Lost.

To you- Bad boy.

Narration is split between what Chunji is going through then to the usual narration by Eunmi.


 

After his open wounds were disinfected, Chunji was rolled down to the x ray technician. The nurse helped him get up on the bed and prepared him. After the whole procedure was complete, the cassettes were sent to the radiologists to be printed out and examined immediately. His fate was being predicted right there in that moment, if there wasn't a small percentage of hope floating in the air. The chances of him being able to walk again were slim, so slim that he might as get used to being rolled around everywhere. Chunji took a deep breath and got in the chair to be rolled back to the private medical suite. The bleak room was shrouded with darkness besides for one corner emminating radiance. That shining light was Eunmi. Her presence was enough to change his mood. 

Chunji was glad to see her, yet so worried he didn't even give her time to answer, "Did everything go well? Are you hurt? Do you have any broken bones? Do you remember who I..uh.. never mind, are you hungry?"

"I feel fine, but the doctor is reviewing everything. She said she wanted to talk over everything when your results got back as well," she said quietly. 

He built up the courage and finally asked, "do...you...remember..who I am?" 

Eunmi looked towards the floor, gazing down sadly, she looked up and said, "I'm sorry..I honestly don't remember you." 

"Do you remember anything? You don't even remember the times we spent together? Even though we haven't gone through that many good times together.."

"I really can't remember. I mean you're not my boyfriend right?" 

"I am..." he started to say, but quickly realized he couldn't decieve her like that, "not your boyfriend." He let out a long sigh. 

"Oh..." Chunji thought that he heard the sound of disappointment in her voice but he didn't want to fool himself into believing it. "because I think I remember dating Changjo," she finished. 

"Eunmi, I'm just going to tell you, I've liked.." he was saying before being cut off by doctor. 

"Chunji, Eunmi, you can both come into my office now, I just got the results...they don't look that good, for both of you." 

Eunmi got up and held the handles of Chunji's wheel chair, she cautiously pushed him into the empty office. She moved a chair that was in front of the desk and in it's place she carefully placed Chunji. She sat down besides him. 

Bang Joo-Ah, M.D read the nameplate. Doctor Joo-Ah began to speak, "Listen, you guys aren't going to like this...Eunmi I'll start with your results first. So, it isn't as bad as expected but you aren't in perfect condition either. It appears there's been some traumatic events that affect you, am I right?" 

"I'm not sure...I can't remember..." she replied. 

Chunji spoke up in her place, "Yes..there has been, ityl.." [Author's note: In case you don't know what ityl means, it means I'll tell you later. Chunji just doesn't want Eunmi to hear what happened to her.] 

Joo-Ah nodded her head, "Well then it might be post traumatic stress syndrome. We'll have to schedule some more meetings with you to find out. Do you remember anything?" 

"I can remember most things, I can remember everything that happened before yesterday afternoon, but I can't remember what happened afterwards, and I can't remember who this boy is.." she said looking at Chunji. 

"You don't remember Chunji? Are you sure????" Joo-Ah said. Was this really possible? She thought to herself. 

"Okay Eunmi, please wait outside while I talk to Chunji." 

"Mm," she nodded and then headed outside. 

"Chunji...I have some good news and some bad news.. which one do you want to hear first?" 

"The good news," he said. 

"People who want to hear the bad news first believe in happy endings...I guess you're not optimistic in that sense..Anyways, so the good news is, the hope of you walking again is not 100% out of the question. The bad news is, the chances of you walking is about 10%. There's a lot of nerve damage near your ankles and the bone is pretty roughed up. You need to get surgery. I'll schedule one for two days time, so come in the day after tomorrow. You'll have to go through rehab constantly, and you probably won't be able to preform again, but if you stay on routine, then you might POSSIBLY be able to walk again, I can't assure you anything." 

Chunji let some tears stream down his face. 

"Why would you carry Eunmi home anyways? What happened? You'd have a 99% chance of being able to walk if you never carried her." 

In a whispered tone, he said, "She was being ually assulted by her modeling coach. That night, I decided to pick her up because it was getting late. If I hadn't been there...if I hadn't stopped it.. it would have been bad. She was so freightened, she basically passed out, so I carried her home," his voice gradually grew, "if I had to choose to relive it, I'd pick me not being able to walk, rather than Eunmi having to experience that. I'd do everything that same as I did now." 

"You must really like her huh? Why were you always so mean to her then? Min Soo told me you guys didn't get along well." 

"I guess since she brought back some painful memories, I had a prejudice against her. I wish I could take it back. But now she doesn't even remember me." 

