Just fine, for now.

To you- Bad boy.

I've been having a lot of writer's block with this story. I can't think of anything. Well I can, but I can't think of a transition plot to what's about to happen, and I don't want it to end too quickly. How many chapters should this story have?

I really want to write an Infinite fan fiction :3 All the members are so cute! I have an idea, all thought out, so right after I finish this one, and my Shinee fan fic that's been on hiatus, I shall write it. It'll be my first fan fiction with a death, sobbing cause I really don't want to kill anyone off. Speaking of, there's a hurricane outside that's going away, eep! All east coast readers, stay safe please! Well, everyone in general, stay safe! 

[A/N: All italicized sentences are Eunmi's thoughts, or important sentences] 


 

"Was it anything serious?" Chunji asked as I opened the front door.

"No," I said trying to quickly wipe away any tears on my face, "he just needed to see me." 

"Why are you crying then? Did he.." he gulped, afraid of my response, "try to do anything with you?" 

"No. Stop worrying about me," I shrugged and made my way to the guest room. 

>>>

Over the course of the next few days, I guess I've been reclusive. It's gotten to the point where I can't sleep at night. I go to school, then home. Considering the amount of training I've missed, I'm probably going to get kicked out. Good, at least then I can get away from here. Junghyun oppa has been yelling at me constantly, for not showing up, I tried telling him I had a crazy stalker, and he said it happens in this lifestyle. But this has gone too far. I'm going to go insane. I feel like if I even step out of my building, he'll be there...waiting for me. I must be going crazy. The members seem to be supportive, they understand that there's a lot going on, but they think is all induced by stress. Tomorrow, I'll carry on a regular life. I'm just paranoid. A stupid jacket doesn't mean anything. Right?

"Eunmi, wake up, lunch is almost over," he said while shaking me gently. "Eunmi, I just don't understand you, what happened to the fun, bright girl, I ended up liking? You barely sleep at the dorm, now you catch up on sleep here? A placed filled with the noise of children? What's wrong with you?" Changjo said. 

"Eunmi! Are you even listening to me? Of course not,"  he sighed. 

I am listening Changjo. I am. I'm sorry for disappointing you. There's just something going on, I'm just going crazy. The sound of the everyone let's me know I'm not alone, not alone with him. Just give me some time.

"I'll wait for you to get better. You will get better. There's probably just things going on, you're probably just getting used to all this stress. I just wished you'd let me help you, instead of being so strong. I can't give up on you because I think I lov-" and there that stupid bell was. Always cutting off important things. 

He placed one of his heart-warming hands on top of mine and dragged me upwards. "Eunmi, it's time for class now." I pretended to be in a daze so he wouldn't realize I heard everything he said earlier. 

Honestly, school was not something I looked forward to. The atmosphere changed quite drastically. After the weekend, I greeted Ji-Sun, she acted as if she had never seen me in her life, then ended up pushing me against a locker "by accident." If only I could keep avoiding her. But just while I was thinking about her, who passes by me? None other than the one, Ji-Sun. 

"Annyeong Eunmi," she chimed. Strange, I thought she hated me... 
"Annyeong Ji-Sun, hope you've been well," I replied sincerely. 
"Of course, never better. I hope you stay well, wouldn't want something to happen to that pretty little face of yours now would we?" Was she threatening me or warning me? Should I be scared of her? 
"Of course not, " I chuckled, "take care of me." 
"See you around Eunmi," she said while leaving- not even replying to my comment. 

The rest of the day passed really slowly. Most of the teachers yelled at me for not being able to catch up on the information we were currently trying to learn. 

World History Class: 
"Do you even know who the second president of America was?" 
"George Washington?" 

Snickers from the rest of the class erupted. 
"Haha, she really is a babo."
"Yeah, I told you, she doesn't even belong here."
"She doesn't even deserve to be famous, she's not even as pretty as me, and definitely not as smart as I am."

Math Class:
"What's the quadratic equation and when do you use it?" 
"A squared + B squared = C squared? When you're trying to find a side of a pentagon?" 

