05 - How He Really Feels

Annoyed

 

Now before I start ranting on the next hopeless couple like I usually do, most of you would like to know what happened with the Sulay couple.

 

“D.O!” What the hell was that? I didn’t remember any girls calling for me. “D.O! I need to talk to you right now!”

Now that I heard it louder, it sounded like a guy, but guys don’t sound like that. Then suddenly, I was turned around and I faced the angry face of my marshmallow cousin.

“Oh! Marshmallow!” I cried and pinched his cheeks. Suho wiped my hand away.

“Lay came to me today saying he couldn’t wait to come over to my house.” Suho said. “The moment I heard this, I went immediately over to your school.”

“Well good, because he’s going to meet up with you here.” I replied and tried to walk away, but then Suho grabbed me quickly and pulled me back.

“No…wait. Stay with me.” Suho said, giving in. Oh boy.

“You have to man up. Lay likes you. Trust me.”

“D.O, not everyone you know is gay.” Suho sighed.

“You are, Chanyeol is, my best friend is, my sunbae is, my classmate is, the shopkeeper near our house is.” I said. Suho just gaped at me.

“I never knew we had an…uh…active community.”

“Oh Marshmallow, look! Lay is here!” I shouted and pointed out. Suho froze up and held me even tighter. “Let me go. Aren’t you supposed to be older than me?”

“You were born in the wild side of the family. Help me.” Suho squeezed his eyes tight.

“If you act like this, Lay won’t be impressed.” I said and Suho let go a little bit.

“Ah! Hello Suho!” a mature, yet loud voice called from behind us. I looked up and saw a Chinese dude with curly brown hair walking towards us. “Uh…who are you?”

“Informal brat.” I whispered. Oh…he jelly. Got it. “I’m his cousin. Don’t worry.”

“Yah, D.O! What does he have to worry about?” Suho whacked me lightly.

“Will you be coming with us?” he asked me. I shook my head while Suho nodded his.

“He’s coming.” Suho said.

“Actually, I have to go to Baekhyun’s sister’s birthday. So later, Marshmallow!” I waved to him and pulled away. I could almost feel his desperate gaze on me.

“Well, should we go?” Lay asked in his broken Korean.

“Yeah…sure.” Suho whispered and I turned around to see them walking in the opposite direction from me. Suho glanced back and glared at me and I winked at him.

Now. Time to see Baekhyun.

 

“D.O!” a girl’s voice cried out and I looked around. Then all of a sudden, a small body collided into me and I struggled to keep my balance. Then once I regained my balance, I took a good look at the culprit.

“Baekhee!” I cried when I saw the pretty face of Baekhyun’s little sister.

“Where’s Chanyeol oppa?” she asked and looked behind me.

“Ah…he…got injured.” I lied.

“Oh! I hope he gets better! Come! Baekhyun is waiting for you.” She cried and dragged me over to the cinema. Baekhyun was standing there, looking handsome as ever, kicking around. “Baekhyun!” Baekhyun looked up and when he saw me, I saw disappointment in his eyes. I can’t blame him. He was expecting my brother. But then he smiled and all the disappointment disappeared.

“D.O! Great to see you. Where’s uh…” Baekhyun looked at me.

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun. He told me to give you this.” I handed over two parcels. One was pink, which was for Baekhee and the other was black, grey and white, Baekhyun’s favourite colours. Baekhyun took the parcels, his hands shaking slightly.

“It’s ok. He has commitments.” Baekhyun weakly said and I rolled my eyes.

“You have to talk to him, Baekhyun.” I said to him.

“No. I understand him. He will get mad at me.” Baekhyun said. I was about to talk when Baekhyun suddenly leaned down and handed the pink parcel to Baekhee. Baekhee took it with glee and opened it up. I almost scoffed when I saw it was a headband. It had a little flower on the top, but that’s all. Baekhee seemed to be delighted though. She put it on immediately and started dancing.

“I’m a pretty butterfly!” she cried and I face palmed myself. “What did D.O oppa give me?” I handed her a green parcel. Green was her favourite colour. She snatched it from me and literally ripped everything to shreds until she came to the actual present. It was a SHINee cd. She went nuts.

“How did you know?” Baekhyun asked me.

“When I went to visit her room, she had pictures of Jonghyun everywhere and her computer screen was SHINee, so…” I said. Baekhyun patted me on the shoulder.

“Thanks dude.” He said.

 

We went back to Baekhyun’s place and dropped Baekhee off. I was supposed to go home, but Baekhyun wanted to walk with me.

“I wanted to talk to you about Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said. I breathed out a bit and my breath fogged up in the night. I had a fat scarf on, gloves, a coat and big boots, while Baekhyun had the same and more.

“I don’t know why you even like him. He’s a jerk.” I said.

“He was nice once.” Baekhyun whispered.

“When he first met you…he became the most happiest we had ever seen. If he came home sad or moody, it’s because you guys had a fight or he had disappointed you.” I said. Baekhyun looked at me with teary eyes.

“Then what happened?” Baekhyun asked.

“Basketball happened, that’s what. He’s been trying to get into the basketball team ever since he was a junior and when he got in; I guess he devoted his whole self to it. But it’s not fair to you.” I explained.

“I told you. It’s okay.” Baekhyun said.

“Is that what you think?” I asked.

“Yes. I do honestly think that.”

“Then what do you feel?”

“Wh-What?”

“You may think it’s okay, but what do you feel.” I explained. Baekhyun stayed quiet for a few minutes as we kept walking. I didn’t say anything either and just let him think. Then soon, we came across the basketball courts and the sound of sneakers, balls and laughing could be heard. Baekhyun and I snapped our heads up and walked up to the court fence.

Siwon and Chanyeol were laughing as they tried to dodge around each other with the ball. They kept on tripping over their own feet and did weak passes and shoots. None of their shots got through the hoop. It was obvious they were only doing this for fun and games.

I looked sideways at Baekhyun and he had this blank expression. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking.

“Baekhyun, let’s go.” I said and nudged him. He didn’t move. “Baekhyun, don’t look!” I pleaded him to move and he just stood there.

“Hey D.O…” he whispered.

“Wh-What?” I asked.

“You know how you asked me how I feel?” he asked.

“Mm?”

 

 

 

 

 

“I feel like it’s no use. I can’t do this anymore.”  

________________________________________________________

Thank you to all my dear subbies. I love you all! Mwa!