Chap 1

Love Prevails!

 

 

My name is Chiara, I was a normal wealthy man's daughter, never the haughty uptight kind and definitely not the one to take advantage of my fathers wealth, unlike my sisters who were groping at the inheritance rights of our estates. Me on the other had, I was always looking out for an adventure of some kind. Is it chasing a mysterious black cat I was hot on my heels to catch it. On one of these so called fantasy ‘adventures’ of mine I was trying to catch a beautiful Pale Clouded Yellow one of the rare kind of butterflies we hardly get to see in our part of the country so this was an opportunity I could not pass up. It caught my attention and I started trailing it gleefully laughing at the butterflies’ cheeky nature and the maids calling me from a distance

‘Miss Chiara please come back’ 

Ignoring the screaming protests I concentrated on the butterfly. Only when I saw the sun drifting down across the horizon did I finally look around at my surroundings. Usually I am not the one to get scared when I am lost because I get lost all the time but in this unknown territory I felt a sudden surge of terror. I analyzed my surroundings with precaution and took it in. I was in an enclosed glade in some forest, the trees were bright and fresh, unusual because it was mid autumn where the trees are half shedding their leaves turning crisp caramel brown but no, these trees were peachy fine and that’s what gave me goosebumps on my body. A cold gush of air whistled by giving me the shivers and suddenly my head slowly turned around, I could not believe what I was doing it was like I was hypnotized into seeing what was behind me. Bracing myself for the impact of sheer horror I was quite startled when my vision adjusted on the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. He was angelic with the palest skin you will ever get to see and jet black hair to outline the features of his perfectly angled face with the most perfect nose and lips and his eyes were of the purest topaz blue with the slightest hint of ruby red, Wearing a loose black shirt and midnight blue jeans. He was opposite me and I felt like and idiot for not being able to say anything. In a flash of a second he closed the space between us and my head just barely touched the base of his chin I got a fresh scent of cinnamon and something else I could not quite put my finger on. He gazed at me with those rich blue eyes and before I felt the embarrassing hot flush creep up along my face I simply passed out and that’s all I remembered.