"She doesn't remember you because her brain is trying to erase all painful memories, I guess that included memories with you even from before the incident. But you could look at this in a good way Chunji, it could be like a fresh start." 

"Mm, you're right. Well, do we have to stay here any longer or are we allowed to leave now?"

"You're allowed to leave, get lots of rest tonight. Don't walk..at all.." 

"I won't, guess I got a free wheel chair!" 

"Oh Chunji, yes, optimism is a good thing." 

"Btw...you didn't happen to tell Min Soo about this, did you?" 

"No I didn't, I can't even reach him, none of them are picking up. I think they're in an area with no cell service, but he left a message a few hours ago that said they have to stay there a few days longer, something about not being able to finish mini promotions and stuff." 

"Mm, I see, well don't tell him, it'll make them all worry too much, I'll get going then, thanks for everything Joo-Ah unnie. Bye.." Chunji said and rolled out of the room. 


 Eunmi's narration:

I felt some tension between me and Chunji. Mostly coming from me. I felt bad, the possibility of not being able to walk anymore is..all because of me. 

It was rude of me to press my head against the door, but curiosity is a dangerous thing. Although I couldn't hear much, I heard Doctor Joo-Ah say that it was because of me Chunji wouldn't be able to walk anymore, it was me. 

As Chunji rolled out of the office I grabbed the handles of his wheel chair. "Where are we going?" he asked, "It's a surprise," I smiled back. 

As the cab approached the destination, I exited first and got his wheel chair from the truck of the car. I opened it up and helped Chunji limp to sit down. 

"We're...home?" he questioned. 

Hojun greeted us at the door. "Welcome back guys, I'll wish for fast recoveries."

"Thanks Hojun," we said at the same time which caused us to instantly flash a look at each other. He smiled and then laughed. 

When we got inside the dorm, I left Chunji near the couches. "Where are you going?" he cried out. 

To get clothes for you to change into! Something comfortable. Do you need to change your....uh...briefs..?" 

"NO NEED AND I WEAR BOXERS THANKS VERY MUCH," he yelled. 

"Uh..okay..whatever you say Chunji. Uhm...where's your room again?" 

"Upstairs, it says my name on it." 

"Gotcha," I said, ran upstairs, changed into pj's and grabbed some night wear for Chunji, as well as a blanket. 

I rolled him out the dorm, "Where are you going? The elevator's the other way...." he said. 

"Yeah but I never said we're going outside now did I?" I rolled him the other way towards room 501. I placed my finger against the scanner, opening the door. I rolled Chunji inside and placed his night wear on the couch. 

"Well have a good day, I'm going back to the dorm, enjoy this room!" 

"Eunmi...are you kidding me? You can't leave me! LOOK!" he said while pointing to his leg. 

"Oh relax! I was just kidding.. but it's weird...I don't even know you..." 

"You know me, you just don't remember me." 

What he said was true. I needed to remember him. Or maybe I didn't. Maybe I needed to have a fresh start with him. 

"We can bond tonight then. Guess we're having a sleep over!"I said. This sounded fun! What could a boy with a broken ankle do anyways?

"Wanna watch a movie?" He suggested. 

"Mhm, that sounds nice."

"A scary one.. I want to watch a scary one.." 

"Uh...okay, I'll set up the netflix then." 

Tonight was all about me and Chunji, no interferences, for some reason this thought made me happy, it feels like I wanted something like this to happen before? And he's so enthuastic about it too. 

"I'll grab the popcorn from the other dorm then. I'll be right back," I said. 

"No. We're going together. Or don't get it at all, you're not going anywhere alone." 

"Okay Chunji, let's go get it then." 

We grabbed the popcorn, returned to Dorm 501 and sat down on the couch as the movie began to play. With a click of a remote, the lights in the room dimmed down. 

The dimmed lights brought upon flashes, flashes of memories, flashes of terror.

A bloody fist. A dark room, the *DING* of an elevator, tears, pain. 

The sudden flash backs caused me to scream out. 

"WHAT?? ARE YOU OKAY?? ARE YOU IN PAIN???" Chunji asked terrified. 

"I'm fine, I'm okay, sorry, I'm fine." I replied calmly. *You're okay Eunmi, you're okay,* I kept thinking to myself

As the opening scene began to play, Chunji inched his hand closer to mine...finger by finger...until, finally, it was placed on top of mine. 

When neither of us decided to move away from the awkwardness that could've been there, he decided to just leave it there. 

His warm hands made me feel a tinge in my heart, it was different than any feeling I've had before. 

*Finally,* Chunji thought to himself, *I might finally have a chance.* 

 

The movie began with the back story of the two lovers whose romance bloomed through a chance encounter.