We all get hurt sometimes.

To you- Bad boy.

 

"Everyone get into pairs," he demanded. 

Soo-hyun instantly came towards me, as I hustled towards him. Ji-Sun paired up with one of her friends, a tall boy from my last class.

"I need a volunteer, a partner to demonstrate to the class the techniques we'll be learning today." 

All the girls started jumping up and down, "PICK ME OPPA, PICK ME PLEASE," I heard them say. Uck. Pathetic. I shot Ji-Sun a look, and she shot me one back. It was obvious that both of us weren't interested either. 

"You, come here," Chunji said while pointing towards my direction. The murmuring came back. I assumed he was pointing to the girl in back of me. 

"ME OPPA? CHINCHA?" she spoke with glee. 

"No, not you. Her," he said this time, while pointing directly at me. I shot a look to Ji-sun and Soo-hyun, their faces were filled with confusion. 

I heard the voices of my classmates: 

"Ugh, why her out of all people." 
"She's only been here for one period."
"She's so ugly compared to me, why her." 

Chunji grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me to the front of the class. 

"Annyeong I'm Chunji, what's your name?" he said with a smirk on his face.  

I was puzzled.. why was he introducing himself when we already met.. "Annyeong I'm Eunmi." 

All I could hear were scream coming from the crazy fan girls. 

He showed a basic routine to the class, a series of popping, and hand movements. After it seemed as if everyone got those moves down, he taught the girls the move for the next step. Then he showed the guys, it was a basic body roll, with both their hands in front of their stomach like they were about to grab something. He instructed everyone to put the two parts together. Everyone waited for his lead to show them.

We did the first part of the dance together then for the second part he stood behind me, and closing the space that was in the tutorial, he placed his hands on my waist and carried out the boys part. Shocked, I just stood there frozen. 

Gasps came from crowd. Girls watching from outside the class yelled, "NO CHUNJI OPPA. PLEASE DON'T TOUCH HER LIKE THAT. OPPA NO." Jealously was emitted everywhere. I could feel the daggers that were being shot at me. 

"Why are you just standing there?! Again. Everyone! From the beginning," he instructed. 

When it got to the second part, I did as he instructed, in fear that my classmates would end up killing me in my sleep if Chunji had to touch my waist again. 

"No, you did it wrong do it again," Chunji demanded. Again, we carried out our dance and then came together for part two. He placed his hands on my waist, flowed gently and did his body roll. 

"You know now that I put my anger and jealousy aside, and look at them, they actually look like a good couple," a girl from outside said. 
"They do look pretty good, maybe they should date." 
"OMO, imagine they are and that's why he picked her." 

After he taught everyone the second part, he let me go back to Soo-hyun. Soo-hyun grabbed me and held me in his arms before we were taught part 3. By the time dance class was over, I felt as if I had jelly for legs. I just broke down on the floor too weak to get up. 

Four large men with black suits and head sets came and brought Chunji out. Before he left he yelled, "Eunmi, I'll see you around, kay?" while winking and leaving with a smirk on his face. I could hear all of the girls outside following him, then running back to mob me with questions. Soo-hyun grabbed a hold of me while Ji-Sun tried to push everyone away. But within the large group of fan girls, we ended up getting separated. 

One of them pushed me to the floor by accident, and another stepped on my hands. While on the floor it was pretty bad, the group of girls was so large that I was trapped under them without anyone noticing, they must've thought that I had escaped in the crowd. Because of all the people stepping on me, I felt bruises beginning to emerge on my thighs and arms. 

"AHHHH" I yelped out. That's when Soo-hyun and Ji-Sun came running to my rescue. They pushed everyone aside and picked me up from the large mess that had escalated. The bell rang three times, apparently this meant that it was time for lunch. We walked in front of an empty class room and Soo-hyun ran to the nurse's office to get her to evaluate my condition, Ji-sun kept me company. I looked around the hallway, and my eyes widened at the sight of the display case of all the awards that this school and it's students had won. There must've been at least over a hundred awards in that glass display box. 

