007 - He Lied

Annoyed

 

Byun Baekhyun…

You better have a good reason for making me run to your house in ten minutes…

I knocked on his door and almost immediately, the door opened. I was already on ‘Umma role’, ready to consol a sobbing Baekhyun, but what I saw was an excited Baekhyun with the scent of baking in the background.

“D.O!” Baekhyun screamed.

“Baekhyun.” I winced and then rubbed my ears. “What’s going on?”

“Ah…I’ll show you.” Baekhyun smiled and pulled me in. The moment we got in, he started leading me to the kitchen. I looked around and noticed a few things. Black coloured icing, chocolate, bits of characters everywhere…

“Baekhyun…” I mumbled. I was catching on.

“Well, you know how I said I can’t do it anymore? I decided to do something about it and tried to make him a cake. But I need your help because we know that you’re the bomb at cooking!” Baekhyun rambled. I shook my head in disbelief. This boy…

“I thought you were going to break up with him!” I shouted. Baekhyun just laughed and whacked me across the arm.

“I’d never break up with him.” Baekhyun said.

“Boy…oh boy.” I said slowly. I can’t refuse him when he’s trying so hard. “Fine, but I’m only doing this because you’re my friend.”

“Yes!” Baekhyun cried. He made a run for the drawer and in excitement, he pulled the drawer too hard and all the cutlery fell out, including the knives. I made a look at Baekhyun and he bowed his head and stepped back.

“How about I just make the cake and you can help me afterwards?” I asked and Baekhyun nodded in agreement. “Okay, let’s go, D.O!”

“Hehe, you rhymed.”

“Be quiet, Baekhyun.”

“Yes sir.”

 

“Ok, done with the cake.” I said and Baekhyun came rushing to the kitchen. I quickly grabbed the cake and held it away from Baekhyun in case he was going to ruin it.

“Let me see it, D.O!” Baekhyun cried.

“Stop jumping then!” I laughed and Baekhyun simmered down a bit and sat down at the table. He was still kicking his legs. I put the cake on the table and let Baekhyun take a look at it.

“Wow!” Baekhyun cried when he smelt it. “I can’t wait to decorate it!”

“Go ahead. Here are the things.” I said and handed the decorating stuff to him. Baekhyun went wild with it, writing ‘I’m Sorry’ on the cake and also ‘I love you, Chanyeol!’ I had to stop myself from face palming myself.

“I’m done!” Baekhyun announced and I took a good look at the cake. Well…it was bearable to look it.

“Well…it’s exotic.” I said. Baekhyun looked at me.

“God! It’s bad, isn’t it?! Chanyeol’s going to hate me even more!” Baekhyun cried and ran off.

“Baekhyun! The cake! Come with me and we can give it to Chanyeol.” I said.

“I’m so embarrassed!”

“If he really does love you, then he won’t care about how ugly it looks.”

“So you’re saying that it is ugly?!” Baekhyun screamed from upstairs. Now I face palmed myself.

“Just come and deliver it yourself. It will mean more.” I said and then I heard Baekhyun coming down the stairs.

“Okay.” Baekhyun said timidly.

 

“Take a deep breath.” I told Baekhyun once we arrived at our house.

“I’ve forgotten how to do that.” Baekhyun replied. “I always lose my breath when it comes to Chanyeol.”

“Oh you poor boy. Why did you have to fall in love with my of a brother?” I asked and Baekhyun hit me playfully.

“Let’s go.” Baekhyun said determinedly. As he walked ahead of me to the front door, I couldn’t help but admire him. The boy had guts. Or maybe he’s just stupid. Meh.

Baekhyun knocked on the door and I quickly hid behind a bush. I saw Baekhyun turn around, trying to look for me. I saw his panicked expression when he realized I had disappeared. But then the door opened and Baekhyun forgot about me. When the door opened, Chanyeol was standing there, looking surprised.

“Baekhyun?” he asked.

“Mm, it’s me. Can I come in?” Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded slowly. Baekhyun walked in first and then Chanyeol closed the door. I sighed in relief and then slumped down a bit.

“What are you doing?” a voice asked behind me. I jumped a bit and then placed a hand over my frightened heart.

“Freaking hell, what the heck are you doing here, Sehun?” I asked.

“I wanted to visit you, but you seem to be busy…” Sehun laughed. Then he ducked down and sat next to me. “So, what are you doing?”

