03 - My Cousin

Annoyed

 

Is everyone I know completely hopeless?

My cousin included.

Poor, dear, soft, pillow-like Suho. My favourite cousin. He would be my favourite if only I wasn’t so freaking annoyed with him right now.

The dude is like a human marshmallow. Soft on the outside, soft on the inside. He’s the got the will power of a piece of paper, the attention span of a goldfish and the hopelessness of a snail. I would say he’s as timid as a mouse, but even mice can tell differences between human languages and they’re a cunning bunch of nasty bastards. Traps aren’t even an option for catching mice anymore. Cave man style is in; chase them with a spear and then eat them afterwards. I’m going off topic.

As I was saying, my poor cousin had been brought up in the soft side of my family. His mum is Mother Marshmallow, his dad is Father Marshmallow, his little sister is Baby Mallow, because she’s not old enough to be a ‘Marsh’ yet and Suho is in the middle of all this squishyness, so it’s logical that he’d be a marshmallow too. Okay, off the topic of marshmallows. Suho is actually a very smart kid. He’s the president of his class and has many friends, because he’s so soft and is welcome to EVERYONE. Especially to that Lay, if that is his real name, which I suspect it’s not.

Lay is the new kid at his school. He’s the transfer dude from China, who can apparently only sing when he has his guitar and is a dancing machine. One problem. Only speaks Chinese. Oh, so you’re saying that the Chinese transfer student from China can speak Chinese? Mindblown. Shut up. Anyways, from my observation, Suho must have the hots for this guy, because whenever I come to visit the Marshmallow family, Suho always shows me pictures on his phone and the Lay dude always seems to be in them.

“I’m in charge of taking care of him, of course he’d be around me lots. We’re good friends now.” Suho said quietly when I brought up the subject.

“Don’t lie to me, Suho. I can see right through you!” I gave him a creepy look and he cowered away.

“No, he’s just a friend! Plus, we’re guys and-”

“And again, everyone I know is gay, so it’s not such a surprise.” I folded my arms and looked at the glow in the dark stickers on is bedroom ceiling. “I don’t see the problem here. He seems to like you, you obviously like him. Just go out already and sort out all this .”

“D.O! Don’t swear!” Suho told me off. I gave him a look again.

“Look, take this from me. The dude likes you! Why don’t you just grow some balls and ask him out?”

“D.O, I already told you. No. Plus, he doesn’t even understand me.”

“Then TEACH HIM! Isn’t that the reason why he’s even here in the first place?” I asked.

“He shouldn’t be around me. He’s got lots of friends.” Suho sighed.

“So he’s popular?”

“Mm, he’s really funny and very confident of himself.” Suho replied.

“Opposites attract. Just ask him out.” I said.

“Yah! I am confident of myself!” Suho said weakly. I scoffed and he got the message. “I’m too scared.”

“You think?” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re one to talk. What happened to ranting about Kai? When did you suddenly get interested in me?” Suho asked as he got sat on his bed next to me.

“Kai can wait. You have obvious problems. Everyone I know, has obvious problems.” I sighed. At that moment, Chanyeol took the perfect moment to barge in.

“You guys, get up. We’re having dinner.” He said as he texted on his cell phone.

“Who are you texting?” I asked. Say Baekhyun, you bastard.

“Siwon. He wants to meet with me for practice after school tomorrow.” Chanyeol replied.

“What about Baekhyun?” I asked him.

“What about him?” Chanyeol gave me a challenging look.

“What happened to Baekhyun?” Suho asked.

“None of your business.” Chanyeol replied to Suho coldly. Suho cowered a bit.

“Aren’t you guys meeting up to go to the movies? It’s his sister’s birthday.” I said.

“Ah, I forgot. I’ll just give my present for him to you and you just go and give it to him. Okay? Problem solved. Now come.” Chanyeol then slammed the door, walking away.

“Chanyeol-” Suho began.

“Is a bastard.” I ended. Suho didn’t deny anything.

“How’s Baekhyun lately?” Suho asked.

“A mess.” I replied and got up. “Come on, we have to have dinner.”

 

“So, Chanyeol, how’s you and Baekhyun going lately?” Auntie Marshmallow asked. Chanyeol was still texting.

“Chanyeol, Auntie is asking you a question.” I nudged him. He put down his cell phone and gave his award winning smile.

“Baekhyun and I are doing great, Auntie. His sister is having his birthday tomorrow.” Chanyeol replied and then went back to texting.

