One Year Later

Honestly This is a Bit Tiring [SEQUEL]

 

“It’s been a whole year! Don’t you think you should at least talk to him?” Taemin nags me over the phone, Jonghyun our most talked about topic.

Rolling my eyes I unlock my door. “Taemin what time is it there?” Each time he brings him up I feel like my heart is about to be ripped right out of my chest, I still love him even after all this time, I can't get him out of my mind, if I'm not careful I find myself writing, typing or mumbling his name over and over again.

“Who cares, Oh I’m telling you he’s totally distraught over you.”

“Tae, are you using this as an excuse to stay up?”

“N-no.”

Smirking I step in switching the phone to the other side I smile at my roommate before heading into the kitchen to set. “You’re lying, Tae we’re best friends.”

“Don’t you care about us?!” He nearly yells. “Sorry, Minho I’ll be out in the hall.” He mutters.

“Taemin get in bed, if Key or Onew find out you’ll be dead, and if Jonghyun finds you on the phone you’ll be worse off, you know he’s testy at night.”

It was enough to scare me into hitting end, hearing Minho’s voice. I haven’t listened nor even looked at any of them since I left a year ago. I left them and found my way into the good hands of Calvin’s care, my roommate, and his friend Lisa, people I’ve been able to open up to.

“Taemin?”

“Neh.” I respond looking down at my phone sighing. We’ve been calling and texting each other, messaging whenever we could.

“FRENCH or ENGLISH!!” Lisa groans. “I swear, I understand more and more each time you have to go back and say it in a language I understand!” She whines pulling at her hair jokingly.

Calvin pushes her shoulder playfully. “Well, you don’t hear the nonstop calls!”

Rolling my eyes I smile at them sheepishly. “I’m sorry; Korean is the easiest way to talk to him…”

“What about you? Olivia you’re always using it, it’s been slipping out more and more, and besides we’ll be on our winter term soon, and then we’ll have spring term and THEN SUMMER!” Calvin cheers. “But you’re using Korean a lot.”

Biting my lips I sigh. “It’s just I don’t want to forget, as painful as the memories are I’m afraid that I’ll never remember if I forget Korean.”

Lisa hugs me. “Taemin is probably telling the truth then, maybe your lover boy only said what he had to say to protect you.”

Looking away I shrug her off. “I don’t care, Jonghyun should have just told the truth.” I mutter going back to my room.

 

Taemin’s POV

 

Looking at the phone I mutter frustrated, “Look what you did! She HUNG UP!” I hiss out at Minho.

He glares at me. “Who is it anyways that you’re always on the phone with so late at night?”

Looking away I turn my body so I’m facing the wall, wanting to whisper ‘Olivia, I’ve been talking with her since she left, she asked me to keep it a secret.’ “It doesn’t matter, she’s not gonna answer for a while now.”

It’s one here so that means it’s five there….Olivia just come back even if it’s for a little while, I’m sure it’d cheer Jonghyun up.

Ever since she left the letter, Jonghyun has been a wreck, we’re lucky he’s able to make it through all the SHINee stuff, I’d like to see him happy again, it’s sad to see him walk around the condo in a daze carrying Charlie Bepo everywhere.

“Do you think Hyung will get over her?” I mumble our sadly. “It’s been one whole year.”

“Taemin, he loves her. I don’t think it’ll be as simple at time.” Minho mutters. “You never answered my question.”

Rolling my eyes I delete my texts and phone call history, hyung will get nosey sooner or later. “A friend so don’t worry.”

With that we both say goodnight.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

Sitting on the couch wide awake holding Charlie Bepo I look at the note again, if she loves me she’d come back, she’d let me explain. “Olivia-ah…” I mumble smelling the stuff octopus, it still has her scent, faintly, but it’s there a fresh fruit smell. “I love you.”

Walking by Taemin and Minho’s room I stick my head in to see them both asleep, Taemin gripping his phone, like he has been for what seems like forever. That thing has been glued to his hand; he never lets it out of his sight…What a weird kid.

 

Getting into bed Key says something to me. “You know, maybe you should move on. It's been one year hyung.”

Shaking my head I run my hand through my hair. “Not even possible.”

“We know.” Onew says as we all silent say goodnight.

Even after all this time, just her name is enough to get me jittery, the pictures I have of our time together enough to send me back into a depressed state. Even in her absence I'm under her spell, and I just want her to come back I want her to give me the chance to explain everything.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is basically catch up, on their lives moving on, Olivia really being able to trust people again, Jonghyun still in love with her, and Taemin trying to convince her to come on back.

 

Comment and Subscribe!!