"I told you she had a thick head, she can't even process the information." 
"I don't think I've met someone as stupid as her in my life."
"Of course, considering you haven't met a person with a background as poor as her in your life." 
"She's so stupid, it's funny." 

It was finally time for the one class I didn't mind being in. We've never really done anything in this class but today we would. Today we were having an assessment to see where we stood in the class. It was finally time for vocal class. 

"Everyone pick a number from one of these containers, it's a boy-girl partnership. The numbers come in pairs, as in there's two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, etc. The number you pick will determine your singing partner. You will not know who your partner is until results come out, next week. You may have heard from previous students, this is the blind singing test. You will all be given the same song, you have five minutes to memorize it, on top is the key the song is supposed to be sung in. You must be able to harmonize with your partner. During this class period, everyone will be blindfolded, the singers and audience members." 

Everyone started murmuring to each other, honestly I couldn't be anymore happier. I didn't like performing much in front of people, yet I wanted to become a singer, strange. 
I reached my hand into the container and drew out a number, 7. I looked around the room trying to find the only faces I recognized, my only two friends, Soo-hyun and Su-Jung. I motioned the question with my lips and he raised his hand in response, 2. I saw him turn to Su-Jung who reached her hand into the container, and after looking at her number, just smiled. After five minutes, everyone had picked out their numbers and the teacher prepared to begin. 

"Everyone put on your blindfolds. Those who are number 3 will go first," he announced. 
The two students shuffled to the front of the class room, the girl cleared out, then the boy did the same. They sang quite well, it was soothing to listen to, and the class clapped moderately, as well. If it was based on the class's response they should get a pretty high score. "Please go back to your seat," the teacher said without emotion.

"Number 5's please come up." 
The girl's voice was all too familiar.. I'm sure it was Ji-Sun. The other person, I'm not too sure, his voice was unfamiliar. But they did really well. They class erupted in applause, as expected. They harmonized perfectly, just one mistake in the beginning, where afterwards, the girl paused from slight anger. 

After all the groups had gone, I knew I was going to be the last one. 

"Number 7's please come up." 
I stumbled to the front of the class room barely managing to avoid tripping over the other kids who were blindfolded as well. Next to me I heard a boy clear his throat lightly before the instructor told us to begin. I know I messed up a few times, but the boy singing with me was perfect, no errors, as if he had done this before. Surprisingly, at the end, the class clapped the loudest for the two of us. Perhaps they were just excited they were done listening to everyone sing. Curiosity clawed inside of me, I had to find out who the boy I was singing with was. I felt the sudden urge to pull my blindfold off, but I didn't, as it would result in an F. 

Once we had gotten back to our seats, the teacher finally allowed us to remove our blindfolds, but we were in our regular seats, away from our potential partners. 

"Can we know who our partners were now?" A boy yelled out. 
"As I've said before, you must wait until next week," the teacher responded, "for homework, please write a half paged reflection on how you think you did, and how you can improve. As well as singing the scales."  

I grabbed my things and made my way out with the large crowd of students. As I approached the door frame I felt a hand grab my arm, "Don't think you're skipping practice today, do you?" Soo-hyun questioned, "No choice, you're coming with me, for sure," he flashed a smile and dragged me towards his locker. 

20-34-14, he turned and then his locker flung open. "Why haven't you been coming lately?" he said while putting a textbook into his locker, and putting a book in his bag. 

"I haven't been...feeling well." I lied. I looked around the hall way with patience. I honestly didn't want to go to practice but I knew I had to endure everything if I wanted to debut and raise money for my family. This was the necessary hardships that came with my dreams. 

"Well I'm just glad you're going to start coming," he said while closing his locker and grabbed a hold of my arm. 

After a silent walk, we finally approached the building. We flashed our ID's and made our way into the elevators. The anxiety within me grew. As the numbers of floors we were on increased, the closer I was, to facing the man that haunted my nightmares. Show no fear Eunmi, don't worry. Nothing will happen. 

Soo-hyun turned to face me, "Don't worry I'm sure Sang-Chul seon-sang-nim wouldn't punish you too hard for not showing up to class." 
"Mm," I replied. 

