003 - My Sunbae

Annoyed

 

Kris sunbae was just plain ignorant.

I had suspected he was dropped on his head as a baby. Maybe all the brain cells had all been shoved down made him turn into a giant. Maybe. Day by day, my suspicions become more realistic.

Kris is in my brother’s basketball team. He’s Siwon’s brother. They’re both tall, but Kris is taller, despite being the youngest. He was one of the few people who were offered a scholarship to go to America to play basketball in the national team. For what he lacked in brains, he gained in sports.

Kris was also a rather special character. He some kind of unexplainable charm that no one possessed. He could make you feel sad, happy and nervous at once, just by being there. He could boost you up just by smiling at you. He could make you scared, just by standing next to you. But according to Tao, he could make you fall in love with him after him just asking you if he could borrow a pencil.

Tao; my arts classmate. He was quite a prodigy at the subject. He was like Kris in a different form.

“Tao, that painting is really sad.” I told him one day.

“Mm, I was inspired.” Tao replied. I looked at him weirdly and I saw his eyes flicker off to the left. I looked to the left and saw Kris sitting there, doing his own drawing.

“Who inspired you?” I asked.

“No one in particular.”

“Don’t lie to me!” I folded my arms and made Tao put his brush down. “You are going to go over there and talk to him.”

“H-Him? W-Who?” Tao looks left and right and shifts his feet.

“You know exactly who I’m talking about.” I said.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about!” Tao protested and went back to painting. I sighed and then got an idea. I slowly moved over to Kris and I felt Tao’s eyes on my back. I looked over Kris’ shoulder to see his drawing. I burst out laughing and Kris jumped in shock.

“Oh, Kyungsoo. It’s you.” Kris placed his hand over his heart and smiled.

“What is that supposed to be?” I asked him and pointed to the blob.

“Well, I was trying to draw someone from memory, but it proves useless as you can see.”

“Your drawings are always useless, Wu Fan.” I said.

“Don’t be like that. Call me, Kris.”

“Then call me D.O.” I replied with my eyebrows raised.

“Deal.” Kris smirked.

“But I’m afraid I don’t want to be friends with someone who is not talented in the arts.” That resulted in a hard whack from Kris. “I’d rather prefer Tao over you.”

“Tao? You mean, Zitao?”

“No, the Easter Bunny, of course I was talking about Tao!” I rolled my eyes.

“Tao’s good at art?” Kris asked. He got up and walked over towards Tao, making Tao walk back a bit. Kris looked at Tao’s painting and frowned.

“What is it?”

“Oh Kris, you lovable idiot, it’s a boy.” D.O laughed.

“He looks familiar. What’s he doing?” Kris asked.

“Waiting.” Tao said, looking directly at Kris. But Kris was too intrigued by the painting and started to study it.

“The eyes are amazing!”

“Oh really?”

“Who is he waiting for?”

“Someone to realize what an idiot he is.” I replied quickly. “Kris, I think your painting needs urgent help. Tao, get onto it. STAT.”

“Eh? Me?!” Tao choked. He gave me the death glare and I smiled like an angel.

“Yeah, please help me Tao!” Kris looked desperate. Tao quietly shifted over to Kris’ spot and Kris danced over there. Retard. But an awesome retard. They stayed there for the whole lesson, Tao teaching Kris how to hold his brush and how to make the brush . Afterwards, I checked the painting and I could finally make out what he was painting.

“Ah! You were trying to draw a girl!” I said with a bit of a sad laugh in my tone. “Who is she?”

“Ah…her? Um…” Kris blushed a bit and looked off. I looked at Tao and he gave me a hurt look. “She’s just a childhood friend. She left to America a few years ago. But we promised to get married when she comes back.”

“BWOH?!” Tao and I shouted. Kris jumped in shock.

“Why are you so surprised?” he asked.

“I…uh…because…” Tao stuttered.

“Isn’t that a bit of an immature decision? You should marry someone you truly love.” I said quickly.

“I do love her.”

“Not completely.”

“When she comes back I will.”

“Oh sunbae. How will she like someone who can’t even paint her?” I remarked. Kris looked like he was threatening to kill me.

“I just need a bit of help, that’s all.”

“Hey, maybe, when she comes back, you could make a portrait of her!” I suggested, an evil plot forming in my mind. Tao grabbed me an pulled me over.

“What the hell are you doing?” he asked me, a hurt expression in his eyes.

“Don’t worry, I got it all under control.” I replied.

“You were talking about making a portrait?” Kris reminded me when we came back.

“Mm, you could just have someone to tutor you for now and then when she comes, you’ll be all set to paint.”

“Great idea, D.O! Now I just need a tutor.” Kris sighed. I gave Tao a look and he started to walk back quietly. Then I shoved a chair in front of Tao and he banged into it. He shot me a glare, but then Kris suddenly flew to the rescue, so the frown was wiped off Tao’s face.

“Tao, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“Hey, why don’t you be my tutor?”

“I might be a burden.” Good work, Tao, keep reeling him in.

“No, you’ll be doing me a favor!”

“What if I’m not good enough?”

“Just accept the offer before I start using force.”

“Okaysure!” Tao shouted quickly after hearing ‘force’.

My work is done.

 

“Hey! D.O!” Tao called. I turned around and saw the tall Chinese boy running down the corridor. “Wait for me!”

“Hey, Tao. How did the talk go with Kris?” I asked.

“Horrible.” Tao replied and hid himself among his books.

“Why?”

“He couldn’t stop showing my pictures of her.”Tao trembled.

“It’s ok, Tao. You have to be patient. You can’t just abandon true love that quickly.” I said.

“Mm…I guess so.” Tao replied. We stopped outside the school and Tao’s bus came.

“Thank you, D.O.” Tao bowed and then hopped onto the bus. I waved as the bus drove away. At that moment, I looked off to the side and watched as Kai appeared. I frowned. Where had that boy been all day?

“Yah! Jongin! Where have you been?!” I shouted over to him. He just looked at me blankly before walking away. I rolled my eyes and growled. Slacker. He disappears from school whenever he wants…oh, I’m going off topic.

Sunbae, are you blind?

_____________________________________________________________

Thank you everyone for your long comments! I THERIOUTHLY THERIOUTHLY THERIOUTHLY APPRETHIATE THEM!!!!!! LIKE THIS MUCH! (________________________________________________________________________________________) THANK YOU!!!!!