanyeol across from Suho. Kris squeezed right next to Kai and sat his tray down quietly.

Suho pouted across the table because Kris didn't sit next to him. Though nobody but Kai saw it.

"If Chanyeol calls you the boys from across the hall, maybe I should call you the boys from down the hall," Suho said, trying to start a conversation.

Chanyeol beamed but Kris rolled his eyes while stirring around his pasta, "Um please don't. Chanyeol's just… insane."

Kai laughed. Chanyeol pouted and laughed, "I'm not insane. I'm normal."

"Your idea of normal must be seriously ed then Yeol." Kai said without looking up at him.

"Kai, I know you're not trying to tell me about normal. You're one outburst away from Tourettes!"

"And you're ONE TWITCH AWAY from epilepsy!" 

"Don't even start Kai."

"You started it Yeol. I'm just defending myself." 

Kai and Chanyeol continued their mediocre argument while Kris continued eating his pasta in silence. Suho scooted his chair so that it would be directly across for Kris. Then he watched Kris as he ate, his long slender fingers eating rather daintily for a man of his size. Suho smiled. It was cute. He had never paid much attention to the boy before, now he was enjoying the minute details. When Kris broke a piece of his breadstick off before tossing it in his mouth, he looked up to see Suho watching him.  He blushed and looked away instantly, as did Suho.

"I'm s-sorry, did you say something I m-must not have been paying attention." Kris reaching for something to drink.

"Umm, no I just was gonna say that you look really lovely today and that somebody should tell you that." Suho readjusted his collar and put his 'cool' back on. Kris took a chance and peeked up at Suho. As soon as, Kris met his eyes, Suho smiled that dazzled smile of his.

Kris bit his lip. Suho, up close and personal, was doing things to his body. It was like a mixture of wanting to jump across the table and confess or something more like running away until he reached America. Chanyeol and Kai were still in the middle of their petty argument so Kris couldn't look to him for help when Suho said.

"You're beautiful. Why are you single?"

Corny Kris thought, but still, since it was Suho it had a different effect.

"I, um… I just… I… I don't know." Kris looked down. Kai was supposed to save him but that went out the window. Now he was going to look like a fool in front of Suho. Now he knew how Kai felt. Kris felt something brush against his calf and a jolt of electricity went through his body. He quickly looked down. It was Suho's leg. Suho's perfect slim leg. Kris's eyes flickered back up to Suho's.

"Oops, sorry. I was, trying to stretch my legs out. I didn't mean to bump you."

"That's okay." Kris said softly, twiddling his thumbs on his lap. There was no way he could finish eating now.

Suho could tell that he made Kris uncomfortable so he tried to change the subject to something more familiar.

"Are they always like that, I mean I haven't know Kai that long but…" He whispered. Kris looked at Kai who was shaking his fists in front of him, trying to get a point across to Chanyeol who was shaking his head and plugging his ears. Kris rolled his eyes.

"Unfortunately, as they get more comfortable around each other they have become like that." Kris mentally congratulated himself for getting out a complete thought without stuttering.

Suho laughed, "I'm sorry you have to put up with this then it must be really stressful." Suho leaned against his palm and stared dreamily at Kris who thought his alfredo was the most interesting thing on the planet right now. Suho watched his neck when he swallowed and watched his eyelashes when he blinked. He was so into Kris's features that he didn't notice Sehun and Kyungsoo approach and sit down in the two seats beside him.

"Scoot over you ." Sehun said. 

ed.

Although, Kris thought he was under less pressure when he was removed from Suho's direct gaze. Sehun sat down and Chanyeol instantly stopped arguing with Kai and smiled goofily at Sehun. Kai looked to see what was distracting him and then he smiled. 

"Oh hey Sehun--"

Kai cut himself off when he saw who was sitting next to Sehun. It was Kyungsoo. In the pale flesh. 

So much for words.

Kris felt Kai's leg tense beside him and he looked up only to be met with two huge eyes and a soft smile. Kris subtly rubbed a circle on Kai's thigh to calm him down before he spoke.

"Oh hey Sehun and Kyungsoo." Kris smiled. Suho nearly fainted in the background, good thing nobody was paying him any mind.

Sehun furrowed his brows and made a face at Chanyeol's recently acquired creepy staring habit, then he greeted the others.

"Hey guys, I'm sure you know this is Kyungsoo." Sehun said.

Kyungsoo smiled unsurely and brought his hand up to wave, "Annyeong~"

Kris smiled and waved. Kai was frozen so Kris nudged him in the ribs.

"Hi~" Kai voice cracked and Suho giggled. Sehun bit his lip to not laugh at Kai.

"God you look y when you bite your lips." Chanyeol said.

Kai looked up to see Sehun, looking around and his lips unconsciously. Kyungsoo looked at Sehun and then back at Chanyeol, then he looked at Kai. Kai was smiling at Kris. Kyungsoo made a face. 

"So Kai," Kyungsoo started. The smile instantly fell from Kai's face when he looked at Kyungsoo.

"N-ne?" Kai asked.

"I never got a chance to apologize to you for hitting you with the door--"

"Oh so you're  the one who busted his nose?" Kris asked shocked.

"It was an accident--" Kyungsoo said quickly because Kris began to look a little intimidating.

"Did you even come to look for him? He might have been dazed and confused his might now functioning right?" Kris said.

Kai pulled on his arm, and quietly pleaded, "Kris, please don't do this right now. It's ok. I'm ok."

"He said it was an accident," Sehun chimed, finally getting his voice back although he kept jumping when Chanyeol rubbed his foot against his leg under the table. Kyungsoo looked panicked, he kept trying to explain himself but Kris wasn't having it. Kris was taking out everything he felt when he found the blood on Kai's pillow, out on Kyungsoo.

"You really need to be more careful and if not that, be more responsible and check up on somebody after you slammed a door in their face." Kris said sternly. Kai was jittering again and he stood up and pulled Kris with him, apologizing and bowing as they left the food court.

Once outside Kai smacked Kris on the chest. 

"Yah! What was that all about!" 

"Kai, I… I don't know what came over me. But I can't believe that he's just  now apologizing. Did he even look for you once?" 

"But Kris that was Kyungsoo~" Kai whined, "You should have at least let him explain. Ugh. I'm beginning to think I will never have a chance with him. Thanks a lot." 

Kai walked off.

"Hey where are you going?" Kris called as he tried to catch up with Kai.

"Home. I have nothing else to expect today. I might as well end the day early."

Kris followed Kai like a sick puppy, "I'm sorry Kai. I --"

"Yeah yeah yeah, Kris it's okay. 'You didn't know' Right?" Kai said sarcastically. He continued to storm off to the dorm while Kris stopped and watched him go. This time he had really upset his best friend. He had to fix it. Somehow.

 

 


 

Author's Note: Well, finally I got my fingers to work right. I was sitting on this for a while until things started working right. So for all of you wanting more KrisHo, here's a slice and it will build soon, but will they get together soon too? And uh-oh... Kai's frustrated with Kris... Poor Kris being so protective of Kai.  And Kyungsoo... well. Maybe there will be KaiSoo next chapter... Maybe. =*CheeDragon.