006 - My Shopkeeper

Annoyed

 

Okay.

Moving onto the next hopeless couple.

Well, I wouldn’t call it hopeless, but maybe the Troubling Couple.

On one side of this story is Chen, the counter boy at the shop on my street. Absolutely funny and cunning. He tends to overreact a bit, but that’s okay, because it suits him. If it was someone else, it would’ve been disturbing.

Then there is Xiumin. He’s an absolute cutey who is disgustingly flirty and romantic. His Chinese friends call him ‘Baozi’ which mean ‘steamed buns’. I find it rather weird, because he’s so old, but it’s his life and his nickname, so who am I to judge?

These two met when they were boarding at their university. Chen was on the top floor while Xiumin was on the bottom floor. Chen had come out onto the balcony, eating an apple. He accidently dropped the apple and at that moment, Xiumin walked out and got knocked out after an apple hit him on the head. Chen had worked on repaying Xiumin back for dropping the apple. Eventually, Xiumin told Chen that the only way Chen could ever repay him is to date him. At this time, Chen was still straight and immediately realized that Xiumin was gay, but because he was so eager on paying Xiumin back, he agreed. Later on, Xiumin and Chen got closer and Chen finally fell in love.

After that it was just birds and bees and flowers and trees a- no. That’s just wrong.

 

“Hey Chen.” I greeted when I walked into the shop across the street.

“Ah…D.O!” he smiled. I had always liked his smile. It was…funny. “How’s your brother?”

“Don’t even bother asking. You already know the answer.”

“Oh come on, he can’t be an for forever.” Chen laughed.

“He is!”

“So…aren’t you going to ask about Xiumin?”

“How did you know?”

“You’re naturally nosy.” Chen laughed.

“It doesn’t matter. I already know.”

“You’re way too observant for your own good.”

“Don’t believe anything you see, Chen.” I said. Chen sighed and then came out from the counter and then sat at a table. I sat opposite from him. He fiddled with his fingers and then looked outside.

“He keeps on leaving unexpectedly during our dates and he is always on the phone.” Chen told me. I sighed and grabbed his hands. Chen looked up at me.

“I at being compassionate and , but Xiumin does love you. He may not show it nowadays, but he does.”

“That was the nicest thing I’ve ever heard you say.” Chen gaped at me.

“Well you aren’t hearing it again anytime soon, so take it from me. That bastard is in deep love with you and don’t you doubt it.”

“And the moment is gone.”

There was a ringing sound a few minutes later and Chen and I turned towards the door. Xiumin stood there, looking around.

“Min!” Chen cried and Xiumin turned towards us.

“Chen. I was looking for you!” Xiumin smiled and grabbed a seat.

“If I’m going to interrupt something, I’m going to disappear.” I announced.

“Yeah, I need to talk to Chen. You don’t have to leave, but-”

“Yeah, I got it. Just no PDA.” I winked at Chen and he blushed. Then I walked over to a table over on the other side of the room and let the lovebirds talk. While I was waiting, I checked my phone and it turned out that I had gotten a few messages from Baekhyun.

 

Can you please come over?

-From Baekhyun.

 

Oh Lord. No text language. This is serious .

 

Uh…sure. Be there in 15.

-To Baekhyun

 

I looked up from my phone and saw Chen and Xiumin leaning into each other’s faces. I was about to them, but something already bet me to it. When they were about a centimetre away from each other, an annoying ringtone started playing and they pulled apart. Chen looked off in the distance and sighed. Xiumin reached into his pocket and answered his phone. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah…uh huh…what time?” he spoke. “Okay…who’s going to be there? Okay. I’ll get there as fast as I can.”

Forgot to mention something. Xiumin is the assistant to the CFO of SM Entertainment, Lee Jongin, and earns quite a lot. But it also means he gets called out a lot. Despite Jongin being known as a kind and professional man, Xiumin talks about how he is like a child, always wanting something. Xiumin would say that Jongin would always call for him, sometimes for no reason and then would make up something on the spot.

“I think he likes you, Min.” Chen said a few months ago.

“Doesn’t matter. I got you.” Xiumin replied and reached in for a kiss. And that was my que to . I separated their heads.

Xiumin was always disappearing to fulfill Mr. Lee’s needs and Chen was slowly beginning to think that Xiumin was enjoying it. What is Mr. Lee asking for now?

“What does he want?” Chen asked.

“He wants me to buy some chocolate. He says his sugar blood level is getting bad.” Xiumin said. “I have to leave now.” Then Xiumin just got up and ran out. Chen looked at me after Xiumin had disappeared and then sighed.

“Didn’t even say goodbye…” Chen mumbled. I patted him on the back.

“He’ll come around soon. Now I’m sorry, Chen. But I have to go see Baekhyun. Later and good luck with Xiumin.” I winked at him and he winked back. Then I quickly ran out. I checked the time an realized I only had ten minutes left. All goods. I can get there in time.

__________________________________________________________________

Wow! Thank you my dear subbies! I see some of you actually want Baekhyun to break up with Chanyeol. Lol. Haha, next chapter, D.O is going to see Baekhyun. What ever has happened? God, I sound like one of those people who do those weird overvoices.