The Forgotten Hero

To you- Bad boy.

Really short chapter, sorry! I'll update some more soon.


I awoke to the comforts of my bed. Soft, warm, and cozy. Wow, tonight I actually didn't kick off the blanket. 

For some reason I couldn't remember anything that happened last night. It's like my memory was being blocked by something. It was as if it was trying to actually FORGET something. The last thing I could actually remember was leaving a girl with black hair. But what happened afterwards??? There's a few bits and pieces that came by but it was all still fuzzy. Being pushed against the ground...a guy with bloody fists...crying, lots of it. Was I pushed against the ground by a person with bloody fists?

I stretched my arms above my head to only feel the pain rushing through the muscles. Why did everything hurt so much? The most frustrating part of everything was not knowing what exactly happened. Why was everything so, blank? 

I opened the door slowly, it was strangely quiet today. The boys would usually be chattering away with constant murmuring and arguments. I almost tripped forward against a soft cushion. I looked down to see a boy sleeping in front of the door frame. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET OUT! GET OUT! WHO THE HECK ARE YOU???" I screamed. The boy slowly awoke from his sleep, his eyes gazed upon mine. "Eunmi, I've been so worried, I could barely go to sleep, are you okay?" 
"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU AND HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" 

I examined the intruder, blonde hair, pearly whites, wrapped ankle...with bloody fists wrapped in gauze...

Was this the boy from my dreams? Or should I say, night mares? 

 

"Eunmi, stop joking around. Are you okay?" 

"Get out. Get out right now. I'll call the cops. HOW'D YOU EVEN GET IN???" 

"Eunmi...it's me? I live here too? I stayed behind because I injured my an... because I felt sick..don't you remember?" 

I stepped closer to the stairs and ran to get to the buzzer. I pressed the button that connected the dorm to Hojun. 
"This is Hojun speaking, how may I help you?"
"Hojun, it's me, Eunmi."
"Yes! Eunmi, what do you need?" 
"There's this stranger in my dorm, for one, why did you let him in? And two, who the heck is he?" 
"Eunmi..you don't remember? He's one of the people who live in the dorm with you.." 

There was something that was definitely wrong here. It was as if everyone was in on a secret that I wasn't allowed to know. 

Hojun of course knew the situation, not only because he saw bloody Chunji approaching the building with you, but because he's seen cases in which Sang-Chu got away plenty of times. 

"Come on, get changed, we're leaving," the blonde boy said. 
"Where are we going? And how am I supposed to know that you won't end up killing me?" 
"JUST GET DRESSED OKAY EUNMI? HOJUN CAN BE A WITNESS TO YOU LEAVING OR WHAT EVER." 

After a few moments he understood my silence as fear and calmed himself down, "I'm sorry, now please change," he said. Why was I scared of his tone? A tone like that normally wouldn't frighten me. 

The place that the blonde boy had been trying to drag me to was...the hospital? He walked with a limp forward, as if something was wrong with his legs. 

We arrived at the top floor to be greeted by a private medical suite and a doctor. I heard a few snippets of the boy's conversation with the doctor. They'd have to run a test on me to see if my brain functions were still normal. Then the doctor's voice became a bit more stern, I inched closer to the door to hear the conversation, "Why would you do something like that? Chunji! Why would you be so stupid? You need surgery right away! There's a high risk that you'll never be able to walk properly again. You'll need to either walk around with crutches for the rest of your life or you'll have to be rolled around in a wheel chair. Your ankle was ALREADY bad, WHAT MADE YOU THINK YOU COULD CARRY ARO-" Then the door opened. 

The blonde boy walked out. "Listen, that nurse is going to bring you to get a CT scan. Then she'll bring you back here, I'll be here by the time you're done, okay?" 
The amount of kindness that he was presenting towards me couldn't make me dislike him anymore, "Mm, I understand," I replied. 


"I'm not sure if you'll be able to walk anymore Chunji, much less perform. I think it might be over. I'll try my best, I'll get you to walk again. I will try, I can promise you that," the doctor told Chunji. 

He cupped his face into his hands as tears streamed down his face. The price of his future, for the girl that he's secretly liked, things could've been different if he had just treated her better from the beginning. That was the guilt that consumed him. That was the price he had to pay. Yet now, the girl doesn't even know who he is anymore, and the future of his career was uncertain. 

"First off, let's get you cleaned up, we'll disinfect your knuckles and clean you up, okay?" The doctor said. Chunji complied without saying a word.