Best Decision

♚ ⒹrⒶbⒷLⒺs

 

Love is real.
 
It's what kept him believing about his existence here in afterlife. His memory is slowly depleting. However, his first love story was distinctly tattooed on his mind. One thing for sure, it will never fade, and so does his love for her.
 
One night, as his soul was wandering from the dark. When he suddenly heard a voice that captivated his attention. Without any objections, he was obliged to follow where it came from. His footsteps synchronized with the tone of a man's voice. Hence, he realized, it was a ghost expert who was capturing his attention.
 
He tilted his head towards him direction and asked, "Who are you?"
 
"W-wait... You c-can see me?" He stuttered, as his thoughts were scattered in his mind. Somehow, this is just a dream.
 
But it's not a dream.
 
He doesn't even sleep neither does he nap. "I can. Now tell me your name."
 
"Taemin. Lee Taemin."
 
"Do you still remember your family?"
 
"No, I was living in the dark shadows for almost fifty years now. I only got out because of your voice. It was the only thing that lead me here."
 
"Dark shadows? Are you alone?"
 
"Yeah. I am. It's like a forest but... all I can see are shadows."
 
"Do you still remember how you died?"
 
"Yeah. I do."
 
"How?"
 
"I saved the girl I loved." He explained. It was six simple words, but it sounded heavy, meaningful than it seems.
 
"You did? She might've been miserable since then."
 
"No," he replied, a gentle smile spread across his lips. "I know she won't be."
 
"Why?" The man asked.
 
"It was her wedding day when I saved her from a gun shot."
 
"Do you regret about it?"
 
"No, I'm actually happy. It's the best decision I've made." He paused, tears were forming on his eyes. "But what I regret the most, I didn't have the chance to tell her something. Although, I hope this is enough. I hope my life is enough to tell her how much I loved her."