As the elevator doors opened, my heart was beating out of control. Why am I freaking out so much. All he did was give me his jacket. The rest, I was probably dreaming. Stop trying to ruin the image of an innocent man Eunmi, what's wrong with you. 

We walked in the training to the sight of Su-Jung laying on the floor with her hands covering her face. Omo. 

"Su-Jung-ah! Are you okay?" Soo-hyun yelled as he rushed to her side. In the front of the classroom staring out the window at the city was Sang-Chul. 

"Ah it's fine, I ended up tripping, that's all, just a bit embarrassed," she laughed off. Thank goodness, nothing else... 

"Alright now that everyone is here," Sang-Chul began to say. "Ah! Eunmi-ah, you came this time. It's nice to see you. Okay let's begin class."

Today's lesson was about being able to pose well enough to sell the product. It was easy. Nothing compared to the first lesson we had. The poses were a bit unusual but nothing too weird. 

During our break I checked my phone, no messages. Sigh. I can't expect Changjo to always pick me up. Today would be one of those days. 

After our five minute break, we began training again. We continued what we were learning before, after a while it got boring, but I endured it. 

"Raise your hands if you'd like to consider being a actor?" he asked. One hand went up, "Okay then Soo-hyun you'll have to stay until 10 pm tomorrow." 

"Eunmi, Su-Jung, do you guys want to be singers?" 

We both nodded our heads, "then you'll have to stay here until 10 pm on Friday." 

"Nae," we said and then we were dismissed. 

I was right, well sort of. I guess I over reacted a little. Nothing happened today. No jacket. Phew. 

Considering I didn't know how to take a shortcut back to the dorms, I just followed my footsteps backwards. I walked back to school, the way I had with Soo-hyun and then when I passed the little convenience store, I knew I was on the right track. Just another fifteen minute walk to go, and then I'd be back home. The walk from home to school was something I was accustomed to, so that was no problem. 

Luckily, I arrived with no hassle. As Hojun greeted me by the door, he said, "Ah Eunmi, I was beginning to worry about you. Thank goodness you're back safely." 

"Thanks Hojun!" I replied, grateful.

"No problem, now go rest! It's getting late," he said genuinely. 

"Neh, good-night," I said while hopping into the elevator. 

When I opened the door to the dorm, everyone was at the dining table, "Ah Eunmi! You're finally here, we've been waiting for you," Min Soo said while smiling.

I quickly placed everything down and ran to the dining table and sat down, "Everyone I'm thankful, you didn't have to wait for me," I said feeling guilty.

"Of course, we eat dinner as a family at this dorm, and you're a part of our family now!" Niel chimed in. 

I couldn't help feel the heat in my cheeks, this was the feeling I've been missing. Ricky placed all the food down, in a row at the center of the wide table. L.Joe placed a container of water, and soda as well, then sat down next to me. I turned towards Changjo, who ended up giving me a tight hug. "Mianhe, for not acting like myself these past few days, I was just...stressed." 

"Eunmi-ah, I understand what you're going through, training gets stressful, I know. But I'm always here for you, I'm supposed to be the one to protect you. I'm always here when you need to talk okay?" He said carefully making sure I understood his feelings. "Mm, I understand, I'm grateful, thank you." 

"I don't understand why we had to wait for her. Our dinner got a little cold," Chunji muttered, it was too low for me to hear though. Ricky gave him a slight pinch on his arm. "Ow!" he yelled out, which drew our attention. 

"Chanhee, what's wrong? Is it your ankle?" Leader Min Soo asked concerned for his dongsaeng. I took a look under the table and saw his ankle all wrapped up. How did I not notice the crutches besides his chair? I yelled at myself in my head for being thoughtless. 

"Chunji, are you okay!" I yelled out. "Does it look like I'm okay?" he grilled back. Actually he looks pretty fine, I really wouldn't have noticed if Min Soo didn't say anything... 

"Sorry," I apologized. "Whatever," he muttered back. 

Dinner was a happy environment after that. Everyone laughed often, even Chunji. At the end of dinner Min Soo announced that he had to say something important. 

