Autumn's Abyss

♚ ⒹrⒶbⒷLⒺs

 

In the complete darkness of her room, Mi young can be found hugging the pillow and weeping quietly. Maybe it’s because of Hyukjae. Her first love.

 

                He left her. He dumped her.

 

                Looking back, maybe he never intended to break her heart.

 

                “Annyeonghasaeyo, Hyukjae oppa – I bought something for you. You like this right?” Mi young asked, “or not?” she pouted her lips sending him her aegyo.

 

                “Aish! Of course I do. It’s from you.”Hyukjae brushed his lips against her cheek.

 

                A moment later, they sat and eat at the table then suddenly Mi young stood up and hug his back she silently hissed, “Oppa, I hope we’ll be like this forever.”

 

                Eunhyuk smiled, and replied, “Forever and ever and ever – “Tiffany cupped his face with her palm and kissed him passionately. “I sure hope so oppa.”

 

                They were always like that, simple and happy. Their difference makes them love each other even more, opposite attract, right? Maybe it was fate who kept them together all along.

 

                Hyukjae changed after meeting his Mi young. Their love was like a fairy tale. She was a damsel in distress, and Hyukjae had been there to save her, when the bad guys were trying to molest her but Hyukjae came and rescued her. And for that she was very thankful.

 

                Right from the start, Hyukjae was the first one to fall for her. Her eyes were the one who stole his heart completely. Soon, their feelings became mutual and now they have been dating.

 

                As the bad boy, Hyukjae was into drug dealing, alcohol, and guns. Yeah, his that bad boy the police was after. Tiffany knew his dark past and she understands. That’s how much she loves him.

 

                But that moment in the park, where and when he broke her heart. She doesn’t know if it was real. If all they had was real or it was a dream coming to an end.

 

                “Mi young, I’m breaking up with you.” He silently said.

 

                “Breaking up with me? Have you lost your mind? Are you serious? You want to leave me?” She asked in disbelief she know he’ll never do that and everything was sudden.

 

                “I never loved you. You were just a game to me and gladly, you took me seriously. I never care for you. All those things were just an act. I’ll never like you. You’re always like a little girl mumbling and asking for attention.” He replied.

 

                I never loved you. His words were like a shard of ice piercing through her heart.

 

                “You never did? This is your little game, huh? You played me? How could you?! I trusted you.” Mi young shouted. Hoping that he would hear everything her heart wants to say deep inside.

 

                 He said, “It’s your fault, not mine. You shouldn’t have believed me.” He turned his back and started to take a few steps but Mi young ran after him and clasped his hands. She whispered softly, “ I know you won't do this to me. What about forever, oppa? Is there anyone else? I can forgive you! You know that! Please... Don’t leave me.”

 

                He unclasped her hands around his and walked straight. I’m sorry Mi young I have to do this. He told himself while hoping that Mi young can hear him.

 

                Tears were swimming down through their faces. Their fairy tale which turned to be a tragedy.


                Hyukjae, on the other hand, laid on his bed silently thinking about her. His brown hair was a mess with locks of hair spread all over his face. Looking up, no one could see him. She’s not the only one enduring the pain. 

 

She wasn't his first love, not even his first time, but she was his first in so many other ways - the first to steal his breath away and kiss it back, the first to make him want to be so endlessly tender, the first one to give him everything and to take it all away again.

 

               Superior in his group were coming after him, it was because once you join the bad guys you can never leave or if you want to leave you have to die. Now all of them are haunting him, trying to kill him. He never wanted to leave her but he had to, it was for her own sake. He never wanted to lose his love.

 

                The pain was silently blooming inside him. He needs Mi young. He needs her to comfort him, to touch him, come back to him but because of what he did, he knew she would never be at his side again.

 

                Everything got stuck in his mind. Her smile, her sweet voice, her passionate kisses. At first, it was a big joke for him, falling for the good girl. Bad boys are not really into happy endings or into fairy tales but it all changed because of her.

 

                If only she knew. I love her and it hurts too. Hyukjae told himself. His heart is secretly weeping and breaking. If only she had a clue of what he’s going through. She’s not the only one breaking, suffering.

 

 


 

 

            Though the spring days are warm now, the nights are cool, and the sea-sharpened wind cuts through her thin cloth.

 

             Is he completely over me? She wondered.

 

               Leaning her back at the bench where she is seated continuing to stare at the blue skies and reminiscing what happened that day, the day when he left her.

 

               Things had ended between them because they would never last, because she is too much to risk, not because he fell out of love with her. 

                Sometimes she wished it never ended. Possession

 

                And hoped that he was still by her side, giving her warmth and love.

 

                But sometimes she’s happy she still had this painful and depleting memory, than to have nothing else to remember him at all.