“I’m spying on my brother and his boyfriend.”

“Why?”

“Because my brother is an and his boyfriend is stupid.” I replied and then went back to watching the door.

“I’ll watch with you then.” He replied and sat down with me. “I brought some food.” He took out of his bag a bottle of coke and some chips.

“Ah, thanks, Hun.” I said and he winked.

“I’m resourceful.” He replied.

“So…how’s you and Luhan?” I asked and Sehun coughed a bit.

“What about us? I’m fine, don’t know about Luhan. He’s with Kai.” Sehun replied.

“Did I sense a hint of distaste when you said Kai’s name?” I asked.

“That’s just you. What about you and Kai?” Sehun asked.

“Kai can wait, I said. I asked you about Luhan.” I said.

“We’re both guys.” Sehun said.

“So are my brother and his boyfriend.” I replied. Sehun froze a bit.

“Why do you keep persisting?”

“Why do you keep denying? Same thing.” I said and ate a chip. Then Sehun said in a low voice.

“I don’t like him…just admire him…I guess.” Sehun said. I rolled my eyes.

“Well, that’s close enough to what I wanted to hear, so I’ll let you go for now.” I said and then turned back to spying on my house. At that moment, Baekhyun came out, followed by Chanyeol. Chanyeol placed a hand on Baekhyun’s arm and smiled. They seemed to be talking about something, but I couldn’t hear because Sehun was eating his chips. Then when Sehun stopped eating, I could finally hear.

“Well that’s good.” Baekhyun said.

“Mm, I hope you don’t misunderstand. Oh, I have to go now.” Chanyeol said.

“Really? That’s sad. Oh, I have something for you.” Baekhyun said and pulled out from behind his back, the cake.

“Woah! Baekhyun, thanks!” Chanyeol said and smiled. “Well, got to go. Siwon is here.” At that moment, a car pulled up onto the driveway and Chanyeol ran off to the car…without the cake. I looked at Baekhyun, still standing there, holding the cake in his hands. Before Chanyeol hopped into the car, I quickly grabbed the coke, shook it really hard and then got up and ran over to Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, wait!” I shouted. Chanyeol turned and saw me.

“D.O?” he muttered.

“Here. Sehun brought this, but we’re not drinking it, so…” I said. Chanyeol smiled at the coke and then put it into his bag.

“Thanks, D.O.” Chanyeol smiled. Once he got into the car, I dropped my fake smile and watched as the car drove off.

“Bastard.” I muttered.

“D.O! You just shook that drink!” Sehun cried. Baekhyun came up to meet me and heard what Sehun had said. Then Sehun appeared by my side too.

“Nah.” I replied as I rolled my eyes.

“Oh…you sneaky bastard!” Sehun laughed and slapped me on the back. Baekhyun stared at us weirdly and then looked down at his hands. Sehun and I looked down too and we frowned.

“Give it to me.” Sehun said. Baekhyun looked up and shook his head.

“It has Chanyeol’s name on it.” Baekhyun frowned.

“I can scrape it off. I need to thank my sunbae for helping me, so…” Sehun held out his hands and Baekhyun placed the cake in Sehun’s hands. I saw how Baekhyun handed it over. Like as if he was handing over his heart.

“Use it well. I hope your sunbae appreciates it.” Baekhyun said.

“He will. I promise. My sunbae isn’t an .” Sehun smiled and then patted me on the arm. “Thanks D.O. I guess I should go now then.”

“See ya, Sehun!” I called and waved him good bye. Then I turned back to Baekhyun and he was crying. I sighed. “Sorry, Baekhyun. It didn’t turn out very well. But you guys seemed to be talking rather well before.”

“He was talking about the basketball thing and Siwon.” Baekhyun sniffed. “He said that I shouldn’t misunderstand anything. That his practices with Siwon are strict and they’re not there for fun.”

“He lied to you.” I hissed.

“Why does he?” Baekhyun cried. I didn’t say it, because it’d break his heart. But I thought it and sadly, I thought it was true.

He doesn’t love you as much, anymore.           

__________________________________________________________

Thank you my dear subbies. The story really revolves around the Baekyeol couple right now, but I will be showing more Sulay and more Taoris and Kaisoo soon. Please anticipate!

 

Oh and I also heard about the whole upvote thing. I'd really appreciate it if you voted, but it's ok. My subbies are my life. :) Oh God, I have no life...