The Roof

Dear Diary,

Dear diary,

Today I spoke with Taemin. He actually came to me... kind of.  When I woke up, I found a note by my bed. I would have overlooked it if it wasn't tented up with a silly drawing on it. It was a chibi Taemin with a mint leaf on his head that said, "READ ME!" It was really cute, so I took it and read it. He told me to meet him on the roof of SM at noon, kind of like old times when we first met. So I got up and got ready, since it was already kind of late. I still had time, but I don't want to be late.

Key came and told me that he tried to trap Taemin, but he slipped out. Apparently, Key tried to lock him in a room, but Taemin crawled out the window. Key scolded me for laughing at him, but he wasn't serious. It's just funny that Taemin actually crawled out of that small window in the bathroom! And Key didn't notice until like half an hour ago! Haha!

Anyway, I just grabbed something to eat and Key gave me Taemin's food that he was going to give him, but he escaped. I wrapped it up and headed out. Luckily Jonghyun and Minho were still at the gym, so I didn't need to worry about them. I went to SM, and Leeteuk wanted to speak with me, but I told him that I will call him later because I needed to meet Taemin. He understood and let me go. He's such a nice hyung. 

I got to the roof, and saw Taemin leaning on the rail and singing to the heavens, like we used to. He has improved, so I just sat down quietly and listened. He was embarrassed when he finally noticed me, but he just asked me if I could join him. He sang Romeo and Juliet together, and it just felt so calming. I missed being with Taemin.

When we finished, I gave him his food. He insisted on sharing because he had apparently "eaten" already. I asked him if he's been avoiding me, but he told me no. He said that he just felt like an extra wheel because we could never be alone since Jonghyun and Minho kept getting to me and dragging me away. He looked saddened, and it made me sad. I promised him that every week, after MILK, I would come up here with him like we used to, and even if I don't see him during the day, I'll still see him at night. 

He really is special to me. He's the one I'm most comfortable with. I gave him a hug to show him that I mean what I say, and he hugged me back. I felt warm. I think Taemin might just be my best friend. Now I know, Taemin is my friend.

Happily,
     Lee Jinki