"So we all see Chanhee's condition. The thing is tomorrow we're all supposed to go to a fan signing and a mini concert to promote our single," he began slowly.

"Yeah so? What's your point?" Chunji said impatiently.  

"Manager hyung told me that it's best if you don't come along considering we have to drive there for a while, and stay there over night, then we're exploring the town, so it'll be a three day trip in all," 

"We can take Eunmi with us right?" Changjo asked his leader. "That's the thing.. because of Chanhee's condition, I think it'd be best if Eunmi would stay here with him so he can rest up and recover quicker," he said a bit hesitantly, afraid of the reaction of the other members. 

"What no! I'm going! I don't care!" He yelled back. Changjo was about to ask if I could go, but seeing how Chanhee's condition was more important he decided not to. 

"Lee Chanhee, would you rather take a rest for a couple of days, or worsen your ankle to the point where you can't perform anymore? I know it's a hard thing to do, giving up seeing your fans, but spending a few days with Eunmi while you rest can't hurt either." 

"Fine, whatever, just abandon me," he uttered. "We're just doing this because we care about you Chanhee. You'll be better before you know it," L.Joe said thoughtfully, while flashing him a smile. 

"Well then, everyone go get some sleep, we all have a long day ahead of us tomorrow," the leader said. 

With that, everyone got up from the table, Changjo motioned for me to follow him and we went into my room. He shut the door behind him and laid on the floor, where I sat besides him. 

"I'm going to miss you. Who else is going to be there to rescue you in the rain? Or protect you from your nightmares?" Changjo sighed. "I don't want to sleep, because then it's less time with you. What do I do Eunmi, I'm going to go crazy from missing you too much!" 

I crotched in front of him and grabbed his two hands, then we laid on the bed. He placed an arm under my head letting me rest on his heart, thump thump thump. 

"You've never sung for me once you know, I'd like to hear you sing only for my earrs," I said quietly. After a long pause he began: 

"I'm falling down, cheomcheom gipeogyo ga
Ni geuriume eomu 
Sumi makyeowa girl oneuldo, saranghae.

"Promise me one thing Eunmi, wait for me until I get back. Just wait until the Teen Top's new single, while I'm gone, don't develop feelings for Chanhee while you two are alone together. Promise me that, and then we can be happy together." 

"I promise Changjo, I promise," as I laid upon his chest, I felt a tear drop on my hair, "Good, then I can leave tomorrow peacefully, without worries." He cuddled me in his arms tightly and began sleeping. 

I laid there, and realized that I'd be home alone for at least three days with a cruel jerk. A cruel jerk with a soft side, the cruel jerk who's injured. The cruel jerk who I'd have to take care of. The cruel jerk that I promised not to like. 

As dawn approached, the dorm began chirping with life. Member by member rushing to take a shower in the bathroom, making breakfast, finish packing up. As I looked to me right, I saw that Changjo was no longer there. I hopped out of bed and made by way to the door. The impact of the door opening threw me off and me pulling the door open cause Changjo to fall forwards. He quickly got up and acted cool. I examined the shirtless boy, he was holding a towel drying his hair while smirking. 

"Wait for me, and you can look at this body all the time, your eyes only," he said. 

I couldn't with him, I walked out of the room towards the bathroom for my morning shower, "why are you laughing!?" he said.

"You're just that type of person," I said while continuing to laugh, his greasiness was funny. "What's that supposed to mean!?" he said quite adorably. 

"Oh nothing, I promise I'll wait for you!" Then shut the door to the bathroom. 

>>>

After my shower, I made my way to the living room where everyone was already gathered. Chunji was just staring at his fellow group mates, longing to go with them but understanding why he couldn't. After everything was settled, Junghyun hyung entered the dorm and helped the members with their luggage. They each greeted me and Chunji goodbye and left. Changjo left last, sticking his pinkie out, he made me pinkie promise to what we agreed to last night, he quickly placed a kiss on my lips before anyone saw and left. 

There I was, alone with Chunji. Alone now, alone when I got back from training, alone tonight. Alone-together.