While trying to limp towards the case at the sight of something familiar, I stopped at the sound of people running towards me. I walked as fast as I could and hid behind Ji-Sun. I didn't want to be trampled over again. If this was fame, it was not a fun experience. Instead of some crazy fan girls running towards me, it was just Soo-hyun and the nurse. She looked at my condition and put me in a wheel chair then rolled me to her office. 

Ji-Sun said she'd meet us in the cafeteria while Soo-hyun accompanied me to the nurse's office. After a series of twist, turns, and an elevator ride, we finally arrived. She sat me down on a comfortable chair and examined my foot. 

"You got lucky, there aren't any signs of fracturing or major damage to your bones, but theres minor cuts as well as bruises that are going to start forming. I see some bruising occurring on your arms too. I'll apply some medication to all those areas. You should walk around in crutches for today and take it easy. You can return it tomorrow when you come back. Make sure you don't dance for at least two days. I'll write you a note if needed," she spoke gently with great concern. 

"There's no need for a note, she doesn't have dance class within these two days. Thanks noona, we'll be leaving now!" Soo-hyun said, while helping me grab a pair of crutches and we made our way out. 

Noona? 

"Soo-hyun, your sister is the nurse here?" you asked. 

"Mm, she's worked here for a couple of years now," he replied back. 

Before we knew it, we were in front of the cafeteria. I was anxious to go inside, in fear of the crazy fan girls that might have approached me. Soo-hyun anxious too said, "Just take a deep breath. The cafeteria's a big place, they might not even notice you." 
He was right. When he opened the large two doors, there were probably at least a hundred or more students in there eating lunch. 

With my two hands on the crutches, I limped towards the table that Soo-hyun led me to. It was a small table, more like a booth, there were only enough room for about four people, six if you squeezed. Sitting there was a worried Ji-Sun. She had gotten lunch for me and Soo-hyun, and was waiting to eat hers. 

My mouth dropped in amazement. The tables of the cafeteria were fresh and glossy. The lighting wasn't too bright, and it wasn't too dim. There were at least five vending machines, one for snacks, one for healthy/power foods, one for soda, one for drinks, and one for ice cream. Across the hall was a salad and fruits bar. Today's lunch was jasmine rice with three large pieces of chicken wings per person, and a soup of choice. Was the school this rich that it could afford to feed everyone like this?

Ji-Sun caught me staring at my food, and said "Lunch is basically like this everyday, you'll get used to it." 

"And on the days our school wins a trophy, award, or a student debuts, they serve lobster fried rice," Soo-hyun gleamed.

"One day you'll be eating lobster fried rice because of me then," I said proudly. 

"Omo, you're a trainee? For T.O.P media I assume? Have you met any idols?" Soo-hyun asked.

"Yes, I'm going to be a model, maybe a singer or actress too I haven't decided yet. And yes at T.O.P media, but today's the first day of training, so no I haven't met any..." 

Unless you count living with Teen Top...

"REALLY? Me too! We can go there together after school." 

"Komowayo Soo-hyun-ah, thanks for taking care of me so well, and considering that this is the first day we met too. You too Ji-Sun-ah," I said with deep appreciation. 

"Ah, it's nothing Eunmi-ah. Really," they both said with smiles. 

I was glad that no questions were asked about the encounter with Chunji. It would've been awkward coming up with an explanation, or having to lie to them. While lost in thought, Ji-Sun and Soo-hyun left to go buy bottled water. A boy barged into the cafeteria. He had a hoodie on his head and was wearing a pair of sun glasses. He looked around the room searching for someone. He walked at a steady pace towards my direction. I could help but to think that, that body figure was familiar. I've seen it before...but where? 

Once he saw the gauze wrapped around my arms and legs, he raced over and started to hug me tightly. I pushed him away. 

Stranger danger, no thank you.

He pulled down his shade slightly. 

"Cha-" I began to say. But then he covered my mouth with his hand. 

"Shhh, not so loud, or else this," pointing to your bruises, "could happen again," Changjo said with dire concern. 

"How did you know?" 

"I had just gotten back from a schedule and saw Chanhee leaving the building, then when I got to my first class, people were talking about how a new girl got trampled on by a group of fan girls. I didn't want to believe it was you. I didn't want you to have gotten hurt, so I excused myself from class and came to find you to see for myself," he replied genuinely while holding me within his arms. 

People started to stare in our direction, they seemed to be getting suspicious. Changjo noticed and grabbed my crutches and helped me up. He picked up my lunch tray and helped me follow him to an empty class room before the next class started. 

"Eunmi-ah! Where are you going to? We have class soon!" Soo-hyun called out. 

"I'm sorry! I'm going to eat with a..." I carefully thought about what to say, "a friend. I'll meet you at the next class!" 

"Okay, have fun, and stay safe!" he yelled back. 

"I thought she didn't have friends..." he told Ji-Sun.

"Same, but that boy...he looked..strangely familiar," Ji-Sun replied. 

Changjo sat me down on a chair. It was soft and comfy. This classroom wasn't like any of the other class rooms. It had more of a relaxing vibe, but at the same time it seemed as if people came in here rarely. It wasn't much of a learning class room as it was to take a break. He shut the door of the room, knocked his hood of his head, took off his shades and took a seat across from me. 

"I'm sorry you got hurt today. I should've protected you. Junghyun hyung told us to treat you well and keep you safe," he said in guilt. 

I sighed. It wasn't Changjo's fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. If it was anyone's fault, it'd be mine for being clumsy. Or it'd be Chunji's for announcing to see me around. Or the crazy fan girls for causing this. But I can't blame others for my mistake. 

"It's not your fault, it was mine. It was completely my fault and no one else's. Don't even worry about it. I'll be fine within a day or two. No big deal," I said while smiling. 

I gazed as Changjo who was just lost in thought. He was smiling at me, but not saying anything, I wondered what could be going through his mind right now.

She has an amazing personality. She's beautiful. She doesn't blame others or hold grudges, when it clearly wasn't her fault. It's strange what this girl is doing to me. I should make her my girlfriend, but I just met her. Love at first sight I guess. Just a bit longer, I just need to get to know her some more. Just wait for me a little longer Eunmi-ah. 

I felt better just being with Changjo. He had this aura that surrounded him, that was just calming and vibrant. I checked my watch and saw that there was only fifteen minutes left in the period. I put my arms in the straps of my book bag and started getting ready. 

Changjo was just sitting in front of me. I sat with my arms on my chin, and stared into the blank space.  

I can't help it anymore. I'm letting her know my feelings for her. 

Changjo cupped my face, and leaned in. 

My heart fluttered, it was all over the place. I couldn't think properly. 

"Eunmi, I know we just met, but I like you." He grazed by my lips.

His lips were still close to mine but it's as if he was waiting for me to respond. 

Go for it Eunmi. Changjo is nice. He cares about you truly. But I couldn't stop thinking about how unfair it'd be if I had gotten close to Chunji and something happened with him. No Eunmi, Chunji is a jerk who could care less about you. 

I closed the gap between us. It was a passionate kiss. I could feel the heat radiate from my cheeks and onto Changjo's hands. I grazed my hands through his hair and continued. It wasn't rough, or rushed, it was a soft passionate kiss. 

The bell announcing that there were five minutes to the next class rung. Startled, we parted lips. We looked at each other, it was silent, but it wasn't awkward. 

"Thanks," he said.

"For what?" I questioned. 

"For considering my feelings for you." 

He helped me up softly and grabbed my crutches, then put on his hood and sun glasses. After helping me regain my balance, Changjo walked me to my next period class. As we stood outside he whispered, "I'll pick you up after your training. See you later," and left with placing a soft peck on my cheeks. 

From behind me, I felt a slight push, startled, I almost fell forwards, if the person hadn't helped me. I turned around to see Soo-hyun grinning. 

"I guess the chances of us being together are gone," he said. 

"Soo-hyun-ah I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt tha-" I began to say before being cut off.

"It's fine Eunmi! Don't even worry about it. I'm glad we get to remain friends. Best-friends I hope." 

"Of course," I said replying with a smile. 

"So wait, we can't be together?" he asked, chuckling. 

"I don't think so, sorry," I replied back.

"Haha, it's fine, just checking to see if you changed your mind." 

 

Then the two of us walked into class.