001 - My Brother

Annoyed

 

-D.O POV-

Dammit, I was pissed.

So. Freaking. Pissed.

There were so many things I was pissed about then.

My brother was one of them.

My dear brother, Chanyeol, was one of the dumbest people I know. Out of both of us, it was rather obvious who had received the brains of the family. Chanyeol had landed more on the brute strength side. Ever since I could remember, Chanyeol had always been active in his sports. Particularly in basketball.

Chanyeol first started liking basketball when he was told that he wasn’t tall enough. This was in our junior years. Chanyeol was rather short then. After hearing that, he was determined to grow taller. He exercised, drank lots of milk, slept lots and ate carefully. By senior year he was 185cm tall, standing amongst some of the tallest people in school.

The basketball championships were coming up and Chanyeol had decided to devote all his time to it, completely neglecting his boyfriend, Baekhyun. Over time, I had grown to like Baekhyun. At first he seemed to come across as a quiet and shy boy. I didn’t quite like him because he didn’t talk to me and it was awkward. But after a few visits every week, we grew close and we became friends. I soon found out that the boy like wearing eyeliner, but wore it so subtly that you could barely see it. Baekhyun felt bare without it, but because he knew people were going to about it, he wore it lightly.

“Oh hello, Baekhyun.” I greeted the thin boy as he walked in through the front door. We gave Baekhyun the house keys because he was already a frequent guest at our house.

“Oh hi, D.O!” Baekhyun smiled back as he removed his shoes. D.O isn’t my real name. It’s Kyungsoo. But the name Kyungsoo was too weird.

“Chanyeol is somewhere around here.” I told him and walked over to the kitchen, starting to prepare lunch. There was a loud sound coming downstairs and I quickly looked at Baekhyun. He had this lovesick look on his face. It hurt my heart to see a good friend of mine, waiting foolishly for my stupid brother to wake out of his material world to face reality and also to face the sad and longing look of his boyfriend.   

“Chan-" Baekhyun called, but was cut off when his boyfriend brushed passed him to go put his shoes on. “Where are you going?” I watched silently, for some reason not telling my brother to stay.

“I’m going to do some extra basketball practice. You understand, right Baekhyun?” Chanyeol stood up after tying his laces and flashed Baekhyun his award winning smile, a smile which Baekhyun foolishly falls for every time. D.O watches with horror.

“Of course I understand. You love basketball. Can I come with you?” Baekhyun replied.

“You will just distract me.” Chanyeol replied and wrapped a scarf around his neck. Baekhyun’s lip trembled and he was starting to blink numerous times. I wiped my hands on a towel and slowly made my way over. Then Chanyeol walked out without sparing Baekhyun another smile or wave. The moment the door closed, silence hung in the house. Baekhyun stood there for a second, trembling. Then he gave up and fell to the ground. I looked away and blinked my eyes quickly.

“You’re so stupid, Chanyeol.” I mumbled to myself. Then I walked over to Baekhyun and sat next to him. He leaned onto me, cuddling into my chest. His sobs were quite evident. Then I sneakily took out my phone and pressed record. One day, I’d show it to Chanyeol and he’d beat himself over it.

“I think…” Baekhyun sobbed. “I think…we’re…”

“I’m not listening! La la la la!” I screamed and picked the boy up. “Come on, help me prepare dinner. Chanyeol will be hungry when he gets home.”

“Y-Yeah…” Baekhyun wiped his tears away and then followed me weakly to the kitchen.

 

I took glances at Baekhyun from time to time, just to make sure he was okay. By halfway through, the Chanyeol incident had left his mind.

“Can you pass the salt please, Baekhyun?” I asked, knowing very well what was next to the salt. Baekhyun opened up the cupboard and there, right next to the salt was a box. Baekhyun paused there for a few seconds. Then he shakily reached out for the salt and closed the door.

“Here.” He said quietly and passed me the salt. I looked at him and he gave me back a weird look. It was official. Chanyeol was messing Baekhyun up.

 

“I’ll be leaving now.” Baekhyun called as he placed his shoes on. I ran down the stairs and met up with Baekhyun by the door. He waved to me and then opened the door to leave. At that moment, Chanyeol walked in. Behind him was one of his teammates.

“See ya, Yeol!” he called.

“See ya tomorrow, Siwon!” Chanyeol called. They looked happy. Chanyeol looked happy. It made me sick. Then Chanyeol turned around and saw Baekhyun. “Oh, you’re going now. Bye.” Then Chanyeol pushed passed and started taking off his shoes. Baekhyun choked a bit before running off into the night.

 

“What?” Chanyeol asked as I stared from the couch across from him. He ate a couple of chips before giving me the rest and then getting onto the floor to do a few stretches.

“I’m going to bed.” I whispered and then quickly fled upstairs. I took out my phone and txted Baekhyun.

R u alrite?
-D.O


yea…no. im a mess.
-Baekhyun


Ill beat up my bro now. Brb. :P
-D.O


Thanx man, made my day.
-Baekhyun


Sleep now. Don’t think anymore.
-D.O


Seriously…thanx…night.
-Baekhyun

 

Coming from downstairs, was the sounds of Chanyeol grunting. I turned around in my bed and covered the sounds with my headphones.

I was so disappointed in him.

How I longed to say those words to him. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!