“Oh really, so are you going?” Auntie asked. I had to nudge him again.

“Ah, due to important matters, I couldn’t attend.” Chanyeol replied. Back to texting.

“What could be so important that you would miss your boyfriend’s sister’s birthday?” Auntie asked with a challenging stare. Chanyeol slammed his cell phone down on the table, making us all jump.

“Chanyeol! Don’t be like that!” Mum said.

You don’t be like that! What’s with everyone being obsessed with Baekhyun and I? It’s our relationship! Leave us alone.” Chanyeol said angrily and walked out.

“He’s going to the basketball courts.” I said and everyone sighed and went back to eating.

“What’s really going on, D.O?” Auntie asked me.

“He’s ditching Baekhyun and his sister to have basketball practice with Siwon.” I said as I shoved a spoon of rice into my mouth. Auntie Marshmallow knows who Siwon is. He’s the son of her colleague.

“Aish, that boy will never know how precious Baekhyun is until Baekhyun leaves him.” Auntie sighed.

“My guess is that Baekhyun is too in love with Chanyeol to leave him.” I said.

“Okay, change of topic. How are you, Suho? We haven’t seen you in a while. I hope you’re going fine.” Mum said as she passed the salt over to Auntie.

“I’m-”

“In love with a boy called Lay.” I finished. Auntie dropped her fork and Mum choked a bit. Suho whacked me softly (wtf) on the head and glared.

“Is that true, Suho?” Auntie asked as she picked up her fork. Mum drank some water.

“Of course no-”

“Definitely. You should see how much Suho talks about him.” D.O interrupted and Suho shoved D.O again.

“D.O, stop butting in.” Mum told me and I smirked.

“I don’t like him.” Suho said, his tone slightly off. Auntie caught on, because she shot me an evil look and I smirked back.

“Are you sure, honey? I won’t judge you or anything. I’m a woman of many optimistic beliefs.” Auntie said. Suho glared at Auntie and then at me.

“I don’t mind either. I have a son like you as well.” Mum said.

“Am I now a category?!” Suho cried.

“So you admit that you like him?” Auntie teased. Suho’s eyes went wide.

“I…I…”

“Ok, so you like him. What’s he like?” Auntie confirmed.

“Mum!” Suho cried. Then he looked down and started playing with his fingers. “He’s really funny…he makes me laugh lots.”

“Oh you lovesick puppy.”

“Shut up, D.O.” Mum growled at me. Auntie and Mum had stopped eating and were now listening to him.

“What else?” Auntie asked.

“He’s very daring. Last week, he went to dance in the school talent school and won. He can dance very well.” Suho said. I looked at him closely, his eyes twinkling with admiration.

“So he can dance.”

“Suho is in charge of being Lay’s helping buddy!” I shouted out. Auntie and Mum looked at Suho curiously.

“You should invite him over then, since you too must be close. I would like to see him dance.” Auntie said. Suho’s eyes widened.

“No! Mum! I don’t want him to come over!” Suho shouted. I then had a brilliant idea. I snuck my hand into Suho’s pocket and grabbed his phone slowly.

“Ah…I’ll be using the bathroom.” I said and then rushed off, since no one was answering me. I locked myself in my bathroom and then Suho’s phone. Stupid marshmallow, he didn’t set up a password. I went into his contacts and tried searching for Lay. Then there, I found his contact sign. But it wasn’t ‘Lay’. It was ‘Yixing <3’ Got you red handed, Marshmallow.

Hi Lay, do you want to come visit my house sometime? My parents would like to meet you.

-From Suho.

 

I hope he understood enough Korean to know what I was asking. I got my answer as I felt Suho’s phone receive a message.

 

Yes, I like to come! I thought I said you could call me Yixing?

-From Yixing <3

 

Sorry. Great new! Meet me at SMENT Academy afterschool.

-From Suho

 

Why there?

-From Yixing <3

 

Because.

-From Suho

 

Sure then.

-From Yixing <3

 

I snuck back into the dining room and slipped Suho’s phone in sneakily.

“Took you long.” Suho joked and D.O blushed.

“Had to deal with a problem, if you know what I mean.”

You’ll definitely know tomorrow. Prepare to feel the wrath of love, Suho.   

________________________________________________________________________________

Got more subbies then I thought I would :P
Love ya'll all so much!

Oh and lol with some of you getting angry with Chanyeol. Feel more of the 3 